12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

California has some of the strictest gun laws, so what do you propose that can fix the issue?
We could do it, but not overnight, if we focused on severely limiting the violence in our entertainment and teaching kids from the time they can hit that killing other humans is the lowest thing you can do, including screwing your sister (in other words, taboo).

Yeah, it has never worked before but keep on dreaming.

Since Cain and Able humanity has been killing each other and if two brothers of the supposed first two humans could not be taught what the hell make you think nearly half billion people can be taught that killing is wrong?

Also old lady how many more laws do you need?

It is against the law to kill and I am betting it was against the law to bring that firearm into the bar!

Also did the shooter legally own the firearm and if not stealing is also against the law.

If bought by another person, yep straw purchases is also against the damn law.

So what new law do you want?

Doesn’t California have the best gun laws?

This couldn’t have happened in California because liberals have made California a perfect state.
not sure how that really helps at times like this - personalizing a tragedy.

i wish we could focus on solutions which imho involve looking into our healthcare and meds we give kids these days because they're kinda energetic. but if i'm wishing, i wish these things would stop. short of that, we find better ways to address it when it does happen.

It’s political opportunism.

Mental health issues and the dangers of over prescribing psychotropic drugs doesn’t help the left expand government and remove our rights.

I am calling it out.
you're engaging in it and making it such and as such, someone is going to call you out on it.

wait, maybe this is that.

Yes, I am doing what the left does.

Feel free to call me out.

I blame Maxine Waters’ hate rhetoric for the shooting.

This couldn’t have happened in California because liberals have made California a perfect state.

i wish we could focus on solutions which imho involve looking into our healthcare and meds we give kids these days because they're kinda energetic. but if i'm wishing, i wish these things would stop. short of that, we find better ways to address it when it does happen.

Mental health issues and the dangers of over prescribing psychotropic drugs doesn’t help the left expand government and remove our rights.

I am calling it out.
you're engaging in it and making it such and as such, someone is going to call you out on it.

you are doing it BEFORE the left has done it, ergo to ensure we keep this "jr high" - YOU STARTED IT!!!! and *when* the left comes in and does it also you'll then say SEE I TOLD YOU THEY'D DO WHAT I DID!!!

and the world will sink deeper into the depths and abyss of stupid.

i blame the shooter. he's the only one who could have done it, or stopped himself.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

California has some of the strictest gun laws, so what do you propose that can fix the issue?

A proper LIbEral response would be to call for even more of the same poison that is causing the sickness in the first place.

I am actually very liberal in my views but not Progressive...

The issue with those like the OP is when they can not get their way they want big brother to fix it and for that to happen they will need enough votes in the Senate along with the White House and States to approve a new amendment which will never happen.

So as Old Lady pushes her agenda of more strict Federal Laws the reality is they will not stop a damn thing because criminals do not obey laws ever!
What laws do you think I'm proposing? If gun control isn't the answer, there must be another answer, because these mass shootings are not acceptable and they are not normal everyday business as usual in any other developed country in the world.

And yet California has some of the strictest laws in the nation, so why did they fail to protect those people?

I am calling it out.

you are doing it BEFORE the left has done it, ergo to ensure we keep this "jr high" - YOU STARTED IT!!!! and *when* the left comes in and does it also you'll then say SEE I TOLD YOU THEY'D DO WHAT I DID!!!

i blame the shooter. he's the only one who could have done it, or stopped himself.

I blame the smog and that’s from global warming and that’s Trumps fault.

I`m pretty sure that California`s borders are open. Is it possible that a gun can be brought in from another state dumbass?

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Prayers out to the wounded and surviving family members.

That said, OL, ma'am tens and tens of millions of us will never experience the absolutely pointless, horrible loss of life in person of a mass shooting. Period. This is how terrorism works. Terrorists use one violent event to terrify millions of other FREE people in giving up some hallowed, vital aspect of their freedom. Goddamned terrible as this act of cowardly violence is, we American free men and women must NEVER allow terrorists to frighten us out of our freedoms—out of what makes us American and free.
Thank you for at least being decent about it, nightson.

This morning I thought (and not for the first time) "My God, this is going to happen here one of these days." It is happening in the safest communities in the nation. It is happening where crime is low and guns seem to be in the hands of responsible people. One of these days, I'll be shopping or buying Xmas presents at a craft fair or eating breakfast at the local diner and a whack job (we've got them too) will walk in with his gun and start shooting all the total strangers in the place NOT because he is a terrorist but because he's got an issue and he's gonna go out in a blaze of glory.

We've done something terribly wrong in this country and we need to take a very long, deep look at what it is.

I am calling it out.

I blame the smog and that’s from global warming and that’s Trumps fault.
night johnboy.

What laws do you think I'm proposing? If gun control isn't the answer, there must be another answer, because these mass shootings are not acceptable and they are not normal everyday business as usual in any other developed country in the world.

Funny, she can't see the REAL cause of the problem...liberal social policies. :rolleyes:

I`m pretty sure that California`s borders are open. Is it possible that a gun can be brought in from another state dumbass?

You mean like criminals coming to America from the open Mexican border?

That doesn’t happen.

It is Nevada and Arizona fault... Wait, it is Trump fault... Wait, it is Bush jr. fault... Wait, is Hitler allow?

We need to outlaw Trenchcoats!

If you don’t agree, you hate children!!

I saw abort humanity and save the Universe from us...
Stop the planet and get off buddy. Be part of the solution not the problem

You would miss me!

I am the one with the best dope, hottest skanks, and horrible jokes and take the bullet for you...

Still the morons pretending they care about the deaths of those in California to further their agenda to get firearms banned make me wish I had the abort button!
Sadly we can not stop mass murders. They have been with humanity since its inception.
All the arguments over guns is dumb and I am not a gun owner.

I am one and own two shotguns and know laws do not stop criminals and you know this...

I am already lecturing old lady about her stupidity in wanting big brother to ban firearms, so know my first response in this thread was mocking the idiots..

Just another day in America, another shooting. When you go out to the bar, and get drunk, just remember to take your gun with you because you never know if the urge to just shoot the fuck out of people in a drunken state might not take over your brain.

Wait, no, leave your gun at home, and then when you're drunk as fuck, then other people can shoot you up.

Wait, no, stay at home, it's not safe outside. You can only protect your family if they're in a nuclear bunker with at least 10 trizillion rounds of ammo for each family member for the chain guns in the pillar box on the roof and the semi-automatics for the concrete tight corridors.

Remember children, the world's not safe, buy cotton wool.

California has strict gun laws, so why did the state fail to protect those people?
A proper LIbEral response would be to call for even more of the same poison that is causing the sickness in the first place.

Because.....
As we ALL know, they actually don't give a damn about safety....hell, they viciously murder millions of innocent babies every day....and yawn....
They ENCOURAGE MS-13 to occupy our cities and assist their illegal entry into the country.

And they claim to be concerned about public "safety".....LMAO

No, they are after the US Constitution....the PRIZE? The 2nd Amendment. Take guns away from Americans.

THAT's the goal....not "safety"...and because of people like Oddball and many other closet Progs calling themselves Rightwing but failing to get involved (refuse to vote) in the fight to stop them, eventually they will succeed.

Yes we knew abortion would come up, to defend mass killings.

I never mentioned abortion!

So do not add me to your fucking conversation!

I am actually very liberal in my views but not Progressive...

The issue with those like the OP is when they can not get their way they want big brother to fix it and for that to happen they will need enough votes in the Senate along with the White House and States to approve a new amendment which will never happen.

So as Old Lady pushes her agenda of more strict Federal Laws the reality is they will not stop a damn thing because criminals do not obey laws ever!
From the sound of her hysteria, I would almost say, that it was her instigating the shootings, just so she can get the 2nd amendment repealed. You know Rules for Radicals, the ends justify the means, even if it means killing young kids...
You are not referring to me, are you? If you want to be taken seriously, maybe you should try posting reasonably.

To all the families and friends of the victims, I would like to offer my sincere thoughts and prayers

I would also like to assure them that their gun rights will remain secure and that nothing will be done to impede their ability to obtain the weapon of their choice

And yet YOU adamantly and consistently vote for policies that are directly responsible for killing them
well my oh my, aren't you "Sincere"?

In spite of all the tragedy in California, we can rest assured that we will continue to have the gun rights that keep us safe

Prayers out to the wounded and surviving family members.

That said, OL, ma'am tens and tens of millions of us will never experience the absolutely pointless, horrible loss of life in person of a mass shooting. Period. This is how terrorism works. Terrorists use one violent event to terrify millions of other FREE people in giving up some hallowed, vital aspect of their freedom. Goddamned terrible as this act of cowardly violence is, we American free men and women must NEVER allow terrorists to frighten us out of our freedoms—out of what makes us American and free.
Thank you for at least being decent about it, nightson.

This morning I thought (and not for the first time) "My God, this is going to happen here one of these days." It is happening in the safest communities in the nation. It is happening where crime is low and guns seem to be in the hands of responsible people. One of these days, I'll be shopping or buying Xmas presents at a craft fair or eating breakfast at the local diner and a whack job (we've got them too) will walk in with his gun and start shooting all the total strangers in the place NOT because he is a terrorist but because he's got an issue and he's gonna go out in a blaze of glory.

We've done something terribly wrong in this country and we need to take a very long, deep look at what it is.

What more laws do you need?

You and the Progressive movement keep on saying you need to be safe and yet all the laws your states pass seem useless, so tell me why is it the criminal is refusing to play by your rules?

Do you actually believe you can ban all firearms?

To all the families and friends of the victims, I would like to offer my sincere thoughts and prayers

I would also like to assure them that their gun rights will remain secure and that nothing will be done to impede their ability to obtain the weapon of their choice

And yet YOU adamantly and consistently vote for policies that are directly responsible for killing them
well my oh my, aren't you "Sincere"?

In spite of all the tragedy in California, we can rest assured that we will continue to have the gun rights that keep us safe

Get that amendment through the House, Senate, Oval Office and approved by the States and if not then this discussion is moot...

I am calling it out.

We could curb some shootings I bet.

Stop treating every child as a winner all the time. Learning to deal with adversity is an integral part of growing up. (Social promotion in school, participation trophies, etc)

Stop pumping our kids full of drugs

Stop allowing illegal immigration

Teach gun safety to all children in school.

Make mental health counseling and education more available and less stigmatized.

Stop dividing people by category thereby creating unnecessary angst.

Lots of somewhat simple steps but it all starts in childhood.

Forum List

Back