11 things the Bible bans, but you do anyway

then stop relying on leviticus to justify discrimination. :thup:

otherwise, better dump the bacon.

Preference is not discrimmination. If people want to reject the traditional way of doing things, there is no reason for the rest of us to "support" their choice. If they want to be rebels and martyrs, let them, but lets make it heroic, no pretend marriages for them to "force" the rest of us to ACCEPT what they are flaunting.

Seriously, spare the lessons, spoil the child. What is next? When a child graduates college and throws a tantrum, we have to make them CEOs because they waaaaant it????

Preference is not discrimination? The heck it isn't! Affirmative Action is all about preference and it is the epitome of discrimination.

Immie

I stand corrected. I was referring to preference for a mate. It does not mean you "hate" those you do not choose, just that you have a "preference", a choice.

Jesus did not call JEWS vipers you antisemitic, racist loon. He WAS a Jew.

Only one place in the Bible is Jesus called a Jew, and that was by an ignorant woman who didn't know Jesus. Now, you shithead, call Jesus a Jew, and you are ignorant.

You lost me here, wasn't Jesus under the lineage of David? Wasn't David a Jew? I never knew that him being Jewish was ever in question.

You lost me here, wasn't Jesus under the lineage of David? Wasn't David a Jew? I never knew that him being Jewish was ever in question.

No, Jesus's line isn't in question. David isn't called a Jew by the Bible, either.

You must have missed this:

"33 “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.

37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’[c]”

Unless you're implying he's talking about some other "Jerusalem"....who will flog prophets, sages and teachers in their synagogues.

link

http://www.usmessageboard.com/5393859-post254.html

:eusa_eh:

No, Jesus's line isn't in question. David isn't called a Jew by the Bible, either.

Hey stupid..................Jesus was called "King of the Jews" while He was being crucified.

Are you really that stupid?

11 Things The Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway - 11Points.com

So I thought it'd be a good time to find a bunch of stuff that the Bible bans... stuff that's a lot LESS convenient. Don't worry, though... just because I'm pointing it out, that doesn't mean you now have to follow it. It's a lot easier to keep discriminating against gay people for no particular reason than to stop eating bacon, after all.

Here are 11 things that are technically banned by the Bible. (All quotes are translations from the New American Standard Bible, but, because I'm actually trying to maintain serious journalistic integrity here, I cross-referenced several other translations to make sure I wasn't missing the point.)

There shouldn't be a thread because HEY! It's the Bible and everybody knows it's just like the Pope.

/thread

I like to bash queers while I eat bacon.

Forum List

Back