11 things the Bible bans, but you do anyway

:lol: you never disappoint sky...

I'm glad you think so. You're so deadly serious about yourself. I would hate to miss an opportunity to remind you to lighten up.

What do you do for fun?

Well I don't get my jollies from disrespecting others and their beliefs... sorry but I don't see that as 'fun' the way you and your friends apparently do.

Your entire faith is not being attacked. We are looking at some outdated rules in the Bible, which are kind of cute. 11 of them. That's it. Not the entire Bible, not the entire Christian faith, 11 outdated rules.

No one follows them. How is laughing about the round hair cut trip a threat to you personally or your entire religious tradition?

Last edited:
Yeah that sounds like the intent was to be 'funny'.. don't worry I'm sure most are fooloish enough to buy your bs.. ;)

The intent was a light heart. Why not just have fun with us. No one is disrespecting you.

Do you worry about tatoos and round haircuts because the Bible condemns them?
Y
Surely not.

8,000,000 kids have left the church. She haz a sad because she's going to stay and fight - but she's lonely.

I'm sure you're proud of that number if its true.. that's your goal after all.. ;) hence my point about your 'funny' thread is pretty on target isn't it? :lol:

The intent was a light heart. Why not just have fun with us. No one is disrespecting you.

Do you worry about tatoos and round haircuts because the Bible condemns them?
Y
Surely not.

8,000,000 kids have left the church. She haz a sad because she's going to stay and fight - but she's lonely.

I'm sure you're proud of that number if its true.. that's your goal after all.. ;) hence my point about your 'funny' thread is pretty on target isn't it? :lol:

Nope. I can multi-task. Your presence just made it painfully obvious why they are leaving.

I'm glad you think so. You're so deadly serious about yourself. I would hate to miss an opportunity to remind you to lighten up.

What do you do for fun?
Well I don't get my jollies from disrespecting others and their beliefs... sorry but I don't see that as 'fun' the way you and your friends apparently do.

Oh, sure ya do! You fell back on "pointing and laughing" the minute that "THUS SAITH THE LORD!" didn't work on our heathen asses.

By the way; when your fellow attenders think you showed us a thing or two, by golly!!! - any of 'em on their second, third or fourth marriage?

Careful dear your bitterness is showing... :eusa_shhh:

Newby--

Let's not get off topic. How about having a laugh about the no Moe, Larry or Curly haircuts?

Can't we just take the 11 silly points and have a nyuk nyuk about them?

Go see the Three Stooges. Larry David as Sister Mary Mengele is hysterical.

I'm here in my leisure time to have fun. How about you?

Oh, sure ya do! You fell back on "pointing and laughing" the minute that "THUS SAITH THE LORD!" didn't work on our heathen asses.

By the way; when your fellow attenders think you showed us a thing or two, by golly!!! - any of 'em on their second, third or fourth marriage?

Careful dear your bitterness is showing... :eusa_shhh:

You suck at deflecting.

"Any of 'em on their second, third or fourth marriage?"

Nope. I can multi-task. Your presence just made it painfully obvious why they are leaving.

Now there is the Betty I know and love.. your true colors are now showing and I didn't even have to put in much effort.. have a nice day yourself dear... ;)

Its always easy to poke fun at us christians isn't it?

Is there a reason you're trying to cut me out from the flock, home skillet?

Funny you should call me that... its my nickname because I do the cooking at offroading functions :lol:

Making fun of christianity is a sport to liberals and I find it to be stupid.

But we do make for an easy target...as in we wont kill you for it, so carry on.

That's probably because the major problem with Christians is they prostelytize and feel that other people have to live by their morals and laws. It's not just Christians that do that by the way..but they are the largest religion in this country.

That..and they do their damndest to get these things into the laws of the land.

In response to the latest gay-bashing vote in North Carolina, evangelical writer and speaker Rachel Held Evans wrote an impassioned plea to her fellow Christians to just cut it out. She points to statistics showing how much damage the church has sustained because of its anti-gay crusade. Research conducted by the pro-Christian Barna Group in 2007 on Americans age 16-29 found that “anti-homosexual” was the dominant perception of modern Christians. Ninety-one percent of non-Christians and 80 percent of Christians in this group used this word to describe Christians.

She also points to research documented in the book You Lost Me by David Kinnaman showing that 59 percent of teenagers who grow up as church-going Christians abandon their faith in adulthood. One of the major reasons is the gay rights issue. Overall, the perception--a largely correct one, I’d add--is that modern conservative Christianity is dominated by sex-phobic bigots who use God as a cudgel to beat all sorts of people, but especially gays and lesbians. No wonder many in the younger generation want out.

How the Christian Right's Homophobia Scares Away Religious Young People | | AlterNet

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/You-Lost-Me-David-Kinnaman/dp/1610450078]Amazon.com: You Lost Me (9781610450072): David Kinnaman, Tom Parks: Books[/ame]

From the Back Cover

Is the church losing the next generation?

Millions of young Christians are disconnecting from church as they transition into adulthood. They're real people, not just statistics. And each one has a story to tell.

"I knew from church that I couldn't believe in both science and God, so that was it. I didn't believe in God anymore."--Mike

"When I write a song that's not used in a way that every Christian agrees on, I get hammered. What am I supposed to be using my talents for?"--Sam

"I felt like I had been punched in the stomach . . . I remember thinking on the way home, My non-Christian friends would never do that to me."--Sarah

"It just feels like the church's teaching on sexuality is behind the times."--Dennis

Now the bestselling coauthor of unChristian reveals the long-awaited results of a new nationwide study of 18- to 29-year-olds with a Christian background. Discover why so many are disengaging from the faith community, renew your hope for how God is at work in the next generation--and find out how you can join in.

Nobody's "true colors" show on a silly thread. Our true colors show when one of our community is in the hospital.

Wishing Ollie well.

Life is too short to get all hot and bothered about round haircuts.

Let's have fun, and go home if we're not having fun.

Last edited:
Is there a reason you're trying to cut me out from the flock, home skillet?

Funny you should call me that... its my nickname because I do the cooking at offroading functions :lol:

That's probably because the major problem with Christians is they prostelytize and feel that other people have to live by their morals and laws. It's not just Christians that do that by the way..but they are the largest religion in this country.

Perhaps you'd be happier living in some other country. Where would you like to live?

Perhaps you'd be happier living in some other country. Where would you like to live?

The place I was born.

NYC.

You see..the Constitution of the United States protects citizens against theocracy.

That's the way I like it.

Liberals bitterly cling to their Darwin bumper sticker and NY Times.

Both of which does no harm.

Unless you count paper cuts.

Neither does owning a bible and a gun, two rights which are protected by the US Constitution and two rights this President finds objectionable. How about you?

Well I beg to differ..

There are some good Christians mowing down unarmed protestors in the 70s..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhUwizH-so4]Greensboro Massacre Video (French News Report) - YouTube[/ame]

The President hasn't done a thing against gun ownership or bibles.

However..you guys hold that people of other religions do not have the right to worship.

And I completely disagree with the President..and Conservatives..about gun rights.

The place I was born.

NYC.

You see..the Constitution of the United States protects citizens against theocracy.

I see. Have you suffered from Christophobia long?

The place I was born.

NYC.

I see. Have you suffered from Christophobia long?

Hmm..

After doing some studying about how Christians treated Jews through out the ages..especially the Christan Nazis..in Germany..

That gave me some pause to thing.

At least Pope John Paul apologized. But the whole thing went to heck after he died..and Christians chose an ex-nazi to be Pope.

:eusa_shifty:

Both of which does no harm.

Unless you count paper cuts.

Neither does owning a bible and a gun, two rights which are protected by the US Constitution and two rights this President finds objectionable. How about you?

Well I beg to differ..

There are some good Christians mowing down unarmed protestors in the 70s..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhUwizH-so4]Greensboro Massacre Video (French News Report) - YouTube[/ame]

The President hasn't done a thing against gun ownership or bibles.

However..you guys hold that people of other religions do not have the right to worship.

And I completely disagree with the President..and Conservatives..about gun rights.

Now tell us how that video fits into New Testament. I never said any religion doesn't have the right to worship. You're painting with a very big brush.

Forum List

Back