You want to know the real reason people don't want to be liberals?

All of the founding fathers were liberals

Conservatives remained loyal to the crown

Most of the founding fathers were classical liberals who held the exact same politics that the libertarian party holds today. Classical conservatives were democrats of the day, and they remained loyal to the crown. Even today these democrats remain loyal to the government crown, aka. the imperial democrat emperor, aka. their god the POTUS Obama.

If Joeb131 were a liberal, you might have something, but from what I've seen of him, he's closer to Neo Nazi than liberal as well as being extremely irrational and unintelligent .

The problem in perception is that the word liberal is too often applied to those who aren't the least bit liberal.

Read some John Stuart Mill or John Rawls, and get back to me, k?

If Joeb131 were a liberal, you might have something, but from what I've seen of him, he's closer to Neo Nazi than liberal as well as being extremely irrational and unintelligent .

The problem in perception is that the word liberal is too often applied to those who aren't the least bit liberal.

Read some John Stuart Mill or John Rawls, and get back to me, k?
The problem with democrats is similar to the problem with islam... there is a vast shortage of those willing to eschew the radicals of their group.

Very few people understand that the "conserve" in conservatism refers to the desire to conserve social mores and institutions, and that one of the defining characteristics of liberalism is that it values social justice over social order.

Founding fathers were rebels, libturds never rebel, they just seek more and more goverment regulation of our personal lives.

Most of the founding fathers were classical liberals who held the exact same politics that the libertarian party holds today. Classical conservatives were democrats of the day, and they remained loyal to the crown. Even today these democrats remain loyal to the government crown, aka. the imperial democrat emperor, aka. their god the POTUS Obama.

The founding fathers would spit on today's Libertarians

The problem with democrats is similar to the problem with islam... there is a vast shortage of those willing to eschew the radicals of their group.

I am a registered democrat and I think Joe is a hateful piece of human excrement. I hope I eschewed that one hard enough.

I do agree that here is often a shortage of those willing to criticize the radicals, though, and I would even go so far as to state that opinions presented on messageboards can give the impression that "liberals" are just a bunch of anti-American leftists like we too often see here, but that is just because the internet tends to bring out the extreme instead of the more intelligent and moderate.

Since you brought up Islam, though, I tend to use the reaction to it as the barometer for establishing who is and who isn't applying liberal political principles to their world view. True liberals see Islam for what it is -- a profoundly conservative ideology that stands in diametrical opposition to just about every liberal principle imaginable. A leftist, on the other hand, sees it as their prime directive to defend Islam because they see all their little mates doing so and because the enemy of their enemy is their friend -- their enemy in this case being Western civilization.

Very few people understand that the "conserve" in conservatism refers to the desire to conserve social mores and institutions, and that one of the defining characteristics of liberalism is that it values social justice over social order.
You are conflating adjectives and nouns. Very few people understand the difference.

Jesus was a liberal
Jesus was a conservative, aka classical liberal. Modern liberals have bastardized the term liberal.

Modern liberals left the classical liberals behind because the classic liberal agenda became obsolete.

Which also explains why classical liberalism is now essentially conservatism.
It is what conservatives just don't understand. That liberalism as well as society evolves

But then again, conservatives don't believe in evolution

I am a registered democrat and I think Joe is a hateful piece of human excrement. I hope I eschewed that one hard enough.

I do agree that here is often a shortage of those willing to criticize the radicals, though, and I would even go so far as to state that opinions presented on messageboards can give the impression that "liberals" are just a bunch of anti-American leftists like we too often see here, but that is just because the internet tends to bring out the extreme instead of the more intelligent and moderate.

Since you brought up Islam, though, I tend to use the reaction to it as the barometer for establishing who is and who isn't applying liberal political principles to their world view. True liberals see Islam for what it is -- a profoundly conservative ideology that stands in diametrical opposition to just about every liberal principle imaginable. A leftist, on the other hand, sees it as their prime directive to defend Islam because they see all their little mates doing so and because the enemy of their enemy is their friend -- their enemy in this case being Western civilization.
Most people who use the adjective "true" when describing a group, usually mean "like me." It's akin to saying "the reality is" when you really mean "in my opinion."

As for why I don't like the political views of modern liberals... the leaders of said modern liberal movement are the worst people in America. That said a small minority of modern liberal show promise, in so far as they are willing to agree their leaders have no clothes on.

Forum List

Back