President plans to unveil new 20% 'minimum tax' on 700 super-rich Americans that would levy ALL forms of income for families worth more than $100M

The unconstitutional part of it was removed, although you’re correct….many middle class people are still suffering under its burden. My 62-year-old sister is now paying $1000 a month for a crappy bronze plan - the best she can afford - so that people who never went to college and don’t earn much money can get a subsidized silver plan with better coverage.

Obamacare is another form of wealth distribution - from the middle class to the working class. You don’t have to worry about the burden it places on middle class people, because as I recall, you are a government retiree with excellent pension and medical benefits.

Commie Care was nothing but a lie from day one. I dare somebody to try and find a plan for my provider.

Commie Care was nothing but a lie from day one. I dare somebody to try and find a plan for my provider.
Yup. The only people who were happy were 1) people who never gave a thought to how they would earn a living when they got out of high school and thus got a $1000 plan for $50 (subsidized by the middle class stuck paying $1000 for a substandard plan) and 2) the affluent elites, or government employees, untouched by the disaster.

I say that anytime Congress comes up with a “better way” for American taxpayers, then they and all government employees should be part of it too. It’s like a chef who cooks up such an awful meal that he himself won’t eat at his own restaurant.

Yup. The only people who were happy were 1) people who never gave a thought to how they would earn a living when they got out of high school and thus got a $1000 plan for $50 (subsidized by the middle class stuck paying $1000 for a substandard plan) and 2) the affluent elites, or government employees, untouched by the disaster.

I say that anytime Congress comes up with a “better way” for American taxpayers, then they and all government employees should be part of it too. It’s like a chef who cooks up such an awful meal that he himself won’t eat at his own restaurant.

The Communists only make laws and policies to benefit their party or their constituents. How many french fry makers are there that vote Republican? So you give them great healthcare for 50 bucks a month and send the bill to their likely foes which are middle and upper class Republican voters. It's your standard Democrat theme of rewarding failure and penalizing success.

The more government dependents made, the happier the Democrat party is. If they could pull it off, every one of us would have to depend on government for one thing or another. Commie Care was nothing more than a stepping stone to a total takeover of our healthcare system by government. And once they do get it, they will have total control over the people because nearly everything we do in life relates to our healthcare.

The Supreme Court ruled that it's unconstitutional for Dementia to force all employers with a 100 employees or more to make sure their employees get the vaccine, however they also ruled that he can constitutionally force health facilities to obey his policies. Why? Because many of the patients they make their money off of are government dependents. Now what would that ruling have been if we were all on government healthcare? It would not be unconstitutional for government to force every one of us to take the vaccine whether we needed it or not.

This is not really a story to be concerned about. First it will never pass as the plutocrats who have nothing in common with average working people won't let it happen as they are in control. Secondly it would never pass.

Yeah, like all those other times this never happened in anywhere but your fantasies.
Algore was famous for defining "millionaire" as anyone who made a quarter of million for 4 years. No one believes a democrat when they promise, "If you make less than <whatever arbitrary number they decide to go with>, you won't see any new taxes".

And you think that gives you license to invent fantasies.

Okay. Enjoy your paranoid fantasies.
I enjoy reality. Some of that reality deals with democrats and isn't all that pleasant, but some of them are like real people, so all in all, livable.

Yeah, like all those other times this never happened in anywhere but your fantasies.
That’s odd. I thought it has happened before. I seem to recall something about the AMT. The avaricious government initiated it “to tax high-income taxpayers who used the regular tax system to pay little or no tax. Due to inflation and cuts in ordinary tax rates, many middle income taxpayers began to pay the AMT. The number of households owing AMT rose from 200,000 in 1982 to 5.2 million in 2017 ….” Alternative minimum tax - Wikipedia

It is true that, Subsequently, there were some corrections made. But the original effort to just get more money from then”rich” clearly worked its magic on others. So, let’s not claim that “it never happened …”. It sure has happened.

And the basic problem is plain to see. These libs who think they are entitled to the money of “those” supposedly “rich” people — because they believe they have a right to share the fruits of the production of others with those who often don’t even try to work — don’t bother to limit their definitions. What’s deemed rich today may not take enough. So, redefine it to a lower income level. They are now “those” evil “rich” people.

Tell us all. What prevents them from re-defining “rich?” Can you point to some neutral principle to which they must yield?

I enjoy reality. Some of that reality deals with democrats and isn't all that pleasant, but some of them are like real people, so all in all, livable.
Yes, every self deluded person says their fantasies are reality. Else, they would drop the fantasies.

Normal people ask themselves why their fantasies don't ever align with reality. And they don't invent another paranoid fantasy as the answer.

Poor Bti sweating out his tax hike lol at you republican trash
Poor Eddie doesn't realize that Billionaires own the swamp pols especially in the dem class and that this is all lip service to get the middle and working classes nor that greed and envy which he has is very unattractive and immoral.

Well just a little greed but I envy no one Have all my family will ever need even if there is a republican WH and congress

Well just a little greed but I envy no one Have all my family will ever need even if there is a republican WH and congress
Your worries should be if there remains Democrat control. They’re still intent on more spending, which will drive inflation to such a point that the average American won’t be able to buy gas or food.

I just went shopping yesterday, and the small little tub of cream cheese that used to be around $1.99 for generic and $2.50 or so for brand, was closing in on $5. Now expand that to ALL groceries, and household items, and gasoline, and yeah….there’s a big problem.

Will never understand why libs love the idea of government confiscating money.

Your worries should be if there remains Democrat control. They’re still intent on more spending, which will drive inflation to such a point that the average American won’t be able to buy gas or food.

I just went shopping yesterday, and the small little tub of cream cheese that used to be around $1.99 for generic and $2.50 or so for brand, was closing in on $5. Now expand that to ALL groceries, and household items, and gasoline, and yeah….there’s a big problem.
OK there is inflation and Biden and FED are trying to limit it But you shouldn't think Republicans are the cure They never have been Only time they worry about spending is when Dems are doing it

They buy into the rhetoric that it's only the "rich" that will get hurt, never understanding that it STARTS with the rich and always impacts everybody.
They also ignore that half of all Americans - those earning middle of the road income and paying their taxes - own stocks, if not outright then as part of their retirement plans. They are hard hit when Dems increase inflation, forcing the fed to slow the economy via rate hikes and thus lower the value of stocks.

Forum List

Back