Tennessee allows Government Officials to refuse to approve marriages they don’t agree with

An obvious attempt to deny gays the right to marriage

But it does not limit itself to same sex marriage.

If a couple is interracial, can they be denied marriage?
If the couple has engaged in adultery, can you deny marriage for religious reasons.
If you think the bride is too ugly or too fat, can you deny the marriage because you find it repulsive?
And so it begins – the right’s assault on Loving and Obergefell, just was we saw with Roe.

Something about reaping and sowing, as I recall...
USMB Mission Statement.jpg

Your argument has stronger merit - and I would agree with it - when there aren't substitutes. Here there are a plethora of them when you add in notaries. if someone doesn't want to, why would you want them anyway?
Not the point.

‘Camilla Taylor, deputy legal director for litigation for Lambda Legal, an LGBTQ legal advocacy group, said that the law is an effort to “roll back recent progress by the LGBTQ community.”

“Tennessee House Bill 878 would be patently unconstitutional,” Taylor said in a statement to CNN. “Public officials don’t get to assume public office and then pick and choose which members of the public to serve.”’ ibid

This is about a bad-faith effort by Republicans to provoke a lawsuit to get the issue before a Supreme Court whose conservative majority is clearly hostile to Obergefell and likely Loving – a conservative majority that has already demonstrated its contempt for settled, accepted precedent.

I get your gig now. Pro homosexual. What do you need? For 4 year olds to marry?
You don't get shit! 4 year olds.? How fucking stupid are you. ? That is a new low for you. It takes a special kind of sick fuck to even think of that . Sounds like I pushed you over the edge Pal. Don't do anything foolish. Get help

For the record , these are some of the things that you said that you have been running from:

1 Your idiotic assertion that a woman married to a woman should not refer to that woman as her wife
2. Gay people do not need to, or want to be narried
3 That we ( Progressives or whatever) are trying to “manage” the lives of gay people by approving of and passing gay marriage while you and your ildk want to deprive them of marriage
4 Gender dysphoria in kids is somehow the result of gay marriage
5 Gays should be and in fact were ok with civil unions until we ( enter adjective) messed that up and imposed marriage on them

Last edited:
You don't get shit! 4 year olds.? How fucking stupid are you. ? That is a new low for you. It takes a special kind of sick fuck to even think of that . Sounds like I pushed you over the edge Pal. Don't do anything foolish. Get help

For the record , these are some of the things that you said that you have been running from:

1 Your idiotic assertion that a woman married to a woman should not refer to that woman as her wife
2. Gay people do not need to, or want to be narried
3 That we ( Progressives or whatever) are trying to “manage” the lives of gay people by approving of and passing gay marriage while you and your ildk want to deprive them of marriage
4 Gender dysphoria in kids is somehow the result of gay marriage
5 Gays should be and in fact were ok with civil unions until we ( enter adjective) messed that up and imposed marriage on them
Cry me a river.

This is what you sub-cretinous statist mouth breathers get, by demanding The State be involved in private decisions among consenting adults.

Cry me a river.

This is what you sub-cretinous statist mouth breathers get, by demanding The State be involved in private decisions among consenting adults.
You are the ones denying consenting adults the right to marry

Cry me a river.

What the fuck are you blathering about? Who the fuck is it that has tried to regulated what consenting adults can to from marriage to reproductive issues. ? How fucking stupid can you be

What the fuck are you blathering about? Who the fuck is it that has tried to regulated what consenting adults can to from marriage to reproductive issues. ? How fucking stupid can you be
This all stems form marriage licenses, that you shitlib fucks demand to be issued to anyone and everyone.

You made this shit political, don't come whining and crying when the politics go against you.

This all stems form marriage licenses, that you shitlib fucks demand to be issued to anyone and everyone.

You made this shit political, don't come whining and crying when the politics go against you.

If you meet the laws for a legal marriage it is not the business of a Government official to decide otherwise

Anyone and everyone? Really? Like mothers ans sons, fathers and daughters , Fathers and sions, Oddballs and theu=ir digs? We demanded that? What the fuck are you jabbering about?

You bigots made it political when you tried to tell unrelated consenting adults who they could marry based in their respective genitals and now you are crying,

In related news...here is an example of a theocrat who inspires such bigotry

“A believer should not go to a homosexual or transgender wedding, for a lot of reasons. But [Begg] was making the argument that you go out of compassion, rather than condemnation, you go to show love to them, as a means to reach them.

“My response to that is the most loving thing you could possibly do, would be not to go, and to condemn the relationship. That is loving.

“It’s not loving to help somebody celebrate stepping into the fury of God’s judgment. No transgender person, effeminate, homosexual will enter the kingdom of heaven. This is not a time for you to celebrate.”

Loving?? Give me a fucking break!. That is a pretty bizarre idea of love. War is peace. Lies are truth. Hate is love.

An obvious attempt to deny gays the right to marriage

If a couple is interracial, can they be denied marriage?
If the couple has engaged in adultery, can you deny marriage for religious reasons.
If you think the bride is too ugly or too fat, can you deny the marriage because you find it repulsive?
Yeah I don't understand a state that wants to make backward progress, it isn't 1950 anymore and times have changed.

Forum List

Back