You want to know the real reason people don't want to be liberals?

What did liberals do that was so offensive to the conservatives? Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act. What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor. -Lawrence O'Donnell Jr.

And yes, Republicans used to be liberal.

You want to know the real reason people don't want to be liberals?

Because the far left hijacked this label, like how ISIS hijacked the Islamic labels..

What did liberals do that was so offensive to the conservatives? Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act. What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor. -Lawrence O'Donnell Jr.

And yes, Republicans used to be liberal.
You're a moron.

Because a lot of leftist social belief is just dumb.
-They hate the two parent, loving family!
-They defend criminals when they're the right color!
-Some of them hate success. I just want the successful to pay their fair share, but some of these people want to burn them down.
There's a lot I hate about liberals.

I'll take that answer as agreement that you meant "your liberal views" are the correct modern liberal views.

As for your accusation that libertarian-ism is entirely unconcerned with social justice.. ROFL you're a funny little person aren't you.

It's almost fun watching the true believers, some times. You have joined team "libertarian" as a product of your acting out against Mommy and Daddy now that you are a big boy of 19, and burn with that religious zeal for your brand new cause. You visit Lew Rockwell dot com, learn all the jingo, and voila! You don't need to learn anything further!

Rather than spending even so much as a nanosecond attempting to understand what has actually been written, learning to understand the basis for an ideology or much else for that matter, all you are capable of is this flailing away against a label much as would the bull against the red flag. It's team libertarian or bust for you kids.
I'm 50+. I decided to be "libertarian" because I agree, 99%, with the libertarian party planks.

As for you, you're just a moron.

Just as dumb as being a pure social liberal. Killing the entire public sector of this country is just plain nuts.

But then again, conservatives don't believe in evolution
I lean more conservative than liberal. Evolution is a proven fact of life. The theory of evolution is like germ theory. It's a theory in the technical sense, but it's also a basic fact of science.

In social issues I also lean quite conservative! Fiscal is where liberals start making serious sense. Of course, not all.

Most people want to be republican because they aren't smart enough to be liberals.
Say's the moron liberal who's 40 and still lives in his mother's basement.
I don't understand why you repubs make hold on so tight to these liberal cliches. "You live with your mom!" "Quit sucking the government tit and get a job!" Derp, derp, derp.

It's such lazy thinking. I'm sure it makes you feel superior and validated just assuming liberals are unemployed losers, but you really just come across as laughable. Everything you people say is so emotionally driven and lacks any critical thinking skills and basis in reality.. Any unemployed adult in their mom's basement doesn't give two shits about politics.

Most people who use the adjective "true" when describing a group, usually mean "like me." It's akin to saying "the reality is" when you really mean "in my opinion."

As for why I don't like the political views of modern liberals... the leaders of said modern liberal movement are the worst people in America. That said a small minority of modern liberal show promise, in so far as they are willing to agree their leaders have no clothes on.

The "true", in this case referred to being true to the actual tenets of liberalism. Bill Maher, for instance, is a true liberal, for he remains true to liberal principles. The various practitioners of the leftist brand of political correctness born of identity politics are not evaluating he world according to liberal principles, but mere from a simplistic rewards/punishment system of conformist orthodoxy where they receive accolades from their little mates for saying one thing but condemnation for another. There is no actual ideology at work there, only group think.

The problem in perception here is that the words liberal and conservative are too often mistakenly applied to a person instead of an ideology.
Which liberal principles? Your liberal principles as a democrat liberal? Or my liberal principles as a libertarian who is a classical liberal?

If our founders where losertrians. How do you explain the constitution??? Which promotes taxing the population and regulations?

Jesus was a liberal
Jesus was a conservative, aka classical liberal. Modern liberals have bastardized the term liberal.

Modern liberals left the classical liberals behind because the classic liberal agenda became obsolete.

Which also explains why classical liberalism is now essentially conservatism.
It is what conservatives just don't understand. That liberalism as well as society evolves

One day society may evolve to accept incest and other strange behavior. Somethings aren't progress.

All of the founding fathers were liberals

Conservatives remained loyal to the crown

Most of the founding fathers were classical liberals who held the exact same politics that the libertarian party holds today. Classical conservatives were democrats of the day, and they remained loyal to the crown. Even today these democrats remain loyal to the government crown, aka. the imperial democrat emperor, aka. their god the POTUS Obama.

Label arguments are so prosaic, liberal, classical liberal, commie, conservative, etc. - most are nothing but efforts to protect the personal ideology of the writer, used as a pejorative, or a writer parroting some banal editorial on the radio, tv or in print. None are defined and even if they were the beliefs and actions of the past do not comport directly with their meaning in the 21st Century.
They are defined and the the beliefs and actions of the past most certainly do comport directly with their meaning today.

Cool, define them, and give examples.

I'll take that answer as agreement that you meant "your liberal views" are the correct modern liberal views.

As for your accusation that libertarian-ism is entirely unconcerned with social justice.. ROFL you're a funny little person aren't you.

It's almost fun watching the true believers, some times. You have joined team "libertarian" as a product of your acting out against Mommy and Daddy now that you are a big boy of 19, and burn with that religious zeal for your brand new cause. You visit Lew Rockwell dot com, learn all the jingo, and voila! You don't need to learn anything further!

Rather than spending even so much as a nanosecond attempting to understand what has actually been written, learning to understand the basis for an ideology or much else for that matter, all you are capable of is this flailing away against a label much as would the bull against the red flag. It's team libertarian or bust for you kids.
I'm 50+. I decided to be "libertarian" because I agree, 99%, with the libertarian party planks.

As for you, you're just a moron.

Just as dumb as being a pure social liberal. Killing the entire public sector of this country is just plain nuts.
Who's killing the entire public sector?

All of the founding fathers were liberals

Conservatives remained loyal to the crown

Most of the founding fathers were classical liberals who held the exact same politics that the libertarian party holds today. Classical conservatives were democrats of the day, and they remained loyal to the crown. Even today these democrats remain loyal to the government crown, aka. the imperial democrat emperor, aka. their god the POTUS Obama.

Label arguments are so prosaic, liberal, classical liberal, commie, conservative, etc. - most are nothing but efforts to protect the personal ideology of the writer, used as a pejorative, or a writer parroting some banal editorial on the radio, tv or in print. None are defined and even if they were the beliefs and actions of the past do not comport directly with their meaning in the 21st Century.
They are defined and the the beliefs and actions of the past most certainly do comport directly with their meaning today.

Cool, define them, and give examples.
Declaration of independence..., Constitution, many writings of the formers. Pick up a book vs reading authoritarian propaganda.

2ujs4tx.jpg

Most people who use the adjective "true" when describing a group, usually mean "like me." It's akin to saying "the reality is" when you really mean "in my opinion."

As for why I don't like the political views of modern liberals... the leaders of said modern liberal movement are the worst people in America. That said a small minority of modern liberal show promise, in so far as they are willing to agree their leaders have no clothes on.

The "true", in this case referred to being true to the actual tenets of liberalism. Bill Maher, for instance, is a true liberal, for he remains true to liberal principles. The various practitioners of the leftist brand of political correctness born of identity politics are not evaluating he world according to liberal principles, but mere from a simplistic rewards/punishment system of conformist orthodoxy where they receive accolades from their little mates for saying one thing but condemnation for another. There is no actual ideology at work there, only group think.

The problem in perception here is that the words liberal and conservative are too often mistakenly applied to a person instead of an ideology.
Which liberal principles? Your liberal principles as a democrat liberal? Or my liberal principles as a libertarian who is a classical liberal?

If our founders where losertrians. How do you explain the constitution??? Which promotes taxing the population and regulations?
You clearly have no idea what a libertarian is. I doubt you can wipe your ass without getting shit all over your face.

Jesus was a liberal
Jesus was a conservative, aka classical liberal. Modern liberals have bastardized the term liberal.

Modern liberals left the classical liberals behind because the classic liberal agenda became obsolete.

Which also explains why classical liberalism is now essentially conservatism.
It is what conservatives just don't understand. That liberalism as well as society evolves

One day society may evolve to accept incest and other strange behavior. Somethings aren't progress.

That day has passed, and it did so in past centuries - King Tut's parents were brother and sister and the inbreeding among the Monarchies of Europe lead to Royals' Disease, hemophilia

Jesus was a liberal
If Jesus was a conservative, he was a classical conservative, NOT what passes for conservatism today. The Tea Party and their sympathizers are the ones that have bastardized political discourse.

Forum List

Back