Yes! University of Texas Removes Confederate Monuments

Personally, I don't care if they are removed but what irks me is that the left wing is once again impressing their will onto the majority and are crowing about it.

Is it the majority though? If it wasn't for the left wing you'd still have Jim Crow laws..
Blah blah blah, the left wing loves taking credit for everything they deem as good. Blah blah blah the liberals are destroying the country.

Very good move by the University of Texas, which removed a bunch of racist Confederate monuments.
Very good news for liberals, very bad news for conservatives, who want these monuments to stay. University of Texas Removes Confederate Monuments
More statues of Democrats being taken down, soon there wont be any Democrats being honored ever again.
Right....even tho the Con-federacy didn't have Republicans or Democrats.

The Democratic party was founded in 1792.
The wigs formed the Republican party in 1854 to combat slavery in the Western developing territories.
It was Republican wigs that fought against Dems who supported slavery.
upload_2017-8-21_22-36-33.png

Personally, I don't care if they are removed but what irks me is that the left wing is once again impressing their will onto the majority and are crowing about it.

Is it the majority though? If it wasn't for the left wing you'd still have Jim Crow laws..
Blah blah blah, the left wing loves taking credit for everything they deem as good. Blah blah blah the liberals are destroying the country.
Blah, blah, blah, people are full of shit, blah, blah, blah.

You're not paying attention to the news are you, also you are judging historical figures by todays standards. We should be dealing with today and stop trying to rewrite/erase history.

As they should be. They were defending the indefensible institution of slavery. Please don't try and sell me that slavery WASN'T abhorrent to a large majority or didn't offer up the same disgust in many people back then. It did.

I'm not selling shit, slavery was wrong, but acting like it has a damn thing to do with today is pure ignorance. People that have to dredge up the past to feel important aren't looking to the future. But America ain't buying the crap you're selling and I guess when you have no vision for the future, the past is all you have.

I'm not selling shit, slavery was wrong, but acting like it has a damn thing to do with today is pure ignorance. People that have to dredge up the past to feel important aren't looking to the future. But America ain't buying the crap you're selling and I guess when you have no vision for the future, the past is all you have.
I think you are forgetting something, broski

upload_2017-8-21_23-29-11.png

Really, what gives them the power to define marriage, rule on intrastate commerce or assume the powers of Congress and rewrite and reword laws? Just because they assume powers not granted in the Constitution doesn't make them right. You seem to be the one with the magic marker.

The Constitution gives them that power. It hands them the power to have jurisdiction over both law and fact, which is exactly what they used. Same as your gay marriage law example. The 14th Amendment said that no state can limit privelages or deny people equal protection of the law.

While I may not agree with the interpretation of the Supreme Court, or think the powers the US Constitution gave to them to have jurisdiction to both law and fact are too overreaching is irrelevant. I guess I could take the page out of another ideal and say that the government should only be listened to voluntarily and it's laws don't apply to me. But I am not an anarchist.
What is needed is a rock-solid Conservative SCOTUS willing to overturn earlier Liberal interpretations of the Constitution in such matters... shazaam... instant Constitutionality.

What is needed is a rock-solid Conservative SCOTUS willing to overturn earlier Liberal interpretations of the Constitution in such matters... shazaam... instant Constitutionality.

I would agree with you 100% there. But that doesn't change the fact that the secession was a rebellion according to the US Constitution.

I would agree with you 100% there. But that doesn't change the fact that the secession was a rebellion according to the US Constitution.
It certainly was.

An approximate 1/3 of the country had decided that the Federal Government had finally gone too far, or was about to go too far, and sought independence for themselves.

The reasons behind their desire for independence were legion, even if the perpetuation of Slavery was very high on that list.

Part of the New Social Compact between North and South, to facilitate and sustain reconciliation, was to accord them the right to honor their heroes in that lost struggle.

Some generations later, we are now breaking that New Social Compact, by abrogating our own unspoken/unwritten obligations, and hindering their ancestor-worship.

We (the North) gave them (the South) the Consolation Prize of Respect for their bravery and sacrifice, even if we held true to our principles by NOT honoring their Cause.

It was a contract by the government not to infringe upon our rights, and you saw how well that last guy did with those rights. That was why the bitch lost and President Trump won.

Again, instead of destroying the monuments to those that fought against the US, we should take those historic pieces of art, and put them in a Museum and teach all the kiddies about how the Democrats wanted to keep slavery and after the war, those Democrats created the KKK. They don't need to honored by those today, but they do need a place so can be taught what they did.

It certainly was.

An approximate 1/3 of the country had decided that the Federal Government had finally gone too far, or was about to go too far, and sought independence for themselves.

The reasons behind their desire for independence were legion, even if the perpetuation of Slavery was very high on that list.

Part of the New Social Compact between North and South, to facilitate and sustain reconciliation, was to accord them the right to honor their heroes in that lost struggle.

Some generations later, we are now breaking that New Social Compact, by abrogating our own unspoken/unwritten obligations, and hindering their ancestor-worship.

We (the North) gave them (the South) the Consolation Prize of Respect for their bravery and sacrifice, even if we held true to our principles by NOT honoring their Cause.
If ever there were a war where the poor gave their blood for the rich it would be the civil war. How the democrat aristocrats talked the working man into charging canister fire is simply amazing. All to save their fortunes, based on slavery.

It certainly was.

If ever there were a war where the poor gave their blood for the rich it would be the civil war. How the democrat aristocrats talked the working man into charging canister fire is simply amazing. All to save their fortunes, based on slavery.

I'd not be at all surprised if the soldiers were kind of given the option of "you fight, or you'll be black balled from ever working again" - which back in the days when movement was difficult and expensive, when the church and community were your rock, when city an state were your "world", would have been a huge threat and incentive.

What is with this new left wing liberal crusade? Since mostly all of the protestors I have seen are white what gives? What affront do they see? What I think is they are doing what they have done since before the civil war, taking care of the poor down trodden black man because we all know they can't do it for themselves. They need these white overlords to take care of them.

Forum List

Back