“You don’t live here anymore. You left. What are you doing here?”

Immigration situation in the West Bank? I'm still wondering if people know what's going on.

Saying people in the West Bank are going to be forced to 'immigrate' is like saying the African slaves 'immigrated' to the Americas. Is either technically true?

Are people here supporting the actions of the Settlers and the parts of teh government that condone and encourage this type of behavior?

View attachment 870426

I guess the Palestinians should have accepted previous Israeli peace offers.

quotes:

Ms. Buttu grew up in Canada on stories of the 1948 destruction of her family’s village near Nazareth. “It wasn’t a one-time event. It was uprooting an entire community,” she said. Ms. Buttu was a ubiquitous presence during the peace talks of the early aughts but has come to regret her role in the negotiations. She no longer believes that Israel was bargaining in good faith and regards the talks as a largely theatrical process that kept everybody busy while Palestinians literally lost ground.

“It gave this very false impression that there was movement happening, and it served as a great distraction,” Ms. Buttu said. “The common diplomatic refrain was, ‘It’s OK, it will go with the negotiations.’ More settlements got built, but, ‘It’s OK, because they’ll go with negotiation.’”

Ms. Buttu grew up in Canada on stories of the 1948 destruction of her family’s village near Nazareth.

Nazareth? Wasn't that Jewish guy born there?
Why were there a bunch of Muslims living near that Jewish town?

Wow! I'm not sure what it is I can say about this type of behavior.

The uniformed visitor laid down the law in soft, even tones: If you insist on coming home, he told Mr. Til with an air of generosity, you can — so long as you accept its trashed condition. “It’s as-is,” he said, as if he were selling a house. Army drones had photographed every detail, he explained. If the residents moved so much as a stone or pulled a tarp over an unroofed house, it would be considered an illegal construction, and there could be trouble.

Mr. Til and the others were incredulous: What if it rains?, they pressed. What about the summer sun? The official held firm: You move things, you put up a tarp, you break the law. And then, having delivered this discouraging welcome, he drove off.

“You don’t live here anymore. You left. What are you doing here?” one of the young men asked Mr. Til. “Where are you sleeping at night?”
“We didn’t leave,” Mr. Til replied quietly. His posture and tone were deferential. At least one of the settlers carried a pistol stuck in the back of his pants.

KHIRBET ZANUTA, West Bank

West Bank. Has nothing to do with Gaza. Next!

The internet exists, dude. This isn't the 80's where you can just invent propaganda and engage in unquestioned vicious murder because of it. It's the easiest thing in the world to search and find out that "Palestine" and "Palestinian" are words that have been in use for centuries.
Yes, named as such by the Romans. it applied to the geographic area, not a country.

Forum List

Back