11 things the Bible bans, but you do anyway

The place I was born.

NYC.

You see..the Constitution of the United States protects citizens against theocracy.

That's the way I like it.

I see. Have you suffered from Christophobia long?

Hmm..

After doing some studying about how Christians treated Jews through out the ages..especially the Christan Nazis..in Germany..

That gave me some pause to thing.

At least Pope John Paul apologized. But the whole thing went to heck after he died..and Christians chose an ex-nazi to be Pope.

:eusa_shifty:

Oh my God......"Christian Nazis". Never mind. Have a good day.

11 Things The Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway - 11Points.com

There shouldn't be a thread because HEY! It's the Bible and everybody knows it's just like the Pope.

/thread

The old laws are abolished.
We follow the new law through faith, that Jesus is real and that we still obey the moral and ethical laws and the ten commandments.

Galatians 3:23-25

English Standard Version (ESV)

23 Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Which means what, exactly?

Discrimination against homosexuals is no longer biblically justified, however subjective and irrelevant in the first place.

It's not discrimination.
It's is the Christians duty to try and get all sinners turned away from a sinful life that destroys you.
The old and new testament says that what you are doing is a sin.
Christians are trying to save your souls from torment. A place of darkness (where God's light does not shine) where you will be crying because you did no turn away from a sinful life.
You will be in a place where you will be angry, in pain and furious with yourself that you did not believe in God or Jesus.
When you find out that God and Jesus are real, then it's too late.
If you believe in Jesus he says you will have everlasting life.

Paul brings these things together in one powerful statement: "Do not be deceived! Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God" (1 Cor. 6:9-11). You see: no special treatment for the homosexual, no concession to any type of sin, but a gospel with such power that members of the early church who had been enslaved to all of these types of sin were delivered from them. Some of them were homosexuals before. But they were no longer such after they were liberated by the Lord Jesus. It is our conviction as Christians that this is still true today.

Read the Bible and you'll learn why.. she either doesn't know the Bible herself or shes simply being disingenuous.

That's not an answer. I have read the Bible, or at least much of it.

If you read and understood the bible then you wouldn't need an answer, but I think someone has already addressed your question anyway. :cool:

Circular logic is not your friend. You can either defend your position or you can't. "If you read it, you'd understand," is not an argument. Marxists would say the same thing. "I don't need to explain it to you. If you just read it, you'd understand Marxism, and why we should junk capitalism and all religion. End of discussion."

Fail.

Who is it 'helping' exactly? Too funny... :lol:

Who is this thread helping? Everyone. It helps to lighten up. It helps us all to not take every thread seriously.

Do you feel harmed by this thread? If so, why?

You mistake me for a fool sky, not very 'nice' of you. It wasn't meant to be 'light' or 'funny' but whatever makes you happy dear. ;)

Not sure how you can make that judgement...

Humor can be a smooth vehicle to better understanding and lighter hearts.

Who is it 'helping' exactly? Too funny... :lol:

Who is this thread helping? Everyone. It helps to lighten up. It helps us all to not take every thread seriously.

You mistake me for a fool sky, not very 'nice' of you. It wasn't meant to be 'light' or 'funny' but whatever makes you happy dear. ;)

Still waiting for why so called Christians say divorce is okay.

Not sure how Christians can spin away a divorce. It is pretty obvious what God's opinion is.

FTA:
Divorce. The Bible is very clear on this one: No divorcing. You can't do it. Because when you marry someone, according to Mark 10:8, you "are no longer two, but one flesh." And, Mark 10:9 reads, "What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

I'm still waiting to see an answer to this, rather than deflection.

But it's Monday, and I'll be here all week. Surely someone will say "Well, I've been married to the same person all along, and I should only be addressing my own issues."

Then I can point out that if nothing else, go with that. If you honestly believe you shouldn't be eating shellfish or a human of the same gender, AND you honor all the rest of it, that's a different discussion. But if you're cherry-picking Bible verses to foment bigotry, then you don't have a Biblical leg to stand on.

Been married for 32 years, have gone through thick and thin with my spouse, I believe that God is real and hates a divorcing, but I understand that some divorces are justified. I don't know if I am or am not a good Christian, I try but I, like everyone, have shortcomings. I think their are Bible principles that should never be broken and others that show the spirit of God's laws.
I don't believe God approves of homosexuality, yet, I leave it in God's hands in judging them. I have had very good friends that talked openly about my views and although I don't agree with their point of view, it is between them and their God, just as my actions are between myself and my God.

Christianity permits divorce, but that doesn't make it "okay". Many Christians are divorced because Christians aren't perfect.

Christianity permits divorce, but that doesn't make it "okay". Many Christians are divorced because Christians aren't perfect.

It isn't only Christians who aren't perfect. Humans aren't perfect.

Yes, honey. When those are the only tools in your arsenal, by all means, keep pointing and laughing.

I'd still like to know if you'd be able to keep up the snit-n-snark fest in the middle of a praise & worship service.

Are you judging me? :eek: have I done something I should be ashamed of? I think my fellow church goers would be proud to know that a lie was exposed... ;)

So you're saying you attend a church full of judgmental hypocrites?

See, I could never behave badly in praise & worship. Maybe they'd be proud of you - but I could never maintain a good head of steam in the presence of Christ.

You wanna tell me what 'bad behavior' is being shown here other than yours? So by your definition of a 'good little christian' we should keep our mouths shut when we see scripture being abused and if we don't then we're 'judgmental'? Is that your implication here? You're the pot calling the kettle black dear.. you're one of the most judgmental people on the board from my point of view so guess that makes us even... ;)

I'm glad you think so. You're so deadly serious about yourself. I would hate to miss an opportunity to remind you to lighten up.

What do you do for fun?

Well I don't get my jollies from disrespecting others and their beliefs... sorry but I don't see that as 'fun' the way you and your friends apparently do.

Oh, sure ya do! You fell back on "pointing and laughing" the minute that "THUS SAITH THE LORD!" didn't work on our heathen asses.

By the way; when your fellow attenders think you showed us a thing or two, by golly!!! - any of 'em on their second, third or fourth marriage?

Seriously Betty... the entire purpose of this thread was to 'show those nasty Christians a thing or two'.. :lol:

Not sure how Christians can spin away a divorce. It is pretty obvious what God's opinion is.

FTA:

But it's Monday, and I'll be here all week. Surely someone will say "Well, I've been married to the same person all along, and I should only be addressing my own issues."

Then I can point out that if nothing else, go with that. If you honestly believe you shouldn't be eating shellfish or a human of the same gender, AND you honor all the rest of it, that's a different discussion. But if you're cherry-picking Bible verses to foment bigotry, then you don't have a Biblical leg to stand on.

Been married for 32 years, have gone through thick and thin with my spouse, I believe that God is real and hates a divorcing, but I understand that some divorces are justified. I don't know if I am or am not a good Christian, I try but I, like everyone, have shortcomings. I think their are Bible principles that should never be broken and others that show the spirit of God's laws.
I don't believe God approves of homosexuality, yet, I leave it in God's hands in judging them. I have had very good friends that talked openly about my views and although I don't agree with their point of view, it is between them and their God, just as my actions are between myself and my God.

August 1st I will have been married 17 years.

He's been living with another woman for the last four of them. I didn't divorce because a) I didn't scramble these eggs, b) it costs money *see a* and c) it's against my religion.

Four years later, I'm hearing Pastor Dave in my head. "You think God doesn't know you're divorced? You think he needs to see that little piece of paper before he says 'Oh yeah; that is one dead marriage.'"

The point being, if you are going to find some Bible bans (in the Old Testament) silly, you should also find the ban against homosexuality silly. If eating bacon is normal, so is same sex marriage.
OK. Is eating bacon normal? Lobster and shrimp?

Dude, my peanut butter and honey sandwich is looking pretty damn sad by comparison.

That's probably because the major problem with Christians is they prostelytize and feel that other people have to live by their morals and laws. It's not just Christians that do that by the way..but they are the largest religion in this country.

That..and they do their damndest to get these things into the laws of the land.

Perhaps you'd be happier living in some other country. Where would you like to live?

The place I was born.

NYC.

You see..the Constitution of the United States protects citizens against theocracy.

That's the way I like it.

You might have a point if there was anyone on here who wanted a theocracy.. oh the drama... :lol:

August 1st I will have been married 17 years.

He's been living with another woman for the last four of them. I didn't divorce because a) I didn't scramble these eggs, b) it costs money *see a* and c) it's against my religion.

Four years later, I'm hearing Pastor Dave in my head. "You think God doesn't know you're divorced? You think he needs to see that little piece of paper before he says 'Oh yeah; that is one dead marriage.'"

Have you ever considered seeing a professional instead of airing your dirty laundry on a public political forum?

I don't believe I ever said it was 'okay' in the first place...

That's not an answer. I have read the Bible, or at least much of it.

If you read and understood the bible then you wouldn't need an answer, but I think someone has already addressed your question anyway. :cool:

Circular logic is not your friend. You can either defend your position or you can't. "If you read it, you'd understand," is not an argument. Marxists would say the same thing. "I don't need to explain it to you. If you just read it, you'd understand Marxism, and why we should junk capitalism and all religion. End of discussion."

Fail.
Not sure where you see circular logic? There is nothing to defend, Christ was pretty clear on the topic and if you read the Bible you would know this.

How Christ Fulfilled and Ended the Old Testament Regime - Desiring God

FTA:

I feel the same way... yet a Christian church is not going to advocate for something it believes is a sin. If you don't agree with the church then you find a new one. But if the church is not following scripture then what exactly are their beliefs based on?

I don't believe I ever said it was 'okay' in the first place...

But the church did. All over the place. Everywhere they took a stand against gay marriage, but not one against divorce.

And divorce does a helluva lot more damage than gay marriage does.

Forum List

Back