$50 minimum wage

Yep. You’re a total ignoramus on economics.

Yep, you have poor business sense. I was assistant manager at a fast food joint on a big university campus; our average lunch rush was anywhere from 800 to 1,100 customers per hour. We ran it with 6 people, including myself. This was in the early 1970's. I worked 35 hours a week, and could afford t live in an apt. off campus even at outrageous rents typical in college towns, and paid my tuition and books, with plenty left over for extras and savings. this was before automation, outside of a rotissary that cooked the hamburger patties and toasted the buns. We built the burgers and sandwiched from scratch, along with serving meals like salisbury steaks and gravy, spaghetti, etc. with veggies and bread, fried chicken and fish. You weirdo idea fast food takes an hour per burger and a lot of labor is just crazy.

Yep, you have poor business sense. I was assistant manager at a fast food joint on a big university campus; our average lunch rush was anywhere from 800 to 1,100 customers per hour. We ran it with 6 people, including myself. This was in the early 1970's. I worked 35 hours a week, and could afford t live in an apt. off campus even at outrageous rents typical in college towns, and paid my tuition and books, with plenty left over for extras and savings. this was before automation, outside of a rotissary that cooked the hamburger patties and toasted the buns. We built the burgers and sandwiched from scratch, along with serving meals like salisbury steaks and gravy, spaghetti, etc. with veggies and bread, fried chicken and fish. You weirdo idea fast food takes an hour per burger and a lot of labor is just crazy.
You never touched the books then.

$90 min wage in California.

Please!

Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) argued on Monday that a $50-per-hour minimum wage is mathematically coherent.

At a debate for candidates vying for the late Dianne Feinstein's U.S. Senate seat, Lee tried to justify her demand that the U.S. government mandate that businesses pay their employees a minimum of $50 per hour.

"In the Bay Area, I believe it was the United Way that came out with a report very recently: $127,000 for a family of four is just barely enough to get by," Lee said. "Another survey very recently: $104,000 for a family of one — barely enough to get by ... because of the affordability crisis."

California's cost-of-living problems, especially in the Bay Area, are no secret. But how would Lee's proposal be paid for?

Comment:
Minimum wage is for unskilled labor.
If you want to be paid more, you need to learn a skill.
Employers probably could not afford to pay $50 per hour for unskilled labor.
It would probably cause an increase in unemployment.
$50 would be too high of a jump. Unfortunately because republicans are selfish morons, our minimum wage should be close to that by now as something incremental should have been started decades ago. Because of that, the economy suffers.

Prices only go up depending on the minimum wage increase. More importantly, if people have higher wages, they are spending more money. Republicans are too stupid to understand the importance of consumer spending even though it accounts for 70% of the economy. People are in poverty because republicans are selfish morons.

Why don't you get the fuck out of here? You pathetic piece of shit. If it's much better over there, we're going to make it better and awesome, over here and it doesn't matter how you feel about it. How about that? Want to fight? Go ahead, you draw first blood and we'll see who's left still standing when it's all over. You piece of garbage.
Meltdown of the day, you piece of communist garbage..

Republicans always cause massive inflation with their money printing & spending.

Democrats lower inflation with taxes.
/----/

1707949596228.png

First let's not make it possible to hire anyone less than 18. We simply don't need kids in any workplace.

lol if it takes an hour to make a burrito, minimum wage is way down on the list of problems your burrito business has
/------/ You couldn't run a Kool-Aid stand without adult supervision. Average number of employees at Taco Bell per shift: It depends on the store and the time of day. Lunch shift at a store is usually 5-7 people, while the dinner shift is 7-9 people.
Taking 7 as an average, the store is spending $385 per hour per shift not including rent, supplies, insurance, and utilities. Now tell us how that is viable at $2 per taco. At what point does a taco become so expensive, people stop buying it?
1707949958498.png

1707950022747.png

1707950092306.png

1707950176590.png

Attachments

• 1707950617135.png
    1707950617135.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 2
/------/ You couldn't run a Kool-Aid stand without adult supervision. Average number of employees at Taco Bell per shift: It depends on the store and the time of day. Lunch shift at a store is usually 5-7 people, while the dinner shift is 7-9 people.
Taking 7 as an average, the store is spending $385 per hour per shift not including rent, supplies, insurance, and utilities. Now tell us how that is viable at $2 per taco. At what point does a taco become so expensive, people stop buying it?
View attachment 902312

View attachment 902313

View attachment 902314

View attachment 902315

Rubbish. Blaming labor costs for the lack of enough business is just stupid; they aren't entitled to profits in the first place, nor is it the govt.s job to provide them with cheap labor just to make you feel good. There are fast food joints all over the place; most of them are just in the real estate business first, the food business last. If they aren't making any money it has nothing to do with minimum wage laws.

Forum List

Back