11 things the Bible bans, but you do anyway

‘Gay civil unions’ is not marriage, it’s insulting, demeaning segregation. Same-sex couples seek only what they have a right to, as with all citizens: marriage.

Marriage is a sacred act before God.. the day you start to force that on religious institutions against their will is the day you will see how far you can push people... what the government gives you is a legal license, I.e.civil.. whether you're a hetero or homo couple. You can call it what you want, it still wont force people who don't believe in it to accept it.

No one is interested in making Churches marry people they don't want to marry. Civil marriage equality means being able to apply for a civil marriage license and have the same benefits of marriage that heteros enjoy.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Even atheists have the right to marry, so that does not make marriage for them a "sacred act before God."

That's my definition of it.. atheists have a legal agreement or union not a blessed one. Imo the government cant marry you, only when youre before God are you married in a sacred sense. I see a distinction between the two which is why I don't oppose a legal/ government union.

Good leave religion and
churches out of it. And if all you wanted was 'legal' thenyou wouldn't care if it was called marriage or. Civil union.

It will be called a marriage.

You cancall it whatever you like, I really don't care. You'll never force a church tongo against its. beliefs. ;)

No one wants churches to go against their beliefs. Marriage equality is about civil marriage law.

Marriage is a sacred act before God.. the day you start to force that on religious institutions against their will is the day you will see how far you can push people... what the government gives you is a legal license, I.e.civil.. whether you're a hetero or homo couple. You can call it what you want, it still wont force people who don't believe in it to accept it.

No one is interested in making Churches marry people they don't want to marry. Civil marriage equality means being able to apply for a civil marriage license and have the same benefits of marriage that heteros enjoy.

Even atheists have the right to marry, so that does not make marriage for them a "sacred act before God."

That's my definition of it.. atheists have a legal agreement or union not a blessed one. Imo the government cant marry you, only when youre before God are you married in a sacred sense. I see a distinction between the two which is why I don't oppose a legal/ government union.

Then we agree. You support marriage equality. Just as atheists are free to marry, so should same sex couples be free to legally marry, and churches are free to marry whoever they choose.

It's the legal status that we want to have the same.

11 Things The Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway - 11Points.com

So I thought it'd be a good time to find a bunch of stuff that the Bible bans... stuff that's a lot LESS convenient. Don't worry, though... just because I'm pointing it out, that doesn't mean you now have to follow it. It's a lot easier to keep discriminating against gay people for no particular reason than to stop eating bacon, after all.

Here are 11 things that are technically banned by the Bible. (All quotes are translations from the New American Standard Bible, but, because I'm actually trying to maintain serious journalistic integrity here, I cross-referenced several other translations to make sure I wasn't missing the point.)

There shouldn't be a thread because HEY! It's the Bible and everybody knows it's just like the Pope.

/thread

The bible is the Word of God. You can't take snippets and just throw them out there. There is a flow to both testaments the old and the new.

Have you ever read it? I have. I read daily. I've been back and forth thru the Bible so many times. It is a joy. Psalms have saved me in my darkest hours.

Always remember though, whatever the commandments, Christ is the game changer. He didn't get the shit kicked out of him and have nails driven thru his body on a cross so we can just party down.

Man, they did him big time. Can you imagine being freaking nailed to wood 9 feet in the air and some guy just for fun spears you in the side?

Now think about it. Nice and simple. He died for us. We are free in his love.

:eusa_angel:

Then we agree. You support marriage equality. Just as atheists are free to marry, so should same sex couples be free to legally marry, and churches are free to marry whoever they choose.

Yep.. ive said this before many times.. and that also means that polygamous marriages should be allowed as well.

ellen-1.jpg

Yep.. ive said this before many times.. and that also means that polygamous marriages should be allowed as well.

Legal marriage status. That's marriage equality. Atheists can marry. They don't marry in Churches. Gays and lesbians want to be able to LEGALLY marry. We don't care about church.

Last edited:

Hells bells why not? Fuck your goat in the back yard as well, I'm at the point I really don't give a shit whatsoever as long as the goat has signed a waiver.

Years ago gay marriage was made legal up here. We have not collapsed as a society, but most would prefer the lifestyle of the bath house wall of cocks versus marriage. (for those that don't know the gay scene, you can go into a bath house and suck about a 100 cocks that are just men putting their dicks thru the wall to be sucked.

You have men sucking. You have men putting their dicks thru the walls to be sucked.

Such is life. But there is a certain segment who want to get married. I get that. I just resent the redefinition of a word for political reasons. I'm sticky that way.

Good leave religion and
churches out of it. And if all you wanted was 'legal' thenyou wouldn't care if it was called marriage or. Civil union.

That's right because non-religious people are still free to marry. Marriage isn't all about Church.

It's about making a couple family.

"Marriage across societies is a public sexual union that creates kinship obligations and sharing of resources between men, women, and the children they may produce or adopt.

Marriage is an essentially private, intimate, emotional relationship created by two people for their own personal reasons to enhance their own personal well-being. Marriage is created by the couple,
for the couple. It is wrong, discriminatory, as well as counterproductive, therefore, for the state to favor certain kinds of intimate relations over others. Marriage has a legal form but no specific content."
http://www.marriagedebate.com/pdf/What is Marriage For.pdf

Here we go again with: let's pretend we are the same....
You cannot make a family, because it is physically impossible for you to "mate". Going thru the motions doesn't make it so.

That's right because non-religious people are still free to marry. Marriage isn't all about Church.

"Marriage across societies is a public sexual union that creates kinship obligations and sharing of resources between men, women, and the children they may produce or adopt.

Marriage is an essentially private, intimate, emotional relationship created by two people for their own personal reasons to enhance their own personal well-being. Marriage is created by the couple,
for the couple. It is wrong, discriminatory, as well as counterproductive, therefore, for the state to favor certain kinds of intimate relations over others. Marriage has a legal form but no specific content."

You cannot make a family, because it is physically impossible for you to "mate". Going thru the motions doesn't make it so.

Childless couples can adopt, use a surrogate or be artificially inseminated. Gay and lesbian families have children.

We aren't the same. My mind is open to you and your family and yours isn't to me and mine.

Legal marriage status. That's marriage equality. Atheists can marry. They don't marry in Churches. Gays and lesbians want to be able to LEGALLY marry. We don't care about church.

Frogs "want" pockets so they can carry pistols and shoot snakes....

My guess is what bothers you the most is that Churches are irrelevant to civil marriage law.

If a frog told you that, you would tell it no?

Childless couples can adopt, use a surrogate or be artificially inseminated. Gay and lesbian families have children.

We aren't the same. My mind is open to you and your family and yours isn't to me and mine.

If someone tells me they are really a lion, I don't "open" my mind to them either. I think: this one needs help. That is how I look at you. Your posts support that. You seem totally lost, and you want to give the rest of us, life instruction? I have a "rock" in my life and a Savior, I don't need validation (someone to tell me what I am doing is "right" by forcing the legallity of my beliefs). Homosexual activists, on the other hand run around telling those of us that actually read the Bible what is in it (most of the time, they are using it out of context, and Revelations says that you should not do that...). They use the Bible to MANIPULATE other people, and try to beat everyone over the head with it, because those people will not tell them how smart and "right" they are when they are engaging in a destructive lifestyle. We get that you waaaaaaant it. It is another demonstration of how people stop their emotional development when they have had sex at an early age. It is not their fault, but they do not look at things as emotional adults.

And no, you are not open to me or my family. You say that, and then you are working to corrupt the community built on the "real" meaning of marriage (not the fluffy "we love each other stuff"). You keep telling us you are not, but that is exactly what you are doing. Deceit runs so deep in you that you do not even realize how obvious it is to those around you. You post because you waaaaaaaant it, it should be legal. You can show no benefit for homosexuals to be elevated to respectable status as a married couple to society. You can site exceptions, but you can not provide evidence where active homosexuals "produce" anything as a couple. I am sorry, but the nitwits feeding your fantasy are doing you no favors.

If someone tells me they are really a lion, I don't "open" my mind to them either. I think: this one needs help. That is how I look at you. Your posts support that. You seem totally lost, and you want to give the rest of us, life instruction? I have a "rock" in my life and a Savior, I don't need validation (someone to tell me what I am doing is "right" by forcing the legallity of my beliefs). Homosexual activists, on the other hand run around telling those of us that actually read the Bible what is in it (most of the time, they are using it out of context, and Revelations says that you should not do that...). They use the Bible to MANIPULATE other people, and try to beat everyone over the head with it, because those people will not tell them how smart and "right" they are when they are engaging in a destructive lifestyle. We get that you waaaaaaant it. It is another demonstration of how people stop their emotional development when they have had sex at an early age. It is not their fault, but they do not look at things as emotional adults.

And no, you are not open to me or my family. You say that, and then you are working to corrupt the community built on the "real" meaning of marriage (not the fluffy "we love each other stuff"). You keep telling us you are not, but that is exactly what you are doing. Deceit runs so deep in you that you do not even realize how obvious it is to those around you. You post because you waaaaaaaant it, it should be legal. You can show no benefit for homosexuals to be elevated to respectable status as a married couple to society. You can site exceptions, but you can not provide evidence where active homosexuals "produce" anything as a couple. I am sorry, but the nitwits feeding your fantasy are doing you no favors.

We want a legal, civil marriage, and your religious beliefs are irrelevant to that. I know it bugs you that atheists, lesbians and gays are get married without your Church's stamp of approval.

We don't need your approval nor want it.

You mistake me for a fool sky, not very 'nice' of you. It wasn't meant to be 'light' or 'funny' but whatever makes you happy dear. ;)

Still waiting for why so called Christians say divorce is okay.

Christianity permits divorce, but that doesn't make it "okay". Many Christians are divorced because Christians aren't perfect.

I know it does, but should it? Do the vows that are said during a wedding mean anything or are they just words? Does God approve of many of the divorces?

I'm still waiting to see an answer to this, rather than deflection.

But it's Monday, and I'll be here all week. Surely someone will say "Well, I've been married to the same person all along, and I should only be addressing my own issues."

Then I can point out that if nothing else, go with that. If you honestly believe you shouldn't be eating shellfish or a human of the same gender, AND you honor all the rest of it, that's a different discussion. But if you're cherry-picking Bible verses to foment bigotry, then you don't have a Biblical leg to stand on.

Been married for 32 years, have gone through thick and thin with my spouse, I believe that God is real and hates a divorcing, but I understand that some divorces are justified. I don't know if I am or am not a good Christian, I try but I, like everyone, have shortcomings. I think their are Bible principles that should never be broken and others that show the spirit of God's laws.
I don't believe God approves of homosexuality, yet, I leave it in God's hands in judging them. I have had very good friends that talked openly about my views and although I don't agree with their point of view, it is between them and their God, just as my actions are between myself and my God.

August 1st I will have been married 17 years.

He's been living with another woman for the last four of them. I didn't divorce because a) I didn't scramble these eggs, b) it costs money *see a* and c) it's against my religion.

Four years later, I'm hearing Pastor Dave in my head. "You think God doesn't know you're divorced? You think he needs to see that little piece of paper before he says 'Oh yeah; that is one dead marriage.'"

Sorry to hear that, I think a loving God would not hold it against you, if your husband is cheating on you. However, only you and your God can resolve those issues. Take care.

Forum List

Back