7 states pass marriage amendments

Hey chad,
How many wheels does your bike have? Do you have actual tubes in the tires or are they the solid type. Does it have a basket? What kind of backpack did your mommie get for you to go to school with? GooGoo:baby:

If you really cared about the planed you would sell those two gas wasters and drive a Prius, but use your bike for trips less than 10 miles.

I ride my bike everywhere since I live in a city. The Saturn is for highway driving, and occasionally I race the Porsche in SCCA or PorscheClub track days.

I ride my bike everywhere since I live in a city. The Saturn is for highway driving, and occasionally I race the Porsche in SCCA or PorscheClub track days.
Well you really need to stop drinving all those highway miles for no reason. And the racing, well, that's just wasteful of the Planet's resources, as well as noisy and smelly. So, what are you compensating for?

Well you really need to stop drinving all those highway miles for no reason. And the racing, well, that's just wasteful of the Planet's resources, as well as noisy and smelly. So, what are you compensating for?

The Saturn is environmentally friendly, relatively. It's a good car to drive home on the holidays, since I cannot take public transportation and riding my bike hundreds of miles is not an option.

The Porsche helps compensate for my lack of self-expression, b/c I can customize and upgrade the car to display creativity, which is something I'm not able to do with myself in my current surroundings outside of the car.

The Saturn is environmentally friendly, relatively. It's a good car to drive home on the holidays, since I cannot take public transportation and riding my bike hundreds of miles is not an option.

The Porsche helps compensate for my lack of self-expression, b/c I can customize and upgrade the car to display creativity, which is something I'm not able to do with myself in my current surroundings outside of the car.

If you cared at all about The Planet then you would forget about seeing your relatives and send them a post card with a photo of you growing organic vegetables in roof top pots.

You should sell the polluting, gas wasting Porsche and donate the money to Al Gore's next campaign, or the Sierra Club. Or better yet, make it into a planter so some other planet-hater won't use it to pollute.:whip3:

If you cared at all about The Planet then you would forget about seeing your relatives and send them a post card with a photo of you growing organic vegetables in roof top pots.

You should sell the polluting, gas wasting Porsche and donate the money to Al Gore's next campaign, or the Sierra Club. Or better yet, make it into a planter so some other planet-hater won't use it to pollute.:whip3:

I'll do it if you do the same:thup:

But I'm a Conservative, and don't subscribe to the Mother Earth Religion like you Liberals. I practice what I preach; you should do the same instead of wasting our Planet's sacred natural resources by attempting to affirm your masculinity.

But you just told me what to do, so if you don't do the same then you aren't practicing what you preech. Oh wait, assuming you're a Chrisitian, then that's perfectly excusable.

But you just told me what to do, so if you don't do the same then you aren't practicing what you preech. Oh wait, assuming you're a Chrisitian, then that's perfectly excusable.
Everyone is different and should adhere to their own standards. As a conservative Christian I adhere to mine. As an atheist Liberal you should adhere to yours. Otherwise you are a hypocrit.

Everyone is different and should adhere to their own standards. As a conservative Christian I adhere to mine. As an atheist Liberal you should adhere to yours. Otherwise you are a hypocrit.

I’m happy that I’m an individualist. I don’t follow every line on the Conservative Bible or the Liberal Bible. I prefer to think for myself.

Yeah, it sucks that people still discriminate.
Arguably, refusal to grant homosexuals equal marriage rights is more serious than discrimination -- it is a form of racism.

Consider, for example, the underlying premise of racism: people are seen as members of a group, not as individuals. We see the same attitudes in conservative circles these days against Muslims.

To reject the premise that all people have a right to marriage (i.e. equal treatment before the law) is to reject the idea that all people are equal, regardless of their political, philosophic or group identites. We saw the same thing in the American South with the Jim Crow laws. Blacks were refused equal treatment under the pretense of "separate but equal" laws, which discriminated unabashedly against blacks as a group.

I see very little difference in the current rejection of equality under the marriage laws.

By what standard do people in a free society reject the freedom of some individuals because their views deviate from what the majority seems to consider appropriate? Is that not the basis of racism? Is that not what happened to the Jews in Nazi Germany? As we know, it did not take long to translate the principle of discrimination against the Jews in Hitler's Germany into the Nazi final solution.

Is that the desired end of those who vote against homosexual marriage? Probably not. But the very act of rejecting individual rights when it comes to civil contracts is a huge step in that direction, IMO. There is only one basis for such views, IMO: religious prejudice.

What's next? Burning homosexuals at the stake?

Arguably, refusal to grant homosexuals equal marriage rights is more serious than discrimination -- it is a form of racism.

Consider, for example, the underlying premise of racism: people are seen as members of a group, not as individuals. We see the same attitudes in conservative circles these days against Muslims.

To reject the premise that all people have a right to marriage (i.e. equal treatment before the law) is to reject the idea that all people are equal, regardless of their political, philosophic or group identites. We saw the same thing in the American South with the Jim Crow laws. Blacks were refused equal treatment under the pretense of "separate but equal" laws, which discriminated unabashedly against blacks as a group.

I see very little difference in the current rejection of equality under the marriage laws.

By what standard do people in a free society reject the freedom of some individuals because their views deviate from what the majority seems to consider appropriate? Is that not the basis of racism? Is that not what happened to the Jews in Nazi Germany? As we know, it did not take long to translate the principle of discrimination against the Jews in Hitler's Germany into the Nazi final solution.

Is that the desired end of those who vote against homosexual marriage? Probably not. But the very act of rejecting individual rights when it comes to civil contracts is a huge step in that direction, IMO. There is only one basis for such views, IMO: religious prejudice.

What's next? Burning homosexuals at the stake?

Cute, seems about right from the country that brought us the crappy art of Van Gogh. Check the dictionary ace, marriage is the union of a man and a woman....period.

That's a silly comparison. A license is based on qualifications. We don't grant driver's licenses to the blind.

What qualifications do a couple have to have in order to get a marriage license? One person has to be an adult male and one person has to be a female. How petty. I think that the qualifications should be amended to allow adults of the same sex to get married to each other.

What qualifications do a couple have to have in order to get a marriage license? One person has to be an adult male and one person has to be a female. How petty. I think that the qualifications should be amended to allow adults of the same sex to get married to each other.

Then to be consistent you must also agree that someone who has no qualifications in the field of medicine should be allowed to get a medical license, or someone who is blind should be able to get a driver's license- otherwise it just wouldn't be fair.:slap:

Then to be consistent you must also agree that someone who has no qualifications in the field of medicine should be allowed to get a medical license, or someone who is blind should be able to get a driver's license- otherwise it just wouldn't be fair.:slap:

The key question is: Why. Why must it be that one adult is male and the other adult is female in order for the couple to get a marriage license? The reasons for the qualifications for one to have a medical license are quite clear. The license is an indication that you are skilled in medicine. The person owning a driver’s license is understood to be knowledgeable at driving. To be consistent, I suppose that the couple that has a marriage license know how to remain a couple. Hmmm. On second thought, considering the rate of domestic violence, perhaps a marriage license doesn’t tell us very much about the married couple’s skill at marriage.

Forum List

Back