12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

/----/ Let's discuss this
45635496_1988825404499660_5333744895049859072_n.jpg

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

California has some of the strictest gun laws, so what do you propose that can fix the issue?
We could do it, but not overnight, if we focused on severely limiting the violence in our entertainment and teaching kids from the time they can hit that killing other humans is the lowest thing you can do, including screwing your sister (in other words, taboo).

I don't think somebody screwing their sister was the root cause the shooting last night.

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.
/----/ Let's start with the biggest killers and work backward.

What laws do you think I'm proposing? If gun control isn't the answer, there must be another answer, because these mass shootings are not acceptable and they are not normal everyday business as usual in any other developed country in the world.

Funny, she can't see the REAL cause of the problem...liberal social policies. :rolleyes:
Then they need to be changed. Which of those liberal social policies directly created this? I'm serious, not arguing. Tell me which one(s).

To all the families and friends of the victims, I would like to offer my sincere thoughts and prayers

I would also like to assure them that their gun rights will remain secure and that nothing will be done to impede their ability to obtain the weapon of their choice

And yet YOU adamantly and consistently vote for policies that are directly responsible for killing them
well my oh my, aren't you "Sincere"?

In spite of all the tragedy in California, we can rest assured that we will continue to have the gun rights that keep us safe

Get that amendment through the House, Senate, Oval Office and approved by the States and if not then this discussion is moot...

What amendment?

We need our guns, they keep us safe
To the tune of 33,000 gun deaths a year

A dozen people slaughtered is a small price to pay for our right to bear arms

No one even cares anymore about the dead, do they?

No one cares in the US about mass shootings. Its become just a fact of life in the US. Knifes are so much worst.

I have a better chance of being killed on 59 in Houston because of drivers like you using their cellphone and texting.

Almost three thousand deaths so far this year just on Texas Highway system so when will you guys start caring and stop driving?

I have a flip top phone and use it only for emergencies. (PS: sorry saying it was you about abortion, it was basic human Unit).

This type of nonsense ensures that nothing will ever be done.
Yeah right, pointing out the facts of life disturbs the narrative.
Lack of respect for other people's lives ensures nothing will ever be done in the US the way it's done in other developed countries. Freedumb, don't you know?

Just another day in America, another shooting. When you go out to the bar, and get drunk, just remember to take your gun with you because you never know if the urge to just shoot the fuck out of people in a drunken state might not take over your brain.

Wait, no, leave your gun at home, and then when you're drunk as fuck, then other people can shoot you up.

Wait, no, stay at home, it's not safe outside. You can only protect your family if they're in a nuclear bunker with at least 10 trizillion rounds of ammo for each family member for the chain guns in the pillar box on the roof and the semi-automatics for the concrete tight corridors.

Remember children, the world's not safe, buy cotton wool.

California has strict gun laws, so why did the state fail to protect those people?
A proper LIbEral response would be to call for even more of the same poison that is causing the sickness in the first place.

Because.....
As we ALL know, they actually don't give a damn about safety....hell, they viciously murder millions of innocent babies every day....and yawn....
They ENCOURAGE MS-13 to occupy our cities and assist their illegal entry into the country.

And they claim to be concerned about public "safety".....LMAO

No, they are after the US Constitution....the PRIZE? The 2nd Amendment. Take guns away from Americans.

THAT's the goal....not "safety"...and because of people like Oddball and many other closet Progs calling themselves Rightwing but failing to get involved (refuse to vote) in the fight to stop them, eventually they will succeed.

Yes we knew abortion would come up, to defend mass killings.
Whenever someone brings up abortion after a mass murder, all I think is hypocrite. Justifying the murder of innocents because of abortion just shows how little life truly means to these folks.

/----/ Let's start with the biggest killers and work backward.
You left off handguns

California has some of the strictest gun laws, so what do you propose that can fix the issue?

A proper LIbEral response would be to call for even more of the same poison that is causing the sickness in the first place.

I am actually very liberal in my views but not Progressive...

The issue with those like the OP is when they can not get their way they want big brother to fix it and for that to happen they will need enough votes in the Senate along with the White House and States to approve a new amendment which will never happen.

So as Old Lady pushes her agenda of more strict Federal Laws the reality is they will not stop a damn thing because criminals do not obey laws ever!
When "I don't get my way?" WTF is wrong with you this morning? If I don't get my way?
Twelve more people dead for no reason whatsoever going about their business, living their lives. Innocent people. I don't GET MY WAY?
If you mean college kids should be able to visit a dancehall country and western bar on a Wednesday night and have a good time without being murdered, yeah, I guess that would be "my way." Why isn't it yours?

Of course Old Lady can not tell the board what she want and is instead trolling as usual!

The fact is it is against the law to murder, carry your gun into a bar and California has some of the strictest laws here in the States. So what more do you want?

Ban all firearms?

Not happening but please keep pretending you care about those people while you ignore the mass shootings in Chicago you hypocrite!

`
Some sort of gun control is needed.

California already has the most stringent state wide gun control laws in the nation. The shooter violated several the laws that California already had.

No other laws would have made a damn bit of difference.

Gun control laws never work to stop gun crimes. We see that every night in Chicago, as an example.

When "I don't get my way?" WTF is wrong with you this morning? If I don't get my way?
Twelve more people dead for no reason whatsoever going about their business

Stop saying this dumb shit fool.
THE REASON is liberal social policies. Shocking you refuse to see it :rolleyes:
The definition of "stump stupidity"

Liberals keep getting liberals killed.....the irony

We could curb some shootings I bet.
Like other countries with much lower firearm homicide rates, by severely regulating handguns and military style semi automatics? Nah. That would never work. Don't even consider it. What are a few college kids' lives against easy access to handguns and military style semi automatics?

No price of freedumb is too high.
in the 70s and into the 80s rifles and guns were in the back windshield of most every pick up in a high school parking lot. can't think of a time any of those ever got stolen or used against their classmates.

something has changed since then, to be sure. but guns have not gotten more deadly in my lifetime, just used more often. you know - "consider it" as you preach. consider that our culture has adopted violence far too much than we ever have before as a means to an end and we're far too willing to reach for that gun than we were 50 years or less ago.

if you want to fix the problem you need to put your snark away and any notion you may have about banning things resolving our issues.

or - as you say - "don't even consider it".

Should we ban country bars?

Some good laws that expand the power fo government and remove some of our rights should come out of this.

if you want to fix the problem you need to put your snark away and any notion you may have about banning things resolving our issues.
I wonder how 'severely regulating' like other developed nations becomes 'banning'. Freedumb I suppose.

Forum List

Back