Why are gay activists "bigoted haters" ?

garyganu

May 4, 2012
Gay activists are some of the most intolerant, hateful people that I have ever seen.

Nobody is promoting discrimination against gays, yet the gay activists are calling for hatred against those who oppose re-defining marriage.

The words hate, bigotry and intolerance are mainstays of the gay activists' arsenal against anyone who disagrees with the gay agenda, yet they seem to be the intolerant, bigoted and hateful ones.

Last edited:
Actually some groups call for discrimination against gays in their opposition to civil marriage equality.

We can certainly take the "hate" word off the table. It's not hate motivated. IMO, what comes more often is ignorance and fear. What I mean by that, is those who oppose marriage equality do so out of "fear" of their religion somehow being harmed by gays and lesbians being able to civilly marry. Also, when I use the word, "ignorance", I mean that some folks do not know any gay or lesbian couples or families and they don't know how boring and ordinary our lives really are.

They know only of some of the most extreme images of people in Gay Pride Parades.

Last edited:
Actually some groups call for discrimination against gays in their opposition to civil marriage equality.

We can certainly take the "hate" word off the table. It's not hate motivated.

Gay activists promote the word hate. They constantly use the symbol "H8" when referring to those opposed to redlining the word marriage. I do not know of any other group that constantly calls good people haters.

I do not know of any mainstream group that calls for discrimination against homosexuals.

Last edited:

We can certainly take the "hate" word off the table. It's not hate motivated. IMO, what comes more often is ignorance and fear. What I mean by that, is those who oppose marriage equality do so out of "fear" of their religion somehow being harmed by gays and lesbians being able to civilly marry. Also, when I use the word, "ignorance", I mean that some folks do not know any gay or lesbian couples or families and they don't know how boring and ordinary our lives really are.

They know only of some of the most extreme images of people in Gay Pride Parades.

Pretty stupid and ignorant.

I have many gay friends (I don't separate gay and lesbian), none of them are activists. I like my gay friends, I don't like gay activists. If you're gay, be gay and shut up about it.

I have many gay friends (I don't separate gay and lesbian), none of them are activists. I like my gay friends, I don't like gay activists. If you're gay, be gay and shut up about it.

if it wasn't for gay activists, your gay friends would still have to be closeted.

do you 'shut up' about your mate? your family? the people you date(d)?

if it wasn't for gay activists, your gay friends would still have to be closeted.

jillian, Do you think that it is OK for gay activists to call people "haters" and "bigots" just because those people oppose the redefinition of marriage?

What it gets down to for me, is not announcing, "I'm here, I'm queer", but it comes out when you're getting to know someone and they assume you're heterosexual.

No one wants to lie. And especially if having a long term relationship is something that is important and meaningful to your life.

Nobody is promoting discrimination against gays, yet the gay activists are calling for hatred against those who oppose re-defining marriage.

Never heard of anybody ever promoting discrimination against happy people... :eusa_eh:

I disagree. It is the gay activists who have caused a backlash against the gay community.

Yes, I do. I don't go around shoving my wedded bliss to my single friends' faces. I don't look at my gay friends and remind them every day that I'm not gay.

Last edited:

I disagree. It is the gay activists who have caused a backlash against the gay community. I don't have to say that to my gay friends, they live it.

I agree, the gay activists are some of the most intolerant, hateful, bigoted people that I have ever seen.

I disagree. It is the gay activists who have caused a backlash against the gay community. I don't have to say that to my gay friends, they live it.

I agree, the gay activists are some of the most intolerant, hateful, bigoted people that I have ever seen.

Do you call "asssertiveness" intolerant, hateful or bigoted? Do you call feeling as though you are just as worthy a human being as any other "intolerant, hateful or bigoted"?

Is living the truth of your life openly, "intolerant, hateful or bigoted"?

Do you call "asssertiveness" intolerant, hateful or bigoted? Do you call feeling as though you are just as worthy a human being as any other "intolerant, hateful or bigoted"?

Gay activists harass, intimidate and threaten those opposed to redefining marriage. Many good people have lost their businesses and careers due to harassment from gay activists just because they supported Prop-8 in California. Many other good people were intimidated and bullied into silence. Gay activists are bullies.

Last edited:
The fact this thread exists shows how desperate you're getting. I don't really think I can take you or those like you (you know who you are) seriously anymore.

I'll leave you to wallow in your own delusion now.

Last edited:

I disagree. It is the gay activists who have caused a backlash against the gay community.

Yes, I do. I don't go around shoving my wedded bliss to my single friends' faces. I don't look at my gay friends and remind them every day that I'm not gay.

It's true that I have a couple of single friends who envy my marriage and happen to be heterosexual.

But they do so in a good way. They are genuinely happy for us and they wish they had a happy relationship with a person of the opposite sex.

Even where my wife works, at the county, everyone knows I'm her wife and they are open and accepting of me.

Gay activists harass, intimidate and threaten those opposed to redefining marriage. Many good people have lost their businesses and careers due to harassment from gay activists just because they supported Prop-8 in California. Many other good people were intimidated and bullied into silence. Gay activists are bullies.

I'm sorry you feel this way. If you were slightly interested in a less prejudiced position toward gays and lesbians, I'd continue to talk with you.

I'm sorry but you sound a bit like like a broken record.

The fact this thread exists shows how desperate your getting. I don't really think I can take you or those like you (you know who you are) seriously anymore.

I'll leave you to wallow in your own delusion now.

Cenotaph, Please don't leave. I have enjoyed reading your thoughtful comments on other threads.

Please back up your thoughts in an informative, thoughtful and civil manner as you usually do. I would like to read your opposing views.

What it gets down to for me, is not announcing, "I'm here, I'm queer", but it comes out when you're getting to know someone and they assume you're heterosexual.

No one wants to lie. And especially if having a long term relationship is something that is important and meaningful to your life.

Does it come up in casual conversation? I don't recall the last time i met someone and wondered if they were gay. I also can't tell you if I've ever had to pronounce my sexual orientation in casual conversation, ever.

Forum List

Back