A lot of Atheist and agnostics just don't get it

Gotcha. I am not to pay attention to that man behind the curtain.
Obviously you aren't as you keep repeating yourself while ignoring what the entire scripture says.

I do not ignore the stories about God's behavior. You are, of course, free to do so.
You are trying to blame God for the choices carnally minded humans make and you are in error.

I'm not. I'm blaming God for God's choices. At least based upon the stories.
Yet that is exactly what you are doing. You are accusing God and apparently refuse to read or accept anything but your own failed precepts.

Yes. That is exactly what I am doing. But I am not accusing God, I am judging God. The Bible is accusing God.

Obviously you aren't as you keep repeating yourself while ignoring what the entire scripture says.

I do not ignore the stories about God's behavior. You are, of course, free to do so.
You are trying to blame God for the choices carnally minded humans make and you are in error.

Yet that is exactly what you are doing. You are accusing God and apparently refuse to read or accept anything but your own failed precepts.

Yes. That is exactly what I am doing. But I am not accusing God, I am judging God. The Bible is accusing God.
Again all you can post are your erroneous precepts and self justifications for having and holding onto to such hogwash.

Allegory and symbolism mean the stories aren't true as written. So once you get past that, then you can attribute anything you want to the stories. But to then say that somehow these allegories are the word of god sounds ludicrous.
Actually, allegories are there to make a specific point, teach a specific lesson. So, no, we cannot attribute anything we want to the stories. Are you aware that God did not write or even dictate the Bible? That the Bible was written by men? That these stories are considered by many to be inspired by God, while written by men and the lens by which men view life here on Earth?
"Inspired" by god means "total bullshit". It's then more of a philosophy book than a book about god.

Again all you can post are your erroneous precepts and self justifications for having and holding onto to such hogwash.

Then ignore me. There is nothing which compels you to read anything I write.

Perhaps you should start your own thread and make all the accusations you desire.

Perhaps you should start your own thread and make all the accusations you desire.

Or, perhaps you should ask yourself why you feel so threatened. Just a thought.

You think too highly of your own BS.

You think too highly of your own BS.

Quite likely. Maybe you don't think highly enough of your own.

The bible is supposed to be the word of god. Now you want to dumb it down to inspired by god. Having doubts, are we?
As a child, in Catholic School, we were taught that the Bible is the inspired word of God. Where were you taught that God either wrote or dictated the Bible? So, no, I have no doubts. Why? Do you doubt your atheism?

The bible is supposed to be the word of god. Now you want to dumb it down to inspired by god. Having doubts, are we?
As a child, in Catholic School, we were taught that the Bible is the inspired word of God. Where were you taught that God either wrote or dictated the Bible? So, no, I have no doubts. Why? Do you doubt your atheism?
So god didn't actually give Moses the 10 commandments? The making everything in 6 days is bs? The story of Noah never happened and was simply inspired by what a god might say? ...

So god didn't actually give Moses the 10 commandments? The making everything in 6 days is bs? The story of Noah never happened and was simply inspired by what a god might say? ...
Reading the Bible literally again, Taz?

Still having trouble with fact, culture, and allegory?

also, try not to forget the forgeries added 4 centuries after the event ... the religion of the roman empire. christianity.

also, try not to forget the forgeries added 4 centuries after the event ... the religion of the roman empire. christianity.
And yet there are no beliefs or practices of the early Christians that are not the beliefs and practices of Christians today.

So much for your forgery conspiracy theory.

Reading the Bible literally again, Taz?
Your way proved nothing. Just that you don't believe the bible as written.

Ok, so you don't believe the bible is true either. Got it.
No, you haven't "got it." It is your translation/interpretation of the Bible that is so hard to swallow.
I always thought that what was written in the bible was considered to be true. I went to Sunday school, and a catholic school run by priests, so that was what I was taught. But that was eons ago... So now, people find themselves having to move the goalposts because as written, it makes no common or scientific sense. I'm just surprised how people can say they believe in the god of the bible but don't think that the bible is true. That seems contradictory to me.

Forum List

Back