You want to know the real reason people don't want to be liberals?

Jesus was a liberal
Jesus was a conservative, aka classical liberal. Modern liberals have bastardized the term liberal.

Modern liberals left the classical liberals behind because the classic liberal agenda became obsolete.

Which also explains why classical liberalism is now essentially conservatism.
It is what conservatives just don't understand. That liberalism as well as society evolves

But then again, conservatives don't believe in evolution
What a moronic thing to say, you must be a democrat.

All of the founding fathers were liberals

Conservatives remained loyal to the crown

Most of the founding fathers were classical liberals who held the exact same politics that the libertarian party holds today. Classical conservatives were democrats of the day, and they remained loyal to the crown. Even today these democrats remain loyal to the government crown, aka. the imperial democrat emperor, aka. their god the POTUS Obama.

The founding fathers would spit on today's Libertarians
You're a POS Liar.

Most people who use the adjective "true" when describing a group, usually mean "like me." It's akin to saying "the reality is" when you really mean "in my opinion."

As for why I don't like the political views of modern liberals... the leaders of said modern liberal movement are the worst people in America. That said a small minority of modern liberal show promise, in so far as they are willing to agree their leaders have no clothes on.

The "true", in this case referred to being true to the actual tenets of liberalism. Bill Maher, for instance, is a true liberal, for he remains true to liberal principles. The various practitioners of the leftist brand of political correctness born of identity politics are not evaluating he world according to liberal principles, but mere from a simplistic rewards/punishment system of conformist orthodoxy where they receive accolades from their little mates for saying one thing but condemnation for another. There is no actual ideology at work there, only group think.

The problem in perception here is that the words liberal and conservative are too often mistakenly applied to a person instead of an ideology.

The bible states, you don't work you don't eat. Liberals give benefits so people don't have to work. All for a vote. Which by the bible is a fast way to hell. Being liberal is more like being the devil.

Jesus was a liberal
Jesus was a conservative, aka classical liberal. Modern liberals have bastardized the term liberal.

Modern liberals left the classical liberals behind because the classic liberal agenda became obsolete.

Which also explains why classical liberalism is now essentially conservatism.
This explains the authoritarian view to a tee. In the authoritarian opinion ideals like liberty, property, and justice, which used to limit the power of government, have become obsolete ideals. In the authoritarian view we need to evolve to a society of people governed by tyranny of the majority.

Given that authoritarians have taken over both parties... we have a country divided trying to decide which group gets to screw over the other group.

It is kinda funny and consistent with the American conservative that they are totally useless except when it comes to pointing fingers. If we were all conservatives we'd still be living in caves assuming we got out of the trees. Day in day out right wing American conservative media blames anything at all on liberals, meanwhile the fox is stealing their country as they wallow in fear and self pity. My old question remains unanswered.And see their education in my signature.

Question for Conservatives

I have asked this question many times and have never received a substantive answer. Answers usually take the form of name changing or taking responsibility for something that isn't in the conservative playbook. I'll give a hint where I am coming from, I see American conservatives as people who look to a past that never was, who feel deep down a sense of loss or impending loss, someone somewhere is taking something that is rightfully theirs, and who feel if only they were granted more power all would be wonderful. This sense of the world for is a psychological mindset rather than something based in reality. This question applies to libertarians too with the difference, libertarians look to a future that never will be. So my question is, please tell me / us what a conservative or conservatism has accomplished that is good for the nation and all its people? Since most libertarians resemble conservatives you can give it try too. Please remember one thing, this is about 'conservatism' and not about other ideologies or political parties. Oppositional replies are irrelevant. Please stick to the topic question.

Of course then a second question haunts American civilization, what will the Conservative American do in the future.Here's one, block immigration reform in a land of immigrants. Too funny.

"....If conservatism is the ideology of freedom, how come they’re the ones who are always trying to take that freedom away from us, especially women and minorities? Why did they fight against the effort to end slavery, or to give women and minorities the vote, or to protect them from discrimination? Why are they still supporting efforts to disenfranchise minorities?" The Regressive Antidote - If Conservatism Is The Ideology of Freedom, I'm The Queen of England

Very few people understand that the "conserve" in conservatism refers to the desire to conserve social mores and institutions, and that one of the defining characteristics of liberalism is that it values social justice over social order.
You are conflating adjectives and nouns. Very few people understand the difference.

I am not conflating anything.

Unlike you, I have studied political science at the University level, however, so am in a position to understand some of the basic differences between the two ideologies.

You, like the vast majority of posters here see politics in terms of tribe. I understand it in terms of ideology. A hundred people who call themselves "liberal" can say something, but that does not make what they say liberal.

Most people who use the adjective "true" when describing a group, usually mean "like me." It's akin to saying "the reality is" when you really mean "in my opinion."

As for why I don't like the political views of modern liberals... the leaders of said modern liberal movement are the worst people in America. That said a small minority of modern liberal show promise, in so far as they are willing to agree their leaders have no clothes on.

The "true", in this case referred to being true to the actual tenets of liberalism. Bill Maher, for instance, is a true liberal, for he remains true to liberal principles. The various practitioners of the leftist brand of political correctness born of identity politics are not evaluating he world according to liberal principles, but mere from a simplistic rewards/punishment system of conformist orthodoxy where they receive accolades from their little mates for saying one thing but condemnation for another. There is no actual ideology at work there, only group think.

The problem in perception here is that the words liberal and conservative are too often mistakenly applied to a person instead of an ideology.
Which liberal principles? Your liberal principles as a democrat liberal? Or my liberal principles as a libertarian who is a classical liberal?

Last edited:

Most of the founding fathers were classical liberals who held the exact same politics that the libertarian party holds today. Classical conservatives were democrats of the day, and they remained loyal to the crown. Even today these democrats remain loyal to the government crown, aka. the imperial democrat emperor, aka. their god the POTUS Obama.

You're a POS Liar.

The founding fathers cared about "We the People"

Libertarians only care about themselves

Very few people understand that the "conserve" in conservatism refers to the desire to conserve social mores and institutions, and that one of the defining characteristics of liberalism is that it values social justice over social order.
You are conflating adjectives and nouns. Very few people understand the difference.

I am not conflating anything.

Unlike you, I have studied political science at the University level, however, so am in a position to understand some of the basic differences between the two ideologies.

You, like the vast majority of posters here see politics in terms of tribe. I understand it in terms of ideology. A hundred people who call themselves "liberal" can say something, but that does not make what they say liberal.
Wrong. Let me be more clear, since my post went over your head.
Some words can be both nouns and adjectives. For example, the term "conservative" can be used to describe an action. For example, taking a conservative route means taking a route that has less risk. As another example, the term "conservative" can be used to label a group of people. For example, a group of republicans who call themselves conservatives. In this example the group of conservatives may have a desire to take risky actions to preserve the union. You see, just because they call themselves a group of conservatives, does not mean they are a conservative group. It's just a label they gave themselves.

You're a POS Liar.

The founding fathers cared about "We the People"

Libertarians only care about themselves
Nonsense, ya lying POS.

Which liberal principles? Your're liberal principles as a democrat liberal? Or mine liberal principles as a libertarian who is a classical liberal?

Rather than simply gleaning buzz terms from your favorite libertarian websites in regards to this much imagined "classical liberal" meme, perhaps you could avail yourself to some actual books written by recognized authorities on the subject, instead.

I have already listed two for you, but I cannot teach you what you are unwilling to learn. Considering that the Ron Paul style of modern libertarianism is entirely unconcerned with social justice, I would say you have a lot of catching up to do.

Rather than simply gleaning buzz terms from your favorite libertarian websites in regards to this much imagined "classical liberal" meme, perhaps you could avail yourself to some actual books written by recognized authorities on the subject, instead.

I have already listed two for you, but I cannot teach you what you are unwilling to learn. Considering that the Ron Paul style of modern libertarianism is entirely unconcerned with social justice, I would say you have a lot of catching up to do.
I'll take that answer as agreement that you meant "your liberal views" are the correct modern liberal views.

As for your accusation that libertarian-ism is entirely unconcerned with social justice.. ROFL you're a funny little person aren't you.

I'll take that answer as agreement that you meant "your liberal views" are the correct modern liberal views.

As for your accusation that libertarian-ism is entirely unconcerned with social justice.. ROFL you're a funny little person aren't you.

It's almost fun watching the true believers, some times. You have joined team "libertarian" as a product of your acting out against Mommy and Daddy now that you are a big boy of 19, and burn with that religious zeal for your brand new cause. You visit Lew Rockwell dot com, learn all the jingo, and voila! You don't need to learn anything further!

Rather than spending even so much as a nanosecond attempting to understand what has actually been written, learning to understand the basis for an ideology or much else for that matter, all you are capable of is this flailing away against a label much as would the bull against the red flag. It's team libertarian or bust for you kids.

It's almost fun watching the true believers, some times. You have joined team "libertarian" as a product of your acting out against Mommy and Daddy now that you are a big boy of 19, and burn with that religious zeal for your brand new cause. You visit Lew Rockwell dot com, learn all the jingo, and voila! You don't need to learn anything further!

Rather than spending even so much as a nanosecond attempting to understand what has actually been written, learning to understand the basis for an ideology or much else for that matter, all you are capable of is this flailing away against a label much as would the bull against the red flag. It's team libertarian or bust for you kids.
I'm 50+. I decided to be "libertarian" because I agree, 99%, with the libertarian party planks.

As for you, you're just a moron.

Label arguments are so prosaic, liberal, classical liberal, commie, conservative, etc. - most are nothing but efforts to protect the personal ideology of the writer, used as a pejorative, or a writer parroting some banal editorial on the radio, tv or in print. None are defined and even if they were the beliefs and actions of the past do not comport directly with their meaning in the 21st Century.

Label arguments are so prosaic, liberal, classical liberal, commie, conservative, etc. - most are nothing but efforts to protect the personal ideology of the writer, used as a pejorative, or a writer parroting some banal editorial on the radio, tv or in print. None are defined and even if they were the beliefs and actions of the past do not comport directly with their meaning in the 21st Century.
They are defined and the the beliefs and actions of the past most certainly do comport directly with their meaning today.

Forum List

Back