2023 officially over with no recession in sight. Thanks Biden!

Boom and bust on housing. I bought a house in Long Beach, Ca. in the 1970's for 25k. Three years later sold it for 50k. It's now going for 800 k. It's boom and bust in real estate. At least in some areas.
Sold my house in Jersey (that I bought for $185K on 1986) for $400K seven years ago. It resold two years after for $580K.

Resold a year ago for 700K

Real estate tends to go up and people moving out of the cities following COVID made it jump more.

I feel bad for that last buyers. Prices are dropping

Sold my house in Jersey (that I bought for $185K on 1986) for $400K seven years ago. It resold two years after for $580K.

Resold a year ago for 700K

Real estate tends to go up and people moving out of the cities following COVID made it jump more.

I feel bad for that last buyers. Prices are dropping
but dumb ass, any property you tried to buy went up at the same rate, so you made nothing if you repurchased another house. Doh!

You fkers are so fking stupid.

Boom and bust on housing. I bought a house in Long Beach, Ca. in the 1970's for 25k. Three years later sold it for 50k. It's now going for 800 k. It's boom and bust in real estate. At least in some areas.
All property does that, so what ever one makes will merely be enough to repurchase another house. Cause they all went up while your 70's property went up. In other words, a dollar is still a dollar no matter where you use it.

You right wingers and your media echo chamber assured me… 100% chance you assured me… we were going into recession… 100%.

Well, where is it? Looks like foxy Biden out foxed the world. Best economy in the first world.. some lists have us second.

Let’s get rid of the GOP insurrectionists and keep the economy going!

As a reminder here were the dummy predictions:

People on this site were posting that we were in a recession in the summer of 2021.

but dumb ass, any property you tried to buy went up at the same rate, so you made nothing if you repurchased another house. Doh!

Apparently you never heard of "location, location, location"

Some property goes up a lot more than others because of location. And a move from one area to another, can result in significant profit. Why do you think people are moving out of those high priced blue states, to red states, where property is cheap, and taxes are low.

Apparently you never head of "location, location, location"

Some property goes up a lot more than others because of location. And a move from one area to another, can result in significant profit. Why do you think people are moving out of those high priced blue states, to red states, where property is cheap, and taxes are low.
yep, so what? all property went up by the same percentages. Not every property is the same price duh!!!!!

Unless you move to another state, or another area in the state.
nope, in the state, property goes up the same percentages. An area may be a more ritzy area than another, but that was that way when you purchased the property you sold.

I did fine. Moved upstate and bought a house for $325K

Perfect for me.

yep, so what? all property went up by the same percentages. Not every property is the same price duh!!!!!
Wrong !!!!!!! And wrong on a BIG scale.

Some areas experienced wild gains in property values, while other areas only small gains.

The city that has experienced the most significant rise is none other than Los Angeles. California's largest city, LA, has seen home prices rise around 23.8 percent since September 2022

As Home Prices Fall, These 5 Cities Are Offering Buyers Big Savings

Austin, Texas (down 16.4% from May 2022)

Wrong !!!!!!! And wrong on a BIG scale.

Some areas experienced wild gains in property values, while other areas only small gains.

The city that has experienced the most significant rise is none other than Los Angeles. California's largest city, LA, has seen home prices rise around 23.8 percent since September 2022

As Home Prices Fall, These 5 Cities Are Offering Buyers Big Savings

Austin, Texas (down 16.4% from May 2022)
How's that different than what I said?

How's that different than what I said?

Say you were in a $500,000 house in LA in 2022, and looking at a $500,000 house in Austin. Waiting a year, and the house you were in went UP 23%, and the house you were looking at went down 17%.

Even you can do that math.

Say you were in a $500,000 house in LA in 2022, and looking at a $500,000 house in Austin. Waiting a year, and the house you were in went UP 23%, and the house you were looking at went down 17%.

Even you can do that math.
It's a different state?

then why did you feel the need to go to Texas? My statement was in state.
Whether within the same state, or from state to state, the direction of property values vary. Some areas go up, other areas go down.
You think it's like an ocean, where the tide raises all boats by the same amount.

As I said, you couldn't be more wrong.

Whether within the same state, or from state to state, the direction of property values vary. Some areas go up, other areas go down.
You think it's like an ocean, where the tide raises all boats by the same amount.

As I said, you couldn't be more wrong.
again, nothing that I didn't say. I used the word Ritzy!!

Forum List

Back