Yes! University of Texas Removes Confederate Monuments

This is all a made up controversy designed to divide Americans.

Sad. Very sad.

I can't wait until all these confederate statues are gone. This is the final step to end racism in this country. Yep, once all these relics are gone the once enslaved blacks will enjoy being citizens in a completely colored blind country. Right? I mean why else would we be erasing our history?

Very good move by the University of Texas, which removed a bunch of racist Confederate monuments.
Very good news for liberals, very bad news for conservatives, who want these monuments to stay. University of Texas Removes Confederate Monuments
Would you be happy if 'The Alamo' was razed and 'Sam Houston' monuments were removed? After all, Sam Houston and his troops killed a shitload of greasy Mexicans.

Very good move by the University of Texas, which removed a bunch of racist Confederate monuments.
"Statues of Gen. Robert E. Lee, Confederate Gen. Albert Sidney Johnston, and Confederate Postmaster General John H. Reagan will be moved to a history museum"

Apparently the museum plans to display said statues in their "Pyrrhic victory" section.:cool:

This is yet another reason why Democrats/Leftists are EVIL.

There are good reasons why these monuments to Confederate icons can be and should be offensive to some. And there are good reasons why these monuments should be retained. Most people, substantively, don't give a shit. None of my ancestors ever was a slave or owned one. In fact, I think they were all in Europe at the relevant time, so I couldn't care less about any monument to Robert E. Lee. But reasonable people do care, and can differ.

But the Leftist take on EVERYTHING is that if they don't like it right now, it must go, permanently. And because at this moment in time some legal jurisdictions are ruled by Leftists, they want to PERMANENTLY remove - and destroy - these monuments, as though their personal feelings at this time in history are the FINAL WORD on the issue. So that when others are in legal authority THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESURRECT these monuments.

If you find them offensive, don't look at them. Put a tarp over them. Build another monument that you find more meaningful. But leave these monuments alone.

This is yet another reason why Democrats/Leftists are EVIL.

There are good reasons why these monuments to Confederate icons can be and should be offensive to some. And there are good reasons why these monuments should be retained. Most people, substantively, don't give a shit. None of my ancestors ever was a slave or owned one. In fact, I think they were all in Europe at the relevant time, so I couldn't care less about any monument to Robert E. Lee. But reasonable people do care, and can differ.

But the Leftist take on EVERYTHING is that if they don't like it right now, it must go, permanently. And because at this moment in time some legal jurisdictions are ruled by Leftists, they want to PERMANENTLY remove - and destroy - these monuments, as though their personal feelings at this time in history are the FINAL WORD on the issue. So that when others are in legal authority THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESURRECT these monuments.

If you find them offensive, don't look at them. Put a tarp over them. Build another monument that you find more meaningful. But leave these monuments alone.

It's entitlement to them, spoiled little bitches raised wrong

Progressives always want history to look like they want it to be… Not on how it really was.

"Statues of Gen. Robert E. Lee, Confederate Gen. Albert Sidney Johnston, and Confederate Postmaster General John H. Reagan will be moved to a history museum"

Apparently the museum plans to display said statues in their "Pyrrhic victory" section.:cool:
I am willing to bet you that about 90% of Americans could not name more than one Confederate general. Many could not tell you who was the president of the Confederacy.

Very good news for liberals, very bad news for conservatives, who want these monuments to stay. University of Texas Removes Confederate Monuments
More statues of Democrats being taken down, soon there wont be any Democrats being honored ever again.
Right....even tho the Con-federacy didn't have Republicans or Democrats.
Wrong again, dumbass, it was the Southern White Democrats who seceded from the Union, because those mean ole Republicans wanted to make black people free. Also keep slavery from expanding into the new territories which those Democrats were pissed about that too.

I am willing to bet you that about 90% of Americans could not name more than one Confederate general. Many could not tell you who was the president of the Confederacy.
... and I'd be willing to bet that close to half can't even tell you which side won the Civil War. :eek:

On the bright side we'd probably get majority correct answers to such questions as "Who is Brad Pitt Fucking?" or "What kind of perfume does Snookie wear?"......

Forum List

Back