XL Pipeline Runs Right Through Obama's Ass

It's YouTube endorsed! :thup:

xl-1.png

Ironic, you mention 'community organizer' because the concern and heated debate has been going on in numerous 'communities' where the pipeline would actually be running through their 'asses'. And they wouldn't see any of those 'jobs'. To add to the irony is the lip service the right always gives to 'State's rights' and respect for local government...UNTIL..something like this comes along...THEN...you right wing turds want the feds to dictate...

The Feds 'dictate' only because the Feds insist on dictating. In earlier days, the feds never got involved. The pipeline is probably not going through any "communities." It's going almost entirely through empty private farmland. Every land owner in the right of way will get paid. I doubt they are going to object to getting paid big bucks to have a pipeline buried 15 feet under their wheat fields. After construction, no one would even know it's there if it weren't for the signs posted along the right-of-way showing where it is.

So your whine is totally basis. But when is that ever not the case with liberal complaints?

Permanent? That's difficult to ascertain because of the many companies that 'work it'. At the height of the pipeline boom, there were approximately 75,000 people employed which doesn't include peripheral jobs.
My educated guess is there are about 10,000 perm positions. Those jobs are available around the world, not concentrated in Alaska.

Source: My Daddy who is a sloper.

Even if they aren't "permanent," they will last for 10-15 years, which is a long time for a construction gig. A lot of people got very rich working on the Alaska pipeline.

Ironic, you mention 'community organizer' because the concern and heated debate has been going on in numerous 'communities' where the pipeline would actually be running through their 'asses'. And they wouldn't see any of those 'jobs'. To add to the irony is the lip service the right always gives to 'State's rights' and respect for local government...UNTIL..something like this comes along...THEN...you right wing turds want the feds to dictate...

The Feds 'dictate' only because the Feds insist on dictating. In earlier days, the feds never got involved. The pipeline is probably not going through any "communities." It's going almost entirely through empty private farmland. Every land owner in the right of way will get paid. I doubt they are going to object to getting paid big bucks to have a pipeline buried 15 feet under their wheat fields. After construction, no one would even know it's there if it weren't for the signs posted along the right-of-way showing where it is.

So your whine is totally basis. But when is that ever not the case with liberal complaints?

Is there anyone more obtuse than you on this planet?

Lawmaker: TransCanada bullied landowners

4eb88b1b9de1a.image.jpg

A Nebraska lawmaker says TransCanada bullied landowners into selling easements to their land in preparation to build the proposed Keystone XL oil pipeline, which would run through Nebraska's Sandhills region.

"We have clear evidence that TransCanada began threatening landowners in Holt County and other places as early as ... April of last year," Lincoln Sen. Bill Avery said Tuesday. "They do not have a permit yet. They did not have one then, and it was completely inappropriate for them to be using this kind of tactic with landowners."

The Judiciary Committee discussed a bill (LB3) by Avery that would require companies to have approval to build pipelines before initiating eminent domain actions to acquire land.

Lawmakers are in special session to consider giving Nebraska authority to say where the Keystone XL oil pipeline crosses the state. The special session was called by Gov. Dave Heineman in answer to growing public concern that TransCanada wants to run it pipeline through the Sandhills and over the massive Ogallala Aquifer, a source of irrigation and drinking water for a large swath of the central United States.

Read more: Lawmaker: TransCanada bullied landowners

Pipeline bill gets public hearing

4eb88b1d3bca9.image.jpg

Dozens of people testified -- some emotionally -- at a packed daylong hearing Monday at the Capitol as a proposal to give Nebraska authority to say where TransCanada's Keystone XL oil pipeline could go through the state got a public airing.

The Legislature's Natural Resources Committee listened to testimony on the the Major Oil Pipeline Siting Act (LB1), which was introduced by Sen. Annette Dubas of Fullerton.

Read more: Pipeline bill gets public hearing

A Nebraska lawmaker says TransCanada bullied landowners into selling easements to their land in preparation to build the proposed Keystone XL oil pipeline, which would run through Nebraska's Sandhills region.

"We have clear evidence that TransCanada began threatening landowners in Holt County and other places as early as ... April of last year," Lincoln Sen. Bill Avery said Tuesday. "They do not have a permit yet. They did not have one then, and it was completely inappropriate for them to be using this kind of tactic with landowners."

Let me get this straight: you expect us to believe what some politician says? Next you'll be telling us you accept Herman Cain's word that he didn't sexually harass anyone. Where is this proof? What form did this "bullying" take? without the power of eminent domain, TransCanada can't do shit to a land owner, and only government can grant that authority.

The fact that a gang of environmental nutburgers attended a hearing proves nothing.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

No points.

Thanks for playing!

Let me get this straight: you expect us to believe what some politician says? Next you'll be telling us you accept Herman Cain's word that he didn't sexually harass anyone. Where is this proof? What form did this "bullying" take? without the power of eminent domain, TransCanada can't do shit to a land owner, and only government can grant that authority.

The fact that a gang of environmental nutburgers attended a hearing proves nothing.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

No points.

Thanks for playing!

You are a real piece of work. When it's something you support, there is no such thing as too much government. When it's something you oppose, government is the big bad wolf.

BTW, did Oscar Wilde know you personally?

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde

So, how is this pipeline different from the one that the Obama admin approved and heralded in 2009? The one they then called "shovel-ready".

From the U.S. Dep't of State website:

(my bold highlights)

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.

Approval of the permit sends a positive economic signal, in a difficult economic period, about the future reliability and availability of a portion of United States’ energy imports, and in the immediate term, this shovel-ready project will provide construction jobs for workers in the United States.

Permit for Alberta Clipper Pipeline Issued

So, how is this pipeline different from the one that the Obama admin approved and heralded in 2009? The one they then called "shovel-ready".

(my bold highlights)

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.

Approval of the permit sends a positive economic signal, in a difficult economic period, about the future reliability and availability of a portion of United States’ energy imports, and in the immediate term, this shovel-ready project will provide construction jobs for workers in the United States.

well, from what i just read, this pipeline does not cross the USA and ALL concerned citizens and groups agreed to it being safe, environmentally.....

(my bold highlights)

well, from what i just read, this pipeline does not cross the USA and ALL concerned citizens and groups agreed to it being safe, environmentally.....

Alberta Clipper crosses the U.S. border as well as 3 states.

I proudly signed petitions AGAINST the XL keystone pipeline. It wasnt beneficial. It would make our gas prices go up. AND! our people would not see very much of the refined oil. This is really bad for farmers. These pipelines come with danger that we dont need. think im wrong? Read: Key Facts on Keystone XL | Tar Sands Action

How about California stop exporting agricultural products? Think of all the pollution from tractors, equipment, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers. You're a short-sighted selfish idiot.

And that link- left wing environmental tripe.

I proudly signed petitions AGAINST the XL keystone pipeline. It wasnt beneficial. It would make our gas prices go up. AND! our people would not see very much of the refined oil. This is really bad for farmers. These pipelines come with danger that we dont need. think im wrong? Read: Key Facts on Keystone XL | Tar Sands Action

How about California stop exporting agricultural products? Think of all the pollution from tractors, equipment, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers. You're a short-sighted selfish idiot.

How exactly does that make me a "short-sighted selfish idiot"?? Also, I never said nothing else was causing pollution. If you need to resort to immature name calling to make a point then you have some growing up to do, sir.

i proudly signed petitions against the xl keystone pipeline. It wasnt beneficial. It would make our gas prices go up. And! Our people would not see very much of the refined oil. This is really bad for farmers. These pipelines come with danger that we dont need. Think im wrong? Read: key facts on keystone xl | tar sands action

how about california stop exporting agricultural products? Think of all the pollution from tractors, equipment, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers. You're a short-sighted selfish idiot.

how exactly does that make me a "short-sighted selfish idiot"?? Also, i never said nothing else was causing pollution. If you need to resort to immature name calling to make a point then you have some growing up to do, sir.

They call me MR. SIR!

As you've said, you don't contribute to pollution- and this gives you a podium from which to dictate the lifestyles of others?

Nothing in this world is without risk, but I'm not about to live a subsistence lifestyle for the sake of insuring a pristine world for flora and fauna.

And you may not want or even need petroleum, but currently it's what allows the rest of us to work and live above caveman status.

how about california stop exporting agricultural products? Think of all the pollution from tractors, equipment, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers. You're a short-sighted selfish idiot.

how exactly does that make me a "short-sighted selfish idiot"?? Also, i never said nothing else was causing pollution. If you need to resort to immature name calling to make a point then you have some growing up to do, sir.

They call me MR. SIR!

As you've said, you don't contribute to pollution- and this gives you a podium from which to dictate the lifestyles of others?

Nothing in this world is without risk, but I'm not about to live a subsistence lifestyle for the sake of insuring a pristine world for flora and fauna.

And you may not want or even need petroleum, but currently it's what allows the rest of us to work and live above caveman status.

I am certainly not on a podium dictating other peoples lives.
Im not sure how you got that thought into your small mind. Oh and believe it or not, we need plants and animals for this planet to survive. So obviously, they need to survive. If something kills them, we die. That might be too hard for you to understand.

The talking points from amatuer 'environmentalists' are disturbingly unfair and lots are untrue.
Radical environmentalists can't stop oil sands production, so they rally and whoha against pipelines. There are thousands of pipelines through America....by all standards, this Keystone is set to be exceptionally safe, and has addressed the resevoir contamination issues by being re routed.
Obama's decision to kill this safe and friendly energy from Canada is deeply disappointing to P.M. Stephen Harper, and no less the Canadian people and U.S. citizens who would have benefitted from thousands manufacturing and related jobs from the pipeline.
Privately funded energy, that is absolutely needed and not 'tax payer' funded, Obama has seemed to have sided with the 'affluent elite' instead of good paying jobs for thousands on this one......he seems to do that alot...
It's unfortunate.....Canada has the largest production of oil outside OPEC. And Canada does not maim and kill women and children, gays, adulterers, behead Americans....
Almost as equally unfortunate about Obama's decision......the respect between two of the worlds friendliest and biggest trading partners...

This is a good place to find out some 'truths' about Canada oil sands...

Canada's Oil Sands - Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers

(my bold highlights)

Here, let me help you.

U.S. Department of State

'...crude oil pipeline from Hardisty, Alberta, Canada, to Superior, Wisconsin....

Forum List

Back