You want to know the real reason people don't want to be liberals?

Jesus was a liberal
Jesus was a conservative, aka classical liberal. Modern liberals have bastardized the term liberal.

Modern liberals left the classical liberals behind because the classic liberal agenda became obsolete.

Which also explains why classical liberalism is now essentially conservatism.
This explains the authoritarian view to a tee. In the authoritarian opinion ideals like liberty, property, and justice, which used to limit the power of government, have become obsolete ideals. In the authoritarian view we need to evolve to a society of people governed by tyranny of the majority.

Given that authoritarians have taken over both parties... we have a country divided trying to decide which group gets to screw over the other group.

They became obsolete ideas during the industrial revolution when it became clear that capitalism left to its own devices, its own 'liberty' if you wish,

was a force far more evil than a democratic government used to rein it in.

The problem with democrats is similar to the problem with islam... there is a vast shortage of those willing to eschew the radicals of their group.

I am a registered democrat and I think Joe is a hateful piece of human excrement. I hope I eschewed that one hard enough.

I do agree that here is often a shortage of those willing to criticize the radicals, though, and I would even go so far as to state that opinions presented on messageboards can give the impression that "liberals" are just a bunch of anti-American leftists like we too often see here, but that is just because the internet tends to bring out the extreme instead of the more intelligent and moderate.

Since you brought up Islam, though, I tend to use the reaction to it as the barometer for establishing who is and who isn't applying liberal political principles to their world view. True liberals see Islam for what it is -- a profoundly conservative ideology that stands in diametrical opposition to just about every liberal principle imaginable. A leftist, on the other hand, sees it as their prime directive to defend Islam because they see all their little mates doing so and because the enemy of their enemy is their friend -- their enemy in this case being Western civilization.

Cool definitions. Now.....name the leftists here. I don't think we have any that fit your description.

Jesus was a liberal
Jesus was a conservative, aka classical liberal. Modern liberals have bastardized the term liberal.
If Jesus was a conservative, he was a classical conservative, NOT what passes for conservatism today. The Tea Party and their sympathizers are the ones that have bastardized political discourse.
I'm no expert on the guy, but I suspect Jesus would want to have absolutely nothing to do with the dishonesty, narcissism and nastiness exhibited by either major party today.

Jesus was a liberal
If Jesus was a conservative, he was a classical conservative, NOT what passes for conservatism today. The Tea Party and their sympathizers are the ones that have bastardized political discourse.
I'm no expert on the guy, but I suspect Jesus would want to have absolutely nothing to do with the dishonesty, narcissism and nastiness exhibited by either major party today.

Yeah......Jesus would be JUST LIKE YOU! He'd think both parties are equally dishonest, equally narcissistic and equally nasty. Sure thing.

Last edited:
I don't care about what the real reasons are because they aren't important...
This is some of the best liberal reasoning I've seen yet. "Fuck the facts. We have an agenda to uphold."

I do notice that you didn't address my entire point.

We do not hae a problem with the Islamic World because their belief in Imaginary Sky Pixies is somehow worse than YOUR belief in Imaginary Sky Pixies, which is what you were passing off as the "real" reason.

We have a problem with the Islamic world because we keep sticking our dicks into their business.

Jesus was a liberal

Yeah......Jesus would be JUST LIKE YOU! He'd think both parties are equally dishonest, equally narcissistic and equally nasty. Sure thing.

And he'd be totally against the PC Police.

I am a registered democrat and I think Joe is a hateful piece of human excrement. I hope I eschewed that one hard enough.

Yes, we all know i've bitchslapped you enough times you feel like Ray Rice's wife.

Since you brought up Islam, though, I tend to use the reaction to it as the barometer for establishing who is and who isn't applying liberal political principles to their world view. True liberals see Islam for what it is -- a profoundly conservative ideology that stands in diametrical opposition to just about every liberal principle imaginable. A leftist, on the other hand, sees it as their prime directive to defend Islam because they see all their little mates doing so and because the enemy of their enemy is their friend -- their enemy in this case being Western civilization.

Horseshit.

Our problem with the Islamic World is not that it "wants to destroy _______." (Freedom, Civilization, Jesus, whatever).

Our problem with the Islamic World is that since 1980, we have invaded, bombed or occupied 14 Islamic countries. We support Israel no matter what shitty things they get caught doing.

Or to use my favorite metaphor, our Middle East Policy is sticking our Dicks into a Hornet's Nest and then wondering why we get stung.

Both Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein are guys that the CIA told Ronald Reagan we could "Work with". they are both hornets that turned around and stung us.

conservatives don't believe in evolution
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
oooooh but i do !!

i also believe in retro-evolution, i have noticed many of you libercrats are starting to drag your knuckles again, and that slope head is a 100% proof your kind has gone backwards or you never caught up.., which is it ? :lmao:

Jesus was a liberal

Modern liberals left the classical liberals behind because the classic liberal agenda became obsolete.

Which also explains why classical liberalism is now essentially conservatism.
It is what conservatives just don't understand. That liberalism as well as society evolves

But then again, conservatives don't believe in evolution

One day society may evolve to accept incest and other strange behavior. Somethings aren't progress.

Good point

Now, what part of our current society would you like to take back?

Jesus was a liberal

Yes, Jesus was a conservative

He was known to go up to the poor and scream.....Get a JOB!

Bastardized it by advocating fiscal responsibility and smaller more efficient government? That sounds like blasphemy to you?

They became obsolete ideas during the industrial revolution when it became clear that capitalism left to its own devices, its own 'liberty' if you wish,

was a force far more evil than a democratic government used to rein it in.
You're clueless. The industrial barons weren't left to their own, they were in bed with government. Government left to its' own is is evil and the world is full of examples. It starts by brainwashing the masses.

All of the founding fathers were liberals

Conservatives remained loyal to the crown

Most of the founding fathers were classical liberals who held the exact same politics that the libertarian party holds today. Classical conservatives were democrats of the day, and they remained loyal to the crown. Even today these democrats remain loyal to the government crown, aka. the imperial democrat emperor, aka. their god the POTUS Obama.

Label arguments are so prosaic, liberal, classical liberal, commie, conservative, etc. - most are nothing but efforts to protect the personal ideology of the writer, used as a pejorative, or a writer parroting some banal editorial on the radio, tv or in print. None are defined and even if they were the beliefs and actions of the past do not comport directly with their meaning in the 21st Century.
They are defined and the the beliefs and actions of the past most certainly do comport directly with their meaning today.

Cool, define them, and give examples.
Declaration of independence..., Constitution, many writings of the formers. Pick up a book vs reading authoritarian propaganda.

Most of which was formed by their study of the liberal paradigm, and the following quote best summarizes their view as well as that of the vast majority of contemporary liberals and progressives, diametrically opposed to the ethos of contemporary libertarians and callous conservatives, for want of a better and longer definition:

"Where did the treatment of the self-interested pursuit of wealth as a virtue come from? Influential books that idealize self-interest and have had a significant influence on political activism since the 1980s include Ayn Rand’s “The Virtue of Selfishness”, “Capitalism: the Unknown Ideal”, and “Atlas Shrugged”, George Gilder’s “Wealth and Poverty”, and Michael Novak’s “The Spirit of Democratic Capitalism”. What is philosophically significant about the treatment of the pursuit of self-interest as a virtue is that it turns Thrasymachus’ position on its head. While Plato was resistant to Thrasymachus’ claim that the few either do or should call all the shots, many American activists believe passionately that this is morally good. Let all good citizens be clear: the treatment of self-interest as a virtue is a radical departure from the Western as well as American tradition, and no mainstream political philosopher suggests that seeking one’s self-interest is a moral virtue. There is a significant difference between praising hard work and effort, on the one hand, and praising the self-interested pursuit of profit, on the other. Anyone who does not understand the difference has no business being involved in public policy debates."

Emphasis added.

Link to full article:

The Breakdown of the Classical Liberal Paradigm in the Age of Globalization Practical Philosophy

As an undergrad my major was political philosophy, your suggestion that I read only the aforementioned documents and not their antecedents is telling. Start with the Magna Carta, and work your way up through five centuries of political thought and maybe then you will have some business being involved in public policy discussions.

Start here:

Featured Document The Magna Carta

Last edited:
I don't care about what the real reasons are because they aren't important...
This is some of the best liberal reasoning I've seen yet. "Fuck the facts. We have an agenda to uphold."

I do notice that you didn't address my entire point.

We do not hae a problem with the Islamic World because their belief in Imaginary Sky Pixies is somehow worse than YOUR belief in Imaginary Sky Pixies, which is what you were passing off as the "real" reason.

We have a problem with the Islamic world because we keep sticking our dicks into their business.
Did I mention that I don't believe in any "Imaginary Sky Pixies"? I think I did. A few times. Are you illiterate? Is that why you refuse to acknowledge the remedial reading I assigned to you?
I've given you the real reasons. I see no point in discussing the topic with you further until you know as much as the average ten year old and can defend your position without changing the subject or yelling "RACIST!!!" As it stands, you literally have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. All you've demonstrated is a working knowledge of Democratic talking points. That's it.

Jesus was a liberal

You funny

Classical liberal is a term invented by Conservatives to defend how clueless they have been throughout history
Liberal is a term Progressives switched to when North Korea started calling brainwashed POWs Progressives.

As Liberals are more and more seen as asswipes, they will change their name again.

America has forgotten Korea, and Progressive is coming back.

I'll take that answer as agreement that you meant "your liberal views" are the correct modern liberal views.

As for your accusation that libertarian-ism is entirely unconcerned with social justice.. ROFL you're a funny little person aren't you.

It's almost fun watching the true believers, some times. You have joined team "libertarian" as a product of your acting out against Mommy and Daddy now that you are a big boy of 19, and burn with that religious zeal for your brand new cause. You visit Lew Rockwell dot com, learn all the jingo, and voila! You don't need to learn anything further!

Rather than spending even so much as a nanosecond attempting to understand what has actually been written, learning to understand the basis for an ideology or much else for that matter, all you are capable of is this flailing away against a label much as would the bull against the red flag. It's team libertarian or bust for you kids.
I'm 50+. I decided to be "libertarian" because I agree, 99%, with the libertarian party planks.

As for you, you're just a moron.

Just as dumb as being a pure social liberal. Killing the entire public sector of this country is just plain nuts.
Who's killing the entire public sector?
BBBBOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHH!!!!

Jesus was a liberal

You funny

Classical liberal is a term invented by Conservatives to defend how clueless they have been throughout history
So is that the new narrative?....
Liberalism is based on emotion. That's all.
When asked about a particular issue or event, Liberals begin every sentence with "I feel"...
You guys invented "you can't say that"..
You guys invented the rules of "that offends me. You can't do that"
You guys uphold the idea of freedom FROM religion...
Liberalism kowtows to the lowest common denominator.
Liberalism makes up its own self serving rules as it goes.
Liberalism will never do what's right. Only what it perceives as popular.
All of these things are BAD.....

Forum List

Back