XL Pipeline Runs Right Through Obama's Ass

Att: Metzor

keystone-map-298x300.jpg

Notice it doesn't cross the Mississippi.

The company I work for is bidding on a portion of this project and so far it's looking really good. We're expecting to make tons of money!!

Att: Metzor

keystone-map-298x300.jpg

Notice it doesn't cross the Mississippi.

The company I work for is bidding on a portion of this project and so far it's looking really good. We're expecting to make tons of money!!

I hear you may need to by-pass Nebraska.

DownstreamToday.com - News and Information for the Downstream Oil and Gas Industry

WY and CO need the jobs.

We'll see what Nebaraska's legislature says. Personally I think their fears are unfounded.

what interesting is the union that want the jobs and have been lobbying obama are the old heart and soul of the democratic party, PRIVATE Industrial unions.......plus the states the line goes thru won't vote for obama anyway, so I don't think he will approve it....it will be a sense of how desperate he thinks he is if he does..;)

what interesting is the union that want the jobs and have been lobbying obama are the old heart and soul of the democratic party, PRIVATE Industrial unions.......plus the states the line goes thru won't vote for obama anyway, so I don't think he will approve it....it will be a sense of how desperate he thinks he is if he does..;)

Yes that is really the subject of the thread: How will Obama make labor happy, as well as making Robert Redford happy.

So far he seems to have distanced himself from giving any opinion, and the media (including FNC) has let him get away with it.

Yes that is really the subject of the thread: How will Obama make labor happy, as well as making Robert Redford happy.

So far he seems to have distanced himself from giving any opinion, and the media (including FNC) has let him get away with it.

Oh I agree but you see, he has lead form behind since day one, and it has become a belief of mine every step of this was intended.

he is hoping that Trans Canada says F it, they are tried of waiting, but they won't , this is their first best idea and money maker. he hates it, but, hes going to have to come down on side or another.....

Oh I agree but you see, he has lead form behind since day one, and it has become a belief of mine every step of this was intended.

he is hoping that Trans Canada says F it, they are tried of waiting, but they won't , this is their first best idea and money maker. he hates it, but, hes going to have to come down on side or another.....

Agreed, but Hillary seems to be the Fly in His Ointment: The Dept of State has given XL the Green Light.

If she wanted to be helpful she could have stalled until after 11/2012

Agreed, but Hillary seems to be the Fly in His Ointment: The Dept of State has given XL the Green Light.

If she wanted to be helpful she could have stalled until after 11/2012

well, she has and will......

Hillary has agreed to run interference for him.

Keystone pipeline: State Department agrees to investigate charges

Inspector general launches investigation after conflict of interest charges from environmental groups and politicians

Keystone pipeline: State Department agrees to investigate charges | World news | guardian.co.uk

its amazing how fast that IG investigation got approval and is getting started eh? meanwhile we cannot get to the bottom of fast and furious, which has cost 2 lives of ours and some 200 Mexicans nor the appropriate information on solyndra etc.....

and no this has no effect on biz hence the economy or jobs does it? :lol: ...unreal.

:razz:

Looks like the "Community Organizer" will have his hands full.......

DownstreamToday.com - News and Information for the Downstream Oil and Gas Industry
Copyright 2011 Toronto Star Newspapers Limited

Obama has promised a decision by year's end on the $7 billion, 2,700-kilometre pipeline that would ship Canadian oil from Alberta to the Gulf of Mexico, traversing six U.S. states.

The project promises 20,000 jobs and the economy has been perhaps the only issue in the U.S. campaign so far.

Now, it is being described as a "defining political issue'' for the U.S. president as two of his core constituencies, the environmental movement and the U.S. labour movement line up against each other........

On Tuesday alone, readers of The New York Times website could watch a video by Robert Redford and read a story of heavy handed actions by TransCanada.

Redford called the Alberta crude "the dirtiest oil on the planet" and delivered a tough message to the U.S. president.

"Stand up for the future you know we deserve," he said. "Say 'no' to the Keystone XL."

I doubt Redford needs a job: Anyone disagree?

Well if the US taxpayer has to pay for this, it should be shut down.
If the oil companies are paying, everyone needs to shut the fuck up, b/c we need the jobs.

Obama has promised a decision by year's end on the $7 billion, 2,700-kilometre pipeline that would ship Canadian oil from Alberta to the Gulf of Mexico, traversing six U.S. states.

The project promises 20,000 jobs and the economy has been perhaps the only issue in the U.S. campaign so far.

Now, it is being described as a "defining political issue'' for the U.S. president as two of his core constituencies, the environmental movement and the U.S. labour movement line up against each other........

On Tuesday alone, readers of The New York Times website could watch a video by Robert Redford and read a story of heavy handed actions by TransCanada.

Redford called the Alberta crude "the dirtiest oil on the planet" and delivered a tough message to the U.S. president.

"Stand up for the future you know we deserve," he said. "Say 'no' to the Keystone XL."

Well if the US taxpayer has to pay for this, it should be shut down.
If the oil companies are paying, everyone needs to shut the fuck up, b/c we need the jobs.

agreed and trans-canada is footing the bill...

14 route options and 3 years of review later... nothin'.
Looks like Obama has been keeping this in his hip pocket for some time.
He may need it the closer we get to elections.

14 route options and 3 years of review later... nothin'.
Looks like Obama has been keeping this in his hip pocket for some time.
He may need it the closer we get to elections.

My theory is he won't approve it.

No one employable in the energy sector is going to vote for him, regardless of XL; however, Robert Redford and the Sierra Club crowd will have his balls if he approves it.

I agree. It's totally fucked up- Obama's yet to be passed budget still has tens of billions in tax penalties in it, directed at oil and natural gas. Typical Democrat idiocy.

And if it's not approved, it won't shut down tar sands oil production in Canada. They'll just ship it elsewhere.

And just wait- as domestic natural gas production increases and companies seek to develop Liquified Natural Gas terminals for export, Democrats will step up and kill that too.

Ironic, you mention 'community organizer' because the concern and heated debate has been going on in numerous 'communities' where the pipeline would actually be running through their 'asses'. And they wouldn't see any of those 'jobs'. To add to the irony is the lip service the right always gives to 'State's rights' and respect for local government...UNTIL..something like this comes along...THEN...you right wing turds want the feds to dictate...

What percentage of the 20,000 jobs will dissipate once the pipeline is built?

And what percentage is attributed to increased need for hot dog vendors and coffee shop servers? I suppose I am a tad tired of projects creating minimum wage opportunities rather than substantive career paths.

Interesting post; I suppose the Alaskan Pipeline project is the best source to predict how many permanent jobs will such a project create. Anyone know?

Permanent? That's difficult to ascertain because of the many companies that 'work it'. At the height of the pipeline boom, there were approximately 75,000 people employed which doesn't include peripheral jobs.
My educated guess is there are about 10,000 perm positions. Those jobs are available around the world, not concentrated in Alaska.

Source: My Daddy who is a sloper.

Between Rossi's ecat and Professor George Miley fusion reaction; who even knows if we will need the stuff within 4-5 years. George Miley is a respected professor and has gotten his(device) to put out nearly 200 watts, while Rossie 470 kw of constant energy. These are both HUGE break through within the field of fusion.

I mean earth shacking break throughs. This could be the thing that replaces coal, oil, natural gas, ect.

There are two arguments that I see.

First, there is the issue on whether or not we should build a pipeline that transports oil from the Oil Sands. This, I think, is what most of the noisy objections come from. IMHO, we should in spite of this objection for two reasons. Canada is a much better source of energy than people who hate us and want to kill us. Also, hydrocarbons are a fungible commodity. If the Americans don't want it, it will be sold to the Chinese. A pipeline can be built to the Pacific coast and the Chinese will be more than happy to take Canada's oil. The net reduction in carbon emissions will ultimately be zero.

The second issue is imminent domain. On this, I am more queasy.

I agree. It's totally fucked up- Obama's yet to be passed budget still has tens of billions in tax penalties in it, directed at oil and natural gas. Typical Democrat idiocy.

And if it's not approved, it won't shut down tar sands oil production in Canada. They'll just ship it elsewhere.

And just wait- as domestic natural gas production increases and companies seek to develop Liquified Natural Gas terminals for export, Democrats will step up and kill that too.

Or, the same thing that happened in Europe will happen here: LNG opponents will attempt to tax development out of existance, but consumers will simply pass the cost to their customers who will in turn, inflate the price of their products.

There are two arguments that I see.

First, there is the issue on whether or not we should build a pipeline that transports oil from the Oil Sands. This, I think, is what most of the noisy objections come from. IMHO, we should in spite of this objection for two reasons. Canada is a much better source of energy than people who hate us and want to kill us. Also, hydrocarbons are a fungible commodity. If the Americans don't want it, it will be sold to the Chinese. A pipeline can be built to the Pacific coast and the Chinese will be more than happy to take Canada's oil. The net reduction in carbon emissions will ultimately be zero.

The second issue is imminent domain. On this, I am more queasy.

The issue of imminent domain could also be applied to wind, solar, and ANY other project.

There is no issue about whether WE should build the project: Private industry is willing to do it. The only issue for US is whether or not WE will accept higher energy costs (and the loss of employment opportunities), if the crude is sold to China.

Until 2013, the Obama Administration has muted the issue:

The U.S. Department of State announced Thursday afternoon that it will postpone making a decision on whether TransCanada's proposed Keystone XL Pipeline project is in the national interest until at least early 2013

Last edited:

Forum List

Back