11 things the Bible bans, but you do anyway

Still waiting for why so called Christians say divorce is okay.

I don't believe I ever said it was 'okay' in the first place...

But the church did. All over the place. Everywhere they took a stand against gay marriage, but not one against divorce.

And divorce does a helluva lot more damage than gay marriage does.

What church? See that's the problem, you create this groupism and apply it across the board and then build on that as if it were true. I know of no church that would say divorce is 'okay'. And then you use some convoluted logic that if they say divorce is okay then of course a gay relationship is okay too. You wont be satisfied with a government recognized gay marriage until you force all religions to sanctify it as well. You have no respect for anyone else's beliefs or boundaries, you will continue to call them bigoted and
judgmental until and unless the accept what YOU feel is 'right'

I don't believe I ever said it was 'okay' in the first place...

But the church did. All over the place. Everywhere they took a stand against gay marriage, but not one against divorce.

What church? See that's the problem, you create this groupism and apply it across the board and then build on that as if it were true. I know of no church that would say divorce is 'okay'. And then you use some convoluted logic that if they say divorce is okay then of course a gay relationship is okay too. You wont be satisfied with a government recognized gay marriage until you force all religions to sanctify it as well. You have no respect for anyone else's beliefs or boundaries, you will continue to call them bigoted and

You don't? There are plenty of Christians on here, along with you, fighting SSM. Why aren't you fighting divorce just as hard.

!

You don't? There are plenty of Christians on here, along with you, fighting SSM. Why aren't you fighting divorce just as hard.

I haven't fought anything.. ive stated that the church wont sanctify it because they see it as a sin. No more, no less. You can legalize anything you want, you can reconstruct society in any way you want, teach future generations that its all 'feel good', and go all out. None of that will change God's word.

And people like you will continue to bash Christians and churches and call them bigots regardless, its just who you are.

Picking and choosing what you fight is different from saying the thing you aren't fighting as hard is right.

The case against divorce is complicated by the fact that the Bible does condone divorce in some cases, so it wouldn't make sense to wage the same type of legal battle against divorce as people wage against same sex marriage.

I haven't fought anything.. ive stated that the church wont sanctify it because they see it as a sin. No more, no less. You can legalize anything you want, you can reconstruct society in any way you want, teach future generations that its all 'feel good', and go all out. None of that will change God's word.

And people like you will continue to bash Christians and churches and call them bigots regardless, its just who you are.

You'd rather die than check yourself? Understandable.

Have a good one.

Been married for 32 years, have gone through thick and thin with my spouse, I believe that God is real and hates a divorcing, but I understand that some divorces are justified. I don't know if I am or am not a good Christian, I try but I, like everyone, have shortcomings. I think their are Bible principles that should never be broken and others that show the spirit of God's laws.
I don't believe God approves of homosexuality, yet, I leave it in God's hands in judging them. I have had very good friends that talked openly about my views and although I don't agree with their point of view, it is between them and their God, just as my actions are between myself and my God.

August 1st I will have been married 17 years.

He's been living with another woman for the last four of them. I didn't divorce because a) I didn't scramble these eggs, b) it costs money *see a* and c) it's against my religion.

Four years later, I'm hearing Pastor Dave in my head. "You think God doesn't know you're divorced? You think he needs to see that little piece of paper before he says 'Oh yeah; that is one dead marriage.'"

Have you ever considered seeing a professional instead of airing your dirty laundry on a public political forum?
What's so dirty about it?

Obviously she is fine with it, so why does it bother you?

August 1st I will have been married 17 years.

He's been living with another woman for the last four of them. I didn't divorce because a) I didn't scramble these eggs, b) it costs money *see a* and c) it's against my religion.

Four years later, I'm hearing Pastor Dave in my head. "You think God doesn't know you're divorced? You think he needs to see that little piece of paper before he says 'Oh yeah; that is one dead marriage.'"

Have you ever considered seeing a professional instead of airing your dirty laundry on a public political forum?
What's so dirty about it?

Obviously she is fine with it, so why does it bother you?

Obviously 'life' makes him uncomfortable.

Damn humans.

Have a good one.

Put your money where your mouth is and show a post where ive fought ssm.. you wont find one... I'm actually on record being for legalizing a gay civil union. Idiot...

I thought this thread was a light hearted look at some outdated Bible teachings, not a serious discussion about marriage equality.

Divorce is allowed on grounds of immorality.

Jesus said - "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality,and marries another woman commits adultery..."

Have a good one.

Put your money where your mouth is and show a post where ive fought ssm.. you wont find one... I'm actually on record being for legalizing a gay civil union. Idiot...

I stand corrected. Idiot...

Because apparently that's the Christian way to say "Have a great day!"

The point being, if you are going to find some Bible bans (in the Old Testament) silly, you should also find the ban against homosexuality silly. If eating bacon is normal, so is same sex marriage.

Homosexuality is referred to as "lewd" and "perverse" behavior in the NT. It was brought forward. The Lord let us know what behaviors would damage our souls. It is only men (that includes women) that think they know better than the Lord.

Have a good one.

Judging me again? I don't understand why you're so judgmental.. :rolleyes:

Divorce is allowed on grounds of immorality.

Jesus said - "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality,and marries another woman commits adultery..."

Who gets to determine what is "moral" and "immoral"? And, by whose standards will you determine "morality".

It's perfectly "moral" to walk around topless on beaches in Europe and in South America (I've been to both), yet it's "immoral" to to the same thing here in America.

The only things that are sins are the things listed in the 7 Noahide Commandments, or the 10 Commandments.

All others are vices that lead to sin, not sin itself.

Perhaps you'd be happier living in some other country. Where would you like to live?

The place I was born.

NYC.

You see..the Constitution of the United States protects citizens against theocracy.

That's the way I like it.

You might have a point if there was anyone on here who wanted a theocracy.. oh the drama... :lol:

He has a point to the extent that a significant number of Christians are indeed seeking to codify Christian dogma into secular law. That was the raison d'être of the Santorum candidacy, for example, a campaign that realized millions of votes in support of such goals as re-criminalizing homosexuality.

Consequently, Christian fundamentalism indeed poses a threat to our civil liberties, not in a desire to establish a ‘theocracy’, but in the desire of many Christians to further blend church and State – call it ‘creeping theism.’

Making fun of christianity is a sport to liberals and I find it to be stupid.

I think she's more making a point than making fun.

It's a legitimate question - if the Bible is the moral authority to oppose gay marriage, why do we not use the Bible to oppose, say, eating shellfish?

Not only that but every time someone pulls out the Old Leviticus verses, they completely ignore the fact that as those verses head into The Book of Numbers, and I point out hey look here we have a Priest who is giving a female cheating spouse a drink of "bitter water" to make her abdomen swell and miscarry a pregnancy. The sound of crickets can be heard for miles... Does God advocate or condone abortion in the Bible or doesn't he???

My interpretation of this: if the woman had not sinned, she would be fine. If she did, the baby (already carrying all the sins of both parents), and possibly the woman would die, stopping the passage of those dreadful sins to the next generation (no Lord's blessings for that family). Kind of like the poisonous snake handlers, today.

The Lord did not give the woman the drink. Don't you think if the Lord wanted abortions or miscarriages, He could have kept the population of the world to under "2 billion"? The Lord does not "condone" human sacrifice (at any age).

The book of Numbers is where the priests are gathering so much power the Hebrews are considering choosing a king (instead of allowing the priests to usurp individual's power). There are many things in numbers that "we" would not do (reasonably, if we were alive then). The Bible is a book of learning, and not all the examples contained in it are "good".

Judging me again? I don't understand why you're so judgmental.. :rolleyes:

I'm a sad panda. You only have the two notes, and you just keep hitting them over, and over, and over, and -

The place I was born.

NYC.

You see..the Constitution of the United States protects citizens against theocracy.

That's the way I like it.

You might have a point if there was anyone on here who wanted a theocracy.. oh the drama... :lol:

He has a point to the extent that a significant number of Christians are indeed seeking to codify Christian dogma into secular law. That was the raison d'être of the Santorum candidacy, for example, a campaign that realized millions of votes in support of such goals as re-criminalizing homosexuality.

Consequently, Christian fundamentalism indeed poses a threat to our civil liberties, not in a desire to establish a ‘theocracy’, but in the desire of many Christians to further blend church and State – call it ‘creeping theism.’

You're obviously either a liar or crazy or both... :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back