You were never slaves in Egypt

Sorry they are all borrowed and predate Abraham by a thousand years years. The Jews may have learned them during their exile in Babylon.

Look retarda, how many times do we have to tell you Ha'Aretz is a self-hating Jewish publication?
I would describe that silly rag as very purposely
provocative------like a strung out grubby 1960's
crab infected dropout

I would describe that silly rag as very purposely
provocative------like a strung out grubby 1960's
crab infected dropout

really -

1657143330405.png

does make sense a jew would would find provocative a similar time period to the dark days of their past. than their contemporary land garbing, militant presence.

For you were (not) slaves in Egypt: The ancient memories behind the Exodus myth this is an interesting article about the historicity of the Passover. I can't cut and paste from my tablet, but would welcome some help.
Historians don't deal in certainties. They deal in probabilities. It is probable that something did occur. Is it exactly as described? Probably not. Does it change anything material? No. But to understand that you would have to understand what the message was that the author was intending to convey. Do you?

It talks of freedom in Yeshua.
There’s no Yeshua in the Hebrew Bible. There’s no mention of Yeshua in any of our prayers or services. There’s no Yeshua associated with any of our holidays.

And there are reasons I know that Jesus wasn’t the Messiah, as the requirements were not met, but I won’t lay them out for you because I, unlike you, do not want to be disrespectful of others‘ beliefs.

There’s no Yeshua in the Hebrew Bible. There’s no mention of Yeshua in any of our prayers or services. There’s no Yeshua associated with any of our holidays.

And there are reasons I know that Jesus wasn’t the Messiah, as the requirements were not met, but I won’t lay them out for you because I, unlike you, do not want to be disrespectful of others‘ beliefs.
I think the sticking point with some in the Jewish community was that Jesus was here to offer salvation to Gentiles as well as Jews.
They felt that they were the chosen people and that only they could enter the kingdom of God.
Jesus' teachings were too much in opposition to that.
To think that a Roman might enter the kingdom before a Jew just didn't sit well with some...especially back during the Roman Occupation of Judea.

I think the sticking point with some in the Jewish community was that Jesus was here to offer salvation to Gentiles as well as Jews.
They felt that they were the chosen people and that only they could enter the kingdom of God.
Jesus' teachings were too much in opposition to that.
To think that a Roman might enter the kingdom before a Jew just didn't sit well with some...especially back during the Roman Occupation of Judea.
That’s not true. Jews have always been taught that Jews and Gentiles BOTH could enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Your comment reflects falsehoods told about Jewish people that lead to hostility against them.

In fact, it’s the opposite. Christians are arguing that only Christians can get to Heaven, and Jews will not - unless they convert. Jews, otoh, believe everyone who leads a good life has a path to G-d.

I am glad I was able to correct you on your misunderstanding.

Historians don't deal in certainties. They deal in probabilities. It is probable that something did occur. Is it exactly as described? Probably not. Does it change anything material? No. But to understand that you would have to understand what the message was that the author was intending to convey. Do you?

Any time there was drought in Canaan people walked to the Nile Delta. ... and they walked home again. Sinai and Canaan were controlled by Egypt in those times. Canaanite towns paid tribute to Pharaoh and we're protected by Egyptian garrisons.

The account is about the victims heroic survival. I think this continuous persecution narrative is an identity thing. Maybe it's the glue that holds them together.

That’s not true. Jews have always been taught that Jews and Gentiles BOTH could enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Your comment reflects falsehoods told about Jewish people that lead to hostility against them.

In fact, it’s the opposite. Christians are arguing that only Christians can get to Heaven, and Jews will not - unless they convert. Jews, otoh, believe everyone who leads a good life has a path to G-d.

I am glad I was able to correct you on your misunderstanding.
Not really. You didn't correct me. All you did was project your sins onto me.
We can both agree, can't we, that some people never really follow the rules set up in their own religions?
There can be bad Christians and bad Jews.

Not really. You didn't correct me. All you did was project your sins onto me.
We can both agree, can't we, that some people never really follow the rules set up in their own religions?
There can be bad Christians and bad Jews.
What sins are you claiming I have?

Any time there was drought in Canaan people walked to the Nile Delta. ... and they walked home again. Sinai and Canaan were controlled by Egypt in those times. Canaanite towns paid tribute to Pharaoh and we're protected by Egyptian garrisons.

The account is about the victims heroic survival. I think this continuous persecution narrative is an identity thing. Maybe it's the glue that holds them together.
The account is about monotheism.

That's where you are wrong, You are under bondage to the Law, trying to get to Heaven by good works. You will never see Heaven because G-d Himself would say "depart from me I never KNEW you" Heaven is not about what you know, it's WHO you, or rather who knows you.

Forum List

Back