You May Be Surprised To Hear

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
In a recent class, a discussion of vocabulary related to money and finance came to the word "inflation." This led to a student-generated mention of Joe Biden. Not surprising given recent economic news. I started to redirect the discussion back toward the broader topic as I always do when political things come up in an ESL class (ethics). Surprisingly, many of the students wanted to continue talking about it. Bear in mind that the class was comprised of recent immigrants or first generation Americans from Guatemala, Honduras, DR, Puerto Rico, Haiti, and other places. Just the sort of immigrants and first generation Americans that so many people are in a panic over because they are just sure it is evidence of a democrat plot to stack the deck with people sure to vote for them. Imagine my surprise when one student declared - unbidden - that "We need Trump back." Only one student started to question the premise when every other student in the class started voicing their agreement with the initial comment. I have to be very careful about not injecting my own political point of view in any class, especially with non-native speakers, so I cut off the discussion by introducing the next assignment, but I couldn't help thinking of all the outrage and certainty about "them democrats flooding the country with people they KNOW will vote for them!" If that really is the intention of massive, ongoing irresponsibility in controlling our borders, some folks may be in for a big surprise in a few years.

In a recent class, a discussion of vocabulary related to money and finance came to the word "inflation." This led to a student-generated mention of Joe Biden. Not surprising given recent economic news. I started to redirect the discussion back toward the broader topic as I always do when political things come up in an ESL class (ethics). Surprisingly, many of the students wanted to continue talking about it. Bear in mind that the class was comprised of recent immigrants or first generation Americans from Guatemala, Honduras, DR, Puerto Rico, Haiti, and other places. Just the sort of immigrants and first generation Americans that so many people are in a panic over because they are just sure it is evidence of a democrat plot to stack the deck with people sure to vote for them. Imagine my surprise when one student declared - unbidden - that "We need Trump back." Only one student started to question the premise when every other student in the class started voicing their agreement with the initial comment. I have to be very careful about not injecting my own political point of view in any class, especially with non-native speakers, so I cut off the discussion by introducing the next assignment, but I couldn't help thinking of all the outrage and certainty about "them democrats flooding the country with people they KNOW will vote for them!" If that really is the intention of massive, ongoing irresponsibility in controlling our borders, some folks may be in for a big surprise in a few years.
You know, i have no problem with any immigrant who comes here legally, but when they come across illegally and dump their anchors, then i have issues with that shit. Send them back to their countries so the parents can do it legally or not at all.

Wouldn't be the first time a democrat gambit to seize more power blew up in their faces.

It's still a Cloward-Piven plot to overload the system so it will fail.

The problem is that it's also a GOP business reach-around to deflate the unskilled labor market so they can pay less in wages across the board.

The establishment (both parties) hated Trump because he tried to fix it.

Surprised and encouraged. Some say the hispanic voting block isn't as solid for the democrats as previously thought.

Sorry bout that,

1. Inflation takes place when imbecile's are in office and right away they stop oil.
2. If you don't know, *ITS AN OIL BASED ECONOMY* stupid.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So are you saying kid’s don’t learn from you, their parents, social media and MSM?
The reason why the "educator" is so hell bent on bringing diseased individuals and their anchors here, is so he can continue to have a job. I mean he is instructing first generation or illegal migrants children as he so claimed. I wonder if he has his own kids (probably not) because if he did, he might realize he is self defeating his own children, because the illegals will get special treatment not the US citizen child.

That is why i dont like illegals and their anchor babies, it takes away from US children....Whom comes first....

Thanks for remaining neutral in that discussion.

I can definitely see inflation concerns kicking the Democrats’ asses in the next election. People are feeling the squeeze at the gas pump and the grocery store and will vote accordingly.

Minority groups, often with less financial stability, have to be feeling it even more as they struggle to make ends meet.

The reason why the "educator" is so hell bent on bringing diseased individuals and their anchors here, is so he can continue to have a job. I mean he is instructing first generation or illegal migrants children as he so claimed. I wonder if he has his own kids (probably not) because if he did, he might realize he is self defeating his own children, because the illegals will get special treatment not the US citizen child.

That is why i dont like illegals and their anchor babies, it takes away from US children....Whom comes first....
I have no issue with him teaching those that need education and if he teaches children of first generation or illegals that is fine with me…

I am not close minded and look I believe if you have kids put them in Private Schools and work three jobs and if not then understand your kid will be with someone illegal child at that public school…

Kids shouldn’t be punished…

Forum List

Back