A Candy You Hate

You stole mine. Both black lic and mounds.

How about red hots. Those little red things aren't a candy and aren't a breathing either.

Or easter candy sucks. Or cheap Halloween candies. Hate them. Trick or trash.

I hate peeps

That's funny you mention that because I as just thinking Easter is around the corner and I'm dreading seeing all the peeps in the stores. ALSO, living in the DC area, they have this PEEP Diorama Contest it's so annoying and they talk about it constantly.
You never smoked a Peep?

no, but I was in class with a kid that snorted crushed Smarties....

Do not tell me we went to the same school!

I did that in sophomore year with a rolled up ten dollar bill in sex-ed, and the lesbian gym coach thought I was actually snorting coke, and when she found out what I had did she was laughing her ass off and told me that I would be the only idiot to do something like that!

Maybe it was you. Your name is not Greg Ferguson is it?

How about red hots. Those little red things aren't a candy and aren't a breathing either.

I hate peeps

That's funny you mention that because I as just thinking Easter is around the corner and I'm dreading seeing all the peeps in the stores. ALSO, living in the DC area, they have this PEEP Diorama Contest it's so annoying and they talk about it constantly.
Maybe it was a delicious treat in 1899 but not today.

like Circus Peanuts
I only eat tootsy rolls because there the only thing available. Seems like a candy for 1916 not 2016

I used to love them. I like the fruity ones better now but only on occasion.

I hate peeps

You never smoked a Peep?

I did that in sophomore year with a rolled up ten dollar bill in sex-ed, and the lesbian gym coach thought I was actually snorting coke, and when she found out what I had did she was laughing her ass off and told me that I would be the only idiot to do something like that!

Nope!

I actually did something that stupid though!

You never smoked a Peep?

Nope!

He was my square dance partner in Elementary school also....
I'm telling you guys are way more fun than girls... girls did not do things like that.....

I don't care for black licorice. I pretty much am not fan of things that get stuck in your teeth. Even if I like the taste......

I love coconut so not sure why I hate Mounds and Almond Joy. Maybe I just don't like coconut with chocolate...

I hate peeps

You ever blow up a peep in the microwave? Only takes a few seconds. Put it on a plate first.

I would not do it. Can you imagine the clean up???????????????

Surround it with tin foil

You never smoked a Peep?

Nope!

I'm telling you guys are way more fun than girls... girls did not do things like that.....

I will do a thread one day asking the craziest thing someone has ever done or had done to them, or maybe you will beat me to it... :)

Nope!

I will do a thread one day asking the craziest thing someone has ever done or had done to them, or maybe you will beat me to it... :)
For Bonzi's sake, make it about sex, Gracie loves watching...

I don't care for black licorice. I pretty much am not fan of things that get stuck in your teeth. Even if I like the taste......

I love coconut so not sure why I hate Mounds and Almond Joy. Maybe I just don't like coconut with chocolate...
I like the flavor of coconut, but I hate the texture. It feels as if I'm eating toe nails.

I might have been considered the luckiest kid in town. My Grandmother ran the candy counter at a local department store. Grandma was as indulgent with me as all Grandmothers are with their first grandchild. But Grandma thought that her taste in candy was the same as mine and my brother's and our cousins. Grandma preferred jellied fruits, butterscotch, flavorless taffies and candied nuts. What did she have against chocolate?

Last edited:

I like the flavor of coconut, but I hate the texture. It feels as if I'm eating toe nails.

I might have been considered the luckiest kid in town. My Grandmother ran the candy counter at a local department store. Grandma was as indulgent with me as all Grandmothers are with their first grandchild. But Grandma thought that her taste in candy was the same as mine and my brother's and our cousins. Grandma preferred jellied fruits, butterscotch, flavorless traffics and candied nuts. What did she have against chocolate?

My grandfather owned a family owned deli/convenience store. Right by the river. I loved visiting them and miss them more than anything in the world!

Look people, Bacon does not rule the world... hey wait......

I don't like any candy with coconut. I don't like Peeps, those giant peanut-looking candies or candy corn.

I've never even heard of some of the candies you guys are talking about though.

Grandma's candy counter was at the Washington Street entrance of Ogilvie's Department Store. Right by the elevator and the walnut telephone booths where, for a dime, you could call Mom and let her know where you were.

A great glass counter held heaps of chocolat covered malted milk balls, peanut clusters, jelly beans, caramels, something called "bridge mix" that I found out in junior high school had nothing to do with bridges but the card game, miniature Reese Cups, an assortment of old fashioned penny candy like root beer barrels (my favorite), sugary dots arrayed on what looked like adding machine paper, wax bottles filled with fruit drinks, wax lips that stained your real lips ruby red and, candy cigarettes used to train the next generation of smokers in the style and etiquette of smoking.

Ogilvie's had pneumatic tubes at every counter. Customers would make their purchases in cash or on their store credit. The clerk would put the money or credit slip into a container just like at the drive up window at the bank and the tubes would whisk the paper work up to the mezzanine level where cashiers would record the sale then put the change back into the container to be blown along the tube back to the counter. Fascinating! Especially considering drive up bank windows had yet to be invented!

There was a big section of the second floor that served Boy and Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts and Brownies. That's where a young boy could press his nose up to the glass counter and dream of owning a real pocket knife.

Ogilvie's was a magical place.

Grandma's candy counter was at the Washington Street entrance of Ogilvie's Department Store. Right by the elevator and the walnut telephone booths where, for a dime, you could call Mom and let her know where you were.

A great glass counter held heaps of chocolat covered malted milk balls, peanut clusters, jelly beans, caramels, something called "bridge mix" that I found out in junior high school had nothing to do with bridges but the card game, miniature Reese Cups, an assortment of old fashioned penny candy like root beer barrels (my favorite), sugary dots arrayed on what looked like adding machine paper, wax bottles filled with fruit drinks, wax lips that stained your real lips ruby red and, candy cigarettes used to train the next generation of smokers in the style and etiquette of smoking.

Ogilvie's had pneumatic tubes at every counter. Customers would make their purchases in cash or on their store credit. The clerk would put the money or credit slip into a container just like at the drive up window at the bank and the tubes would whisk the paper work up to the mezzanine level where cashiers would record the sale then put the change back into the container to be blown along the tube back to the counter. Fascinating! Especially considering drive up bank windows had yet to be invented!

There was a big section of the second floor that served Boy and Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts and Brownies. That's where a young boy could press his nose up to the glass counter and dream of owning a real pocket knife.

Ogilvie's was a magical place.

I love Girl Scout cookies. Thin mints . . . yummmmmm.

I don't like any candy with coconut. I don't like Peeps, those giant peanut-looking candies or candy corn.

I've never even heard of some of the candies you guys are talking about though.
For me, Peeps were no good on Easter Sunday. In a week, once they became stale and hard enough to cut gemstones, they were ready to eat!

My oldest and dearest friends were brothers and sisters in a family that was so much like mine it was scary. Our parents were friends in high school, we we all the same ages, went to the same church, were in scouts together and are still close today.

Their family joke tradition is giving the same bag of marshmallow circus peanuts to one another. Ever since the Apollo missions, these folks have traded the exact same bag of those orange colored peanut shaped marshmallows. I think if anyone ever dropped that bag, the circus peanuts might shatter like glass.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back