12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

Prayers out to the wounded and surviving family members.

That said, OL, ma'am tens and tens of millions of us will never experience the absolutely pointless, horrible loss of life in person of a mass shooting. Period. This is how terrorism works. Terrorists use one violent event to terrify millions of other FREE people in giving up some hallowed, vital aspect of their freedom. Goddamned terrible as this act of cowardly violence is, we American free men and women must NEVER allow terrorists to frighten us out of our freedoms—out of what makes us American and free.
Thank you for at least being decent about it, nightson.

This morning I thought (and not for the first time) "My God, this is going to happen here one of these days." It is happening in the safest communities in the nation. It is happening where crime is low and guns seem to be in the hands of responsible people. One of these days, I'll be shopping or buying Xmas presents at a craft fair or eating breakfast at the local diner and a whack job (we've got them too) will walk in with his gun and start shooting all the total strangers in the place NOT because he is a terrorist but because he's got an issue and he's gonna go out in a blaze of glory.

We've done something terribly wrong in this country and we need to take a very long, deep look at what it is.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. The other day my better half and I were chilling out at Dunkin Donuts. Some guy just outside the front glass door was rooting around in his SUV for half an hour, looking real suspicious so I formulated a plan to jam the door closed if he came out of the back of his vehicle with a weapon. My fiancé says I'm paranoid, but then being hyper paranoid is part of my job—even off duty. But I get it. I used to live in Detroit, so that edge of preparedness and observational vigilance sort of never goes away.

All I can tell you is just go about your life as usual. Don't let acts of mass cowardice like all these shootings of late stop you from Christmas shopping or whatever. Just keep an eye out and your cell phone handy, but don't give in to the terror either.

In spite of all the tragedy in California, we can rest assured that we will continue to have the gun rights that keep us safe

In spite of gun rights to keep us safe, we can rest assured liberals and Progs will continue to passs useless laws that endanger our Constitutional rights and get even more people killed

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

California has some of the strictest gun laws, so what do you propose that can fix the issue?

A proper LIbEral response would be to call for even more of the same poison that is causing the sickness in the first place.

I am actually very liberal in my views but not Progressive...

The issue with those like the OP is when they can not get their way they want big brother to fix it and for that to happen they will need enough votes in the Senate along with the White House and States to approve a new amendment which will never happen.

So as Old Lady pushes her agenda of more strict Federal Laws the reality is they will not stop a damn thing because criminals do not obey laws ever!
What laws do you think I'm proposing? If gun control isn't the answer, there must be another answer, because these mass shootings are not acceptable and they are not normal everyday business as usual in any other developed country in the world.

And yet California has some of the strictest laws in the nation, so why did they fail to protect those people?

CA does not have that strict of gun laws, the US law is simply lax.
California shooting: Twelve dead at Thousand Oaks music bar | Daily Mail Online

We've done something terribly wrong in this country and we need to take a very long, deep look at what it is.

Democracy is being weaponized in America much in the same way it's been weaponized all over the world in the last 50 years or so. That's a deep topic, though. I imagine most of these events are just natural products of the phenomenon. People react to what they see and hear.

Without the 24/7 non-stop divide and conquer routine on our televisions and social media, I doubt we'd see so many of these incidents.

Last edited:
Congrats on being the first one on here to use this tragedy to push a political agenda!

Why wait till the blood is dry?

not sure how that really helps at times like this - personalizing a tragedy.

i wish we could focus on solutions which imho involve looking into our healthcare and meds we give kids these days because they're kinda energetic. but if i'm wishing, i wish these things would stop. short of that, we find better ways to address it when it does happen.

It’s political opportunism.

Mental health issues and the dangers of over prescribing psychotropic drugs doesn’t help the left expand government and remove our rights.

I am calling it out.
you're engaging in it and making it such and as such, someone is going to call you out on it.

wait, maybe this is that.

Yes, I am doing what the left does.

Feel free to call me out.

I blame Maxine Waters’ hate rhetoric for the shooting.
you are doing it BEFORE the left has done it, ergo to ensure we keep this "jr high" - YOU STARTED IT!!!! and *when* the left comes in and does it also you'll then say SEE I TOLD YOU THEY'D DO WHAT I DID!!!

and the world will sink deeper into the depths and abyss of stupid.

i blame the shooter. he's the only one who could have done it, or stopped himself.
We could curb some shootings I bet.

Stop treating every child as a winner all the time. Learning to deal with adversity is an integral part of growing up. (Social promotion in school, participation trophies, etc)

Stop pumping our kids full of drugs

Stop allowing illegal immigration

Teach gun safety to all children in school.

Make mental health counseling and education more available and less stigmatized.

Stop dividing people by category thereby creating unnecessary angst.

Lots of somewhat simple steps but it all starts in childhood.
we control a lot of *other* things guns go back to not being a problem.

Doesn’t California have the best gun laws?

This couldn’t have happened in California because liberals have made California a perfect state.
I`m pretty sure that California`s borders are open. Is it possible that a gun can be brought in from another state dumbass?

You mean like criminals coming to America from the open Mexican border?

That doesn’t happen.
The MAGA folks are the ones gunning people down and sending bombs to Trump`s enemies. Why talk about a wall?

It’s political opportunism.

Mental health issues and the dangers of over prescribing psychotropic drugs doesn’t help the left expand government and remove our rights.

I am calling it out.
you're engaging in it and making it such and as such, someone is going to call you out on it.

you are doing it BEFORE the left has done it, ergo to ensure we keep this "jr high" - YOU STARTED IT!!!! and *when* the left comes in and does it also you'll then say SEE I TOLD YOU THEY'D DO WHAT I DID!!!

i blame the shooter. he's the only one who could have done it, or stopped himself.

Stop treating every child as a winner all the time. Learning to deal with adversity is an integral part of growing up. (Social promotion in school, participation trophies, etc)

Make mental health counseling and education more available and less stigmatized.

Yes, mental health and a fucking Prozac nation is a huge part of the problem.

Doesn’t California have the best gun laws?

This couldn’t have happened in California because liberals have made California a perfect state.
I`m pretty sure that California`s borders are open. Is it possible that a gun can be brought in from another state dumbass?

You mean like criminals coming to America from the open Mexican border?

That doesn’t happen.
The MAGA folks are the ones gunning people down and sending bombs to Trump`s enemies. Why talk about a wall?
This type of nonsense ensures that nothing will ever be done.

America is a powder keg, for sure. Too much hate for one another. Sadly, it seems fueled from the top down.
You are not looking in the right area to see who is fueling the hate. I can assure you it is not president Trump. Why not look at who all is taking advantage of keeping a circus type atmosphere alive worldwide since it is in their best financial interest to do so. While you are looking into that take a look at all of the places that have bought and paid for political leaders from the top clear down to city councils in some areas.

Yes, mental health and a fucking Prozac nation is a huge part of the problem.
well you've identified your issues. now go fix them.

Like other countries with much lower firearm homicide rates, by severely regulating handguns and military style semi automatics? Nah. That would never work. Don't even consider it. What are a few college kids' lives against easy access to handguns and military style semi automatics?

No price of freedumb is too high.

California has some of the strictest gun laws, so what do you propose that can fix the issue?

A proper LIbEral response would be to call for even more of the same poison that is causing the sickness in the first place.

The issue with those like the OP is when they can not get their way they want big brother to fix it and for that to happen they will need enough votes in the Senate along with the White House and States to approve a new amendment which will never happen.

So as Old Lady pushes her agenda of more strict Federal Laws the reality is they will not stop a damn thing because criminals do not obey laws ever!
When "I don't get my way?" WTF is wrong with you this morning? If I don't get my way?
Twelve more people dead for no reason whatsoever going about their business, living their lives. Innocent people. I don't GET MY WAY?
If you mean college kids should be able to visit a dancehall country and western bar on a Wednesday night and have a good time without being murdered, yeah, I guess that would be "my way." Why isn't it yours?

What laws do you think I'm proposing? If gun control isn't the answer, there must be another answer, because these mass shootings are not acceptable and they are not normal everyday business as usual in any other developed country in the world.

And yet California has some of the strictest laws in the nation, so why did they fail to protect those people?

CA does not have that strict of gun laws, the US law is simply lax.
California shooting: Twelve dead at Thousand Oaks music bar | Daily Mail Online

1. You made a false claim about me introducing abortion!

2. Learn to fucking read because I wrote strictest laws here not in the damn world and you know this!

3. You have laws preventing criminals from owning firearms, no straw purchasing, against killing, carrying your firearm into bars, shooting people, and so on, so what more do you need?

Forum List

Back