You go Girl! Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Plans Bill to Boost Top Individual Tax Rate to 59%

You probably don't even own your appliances. If you actually did own a company C, you would have been out of business a long time ago due to competition.

Company C doesn't make a profit?

Businesses pay what they need to pay in order to retain a quality workforce. People work for businesses if they are paid what they deem a fair wage. If my company decided to reduce my wage by 1/3rd, they know I would be looking for work elsewhere. If they don't feel like I am worth what they are paying, they will take that chance. That is the way it works. We aren't owed anything in particular from a company. We are owed what they believe we are worth.

I used this example before, but it will use it again. Why does a water boy for an NFL team make exponentially less than the star QB? Maybe because there are many people who can perform the water boy's job just as adequately but not so many that can be the star QB.

Most business pay the lowest amount they can get away with.

And most employees try to get paid as much as they can. That's how it works. Should we then criticize employees for wanting more than their work is worth?

We should question the motives of employers that don't pay a living wage.

What motive do you think they have for crying out loud???

Then people will just find a place for 4.8 million.

The Democrats are under the illusion that when they go to take the rich mans money, he takes his thumb and holds his pockets open to make it easier on them. The number one priority for the wealthy is finding ways to keep what they made, so they will always find a way.

When somebody takes a little less of your property, it's hardly considered a gift.
Again, I'd agree that AOC is a little nuts, but not taxing the 1% ANYTHING on cap gains NEVER drove them offshore. All we did was let Moscow Mitch give his party elite extra shugah.

So when was their capital gains never taxed? It's not taxed while they're holding the stock, it's taxed when they sell it and reap the profit.

Can you defer capital gains taxes in perpetuity?

I'm no expert, but I believe you can. Who really does that though?

Me, and every other wealthy person.

No, they do not. When the market is set for a big correction, people get their money out of there before they lose too much. Get it out of there, and when the market starts to recover, buy your investments back at a lower price.

Company C doesn't make a profit?

Businesses pay what they need to pay in order to retain a quality workforce. People work for businesses if they are paid what they deem a fair wage. If my company decided to reduce my wage by 1/3rd, they know I would be looking for work elsewhere. If they don't feel like I am worth what they are paying, they will take that chance. That is the way it works. We aren't owed anything in particular from a company. We are owed what they believe we are worth.

I used this example before, but it will use it again. Why does a water boy for an NFL team make exponentially less than the star QB? Maybe because there are many people who can perform the water boy's job just as adequately but not so many that can be the star QB.

And most employees try to get paid as much as they can. That's how it works. Should we then criticize employees for wanting more than their work is worth?

Greed.

Again, I'd agree that AOC is a little nuts, but not taxing the 1% ANYTHING on cap gains NEVER drove them offshore. All we did was let Moscow Mitch give his party elite extra shugah.

So when was their capital gains never taxed? It's not taxed while they're holding the stock, it's taxed when they sell it and reap the profit.

Can you defer capital gains taxes in perpetuity?

I'm no expert, but I believe you can. Who really does that though?

Me, and every other wealthy person.

No, they do not. When the market is set for a big correction, people get their money out of there before they lose too much. Get it out of there, and when the market starts to recover, buy your investments back at a lower price.

:290968001256257790-final:

Six creative ways to defer a tax bill for years or decades

Bloomberg ^ | November 15, 2019

No excerpt from Bloomberg allowed, story here. She wants a 59% top income tax rate and to tax unrealized capital gains yearly, including real estate and business holdings.

REMEMBER VOTE DEMONRAT SO YOU CAN GO BROKE AND HAVE TO GIVE YOUR HOUSE TO AN ILLEGAL INVADER, OR MUSLIM TERRORIST!

That bitch knows what she is doing
Long overdue

Also tax Capital Gains at the same rate as personal income
Well at least we can agree on one thing.

I'll let you guess which one thing that is.

Greed.

Or how about that's all they can afford to pay? Why do you think every single businesses is making hand over fist money?

Greed.

Or how about that's all they can afford to pay? Why do you think every single businesses is making hand over fist money?

Why else would they be in business?

Greed.

Is being stupid always your top priority, need to ask...

Greed.

Apparently, in some minds, every business is wildly successful and an endless source of money.

Greed.

Apparently, in some minds, every business is wildly successful and an endless source of money.

Correct. Most new small businesses that open up close within five years. My employer told me stories of what it was like when he opened up. Unless you are wealthy, you have to beg, borrow, and steal to get it up and running. Then you have to repay all the money you borrowed.

My cousin has his own business, he always has. But in spite of what he did before and the money he made, he had to invest every dime he had into his new one. It was a huge risk, but he worked night and day to get it going. Even family members came there to help; moving things inside of the building, painting, replacing windows, all that.

My employer still comes in for 9 hours a day. My cousin is still working his ass off. They are both doing well now, but it was a huge risk and a lot of time.

Greed.

To try and make a good living. But that doesn't mean they all do.

Greed.

Correct. Most new small businesses that open up close within five years. My employer told me stories of what it was like when he opened up. Unless you are wealthy, you have to beg, borrow, and steal to get it up and running. Then you have to repay all the money you borrowed.

My cousin has his own business, he always has. But in spite of what he did before and the money he made, he had to invest every dime he had into his new one. It was a huge risk, but he worked night and day to get it going. Even family members came there to help; moving things inside of the building, painting, replacing windows, all that.

My employer still comes in for 9 hours a day. My cousin is still working his ass off. They are both doing well now, but it was a huge risk and a lot of time.

And, of course, now that they're successful, they're supposed to accept everyone else's ideas about how they should spend any profits, what they should be paying their employees, and how much they should be paying themselves.

I notice that liberals are very quick to get involved when a company is successful, but don't seem to notice all the ones that are struggling. If society is supposed to share in the successes, why shouldn't it share in the failures?

Greed.

And, of course, now that they're successful, they're supposed to accept everyone else's ideas about how they should spend any profits, what they should be paying their employees, and how much they should be paying themselves.

I notice that liberals are very quick to get involved when a company is successful, but don't seem to notice all the ones that are struggling. If society is supposed to share in the successes, why shouldn't it share in the failures?

It's pretty much how you can distinguish between the phonies and the real deal. When somebody tells me they have a business, are paying their non-skilled labor 100K a year or better, make a good profit, and no worries about competition, the only two conclusions I can draw is that they are lying, or in the illegal drug trade business.

Greed.

Answer the question....need to ask!

Greed.

If the business is still operating they are.

Greed.

Why do most new small businesses that open up close within five years?

Greed.

To try and make a good living. But that doesn't mean they all do.

Why?

Greed.

Answer the question....need to ask!

The answer is easy, but I’m not surprised you don’t understand, not everyone makes a lot of money that own their own business, the vast majority just get by. When and if they have great success, they earned it and they deserve all of it! Tell me how it’s anyone else’s decision but theirs!

No excerpt from Bloomberg allowed, story here. She wants a 59% top income tax rate and to tax unrealized capital gains yearly, including real estate and business holdings.

REMEMBER VOTE DEMONRAT SO YOU CAN GO BROKE AND HAVE TO GIVE YOUR HOUSE TO AN ILLEGAL INVADER, OR MUSLIM TERRORIST!

Long overdue

Yep, more money to misuse

Long overdue

The fact that you’ve never earned enough to make an investment disqualifies you from the equation, stick to instigating who gets in line first for WIC services...

Forum List

Back