WTF is wrong with these churches that open to hold sermons?

oh---you are dictating
Not in the least, quite the opposite. No one should be dictating. We are all free to do what we believe best in the long run.

where is it that public health laws do not apply. Would Jesus support your notion?
where is it that public health laws do not apply. Would Jesus support your notion?
the christians are very concerned in congress - by deleting any liability laws that will cause them an inconvenience when ignoring guidelines for public safety.

Would Jesus support your notion?
Jesus touched lepers, and had no trouble with groups of them approaching him. No word on whether he had them wear masks, or donned one himself. ;)
Jesus touched lepers, and had no trouble with groups of them approaching him. No word on whether he had them wear masks, or donned one himself.
they were not leper themself ... the risk was theirs alone.

hopefully quarantined till next meeting w/ their congregation.

Would Jesus support your notion?
Jesus touched lepers, and had no trouble with groups of them approaching him. No word on whether he had them wear masks, or donned one himself. ;)

what makes you imagine that leprosy is infectious on a SNEEZE? What makes you IMAGINE that there would be a problem with Jesus "touching" a leper since he was acting as a HEALER? Does it state that he did not bother to take a bath after healing the lepers? ----seems to me that he was big on BAPTISM. You are very confused regarding the issue of quarantine.

oh---you are dictating
Not in the least, quite the opposite. No one should be dictating. We are all free to do what we believe best in the long run.

the christians are very concerned in congress - by deleting any liability laws that will cause them an inconvenience when ignoring guidelines for public safety.

huh? what laws were "deleted"?

A perfect example why you should wear a mask, don't you care about others, I know you do, so wear a mask.
Spreading fear is not loving others. Example: Students at school who were not feeling well walking right into my arms...sneezing, coughing, vomiting. Do you believe I should have quickly placed them at arms length, covered my face and theirs, because after all, if they gave me the cold/flu I would be spreading it to others? Or, do you believe I should have comforted those children and made them feel valued for who they are, not feared or despised as a young bag of germs? Or, what about young teachers who think they will be alright, but end up quietly vomiting into their wastepaper basket. Do I refuse to take over their germy desk, phone, computer, and classroom or do I step in so that teacher can leave?

You might say, "That is just cold/flu--not covid", but I say illness is illness and I am not going to allow any illness to instill fear in me. And that means when an older person drops something and needs a hand, yes, I breach social distancing to lend a hand with a heavy burden while some look on disapprovingly.

Penelope, it is who I am, someone who has been in the making for at least twenty years. I will be the last who goes running and screaming away from those who are--or just might possibly be--ill. Maybe both sides have a part to play today, so let's let it be.

By the way, one set of my great-great grandparents lived through a typhoid epidemic. The entire family was infected, they lost a twelve-year-old daughter. The rest of the family was still recovering three days later. It was the youngest child's birthday...and the house burned down. I have yet to live through something like that, and often think of it when I think I am having a bad day.

your reply is silly-----as a TEACHER you SHOULD have removed the sick kid from the classroom. VIRUSES spread around in kids with the speed of light. You seem to want to make yourself a HEROINE for caring for a sick child-------DUH-----we all done that. After working all day in a hospital-----I, GENERALLY. TOOK A BATH

That is what it is. No one wears a mask at home. I just hope you don't spread it, and you just might.
Someone would have to spread it to me first....which means the virus is out there doing what viruses do. I refuse to live in fear of it and see no need to. On the other hand, if so much as an allergy causes me to sneeze, I would wear a mask when going to the store so as not to cause undo worry. My heart goes out to those who are so fearful, but those of us who are not should set our own example.
I'm not fearful of the virus. So you wear a mask at the store, good for you and for everyone else. You are likely to spread it to someone else if you do not wear a mask when among others.

oh---you are dictating

Mitch McConnell Wants to Shield Companies From Liability in Coronavirus-Related Suits

WASHINGTON—Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told Republican lawmakers on a private call that he wants to shield companies from liability over pandemic-related suits and doesn’t support including an infrastructure package in a coronavirus relief bill,

it's either delete the liability laws or no more stimulus ... $1200.00 ck.

tramp is all in w/ mc-connell both at request of the evangelicals ...

WOW...

The first Amendment doesn't just go away... No state and No leader can enforce that kind of lockdown.

They Choose to worship together and they knew the risks. Its called personal responsibility.

What I find disgusting are those who do not believe in God snubbing their noses at those of us who do. Put your heads back up your asses and fight for air..
God will protect them, is a bunch of BS.
IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS , THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES
DEMON SPIRIT OF LIES AND BLASPHEMY BE STILL

AS IT IS WRITTEN, THE DEVIL IS A LIAR AND THE FATHER OF LIES

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you,
not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:9

What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known,
endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?

Romans 9:22

Churches are realizing that people can get by in life without grovelling in front of an imaginary sky pixie...

We can't have that. The Imaginary Sky Pixie is really needy.

I would say it will be the non-believers who will be groveling. Believers still want churches to pray and worship God in, but can't do it right now. It's due to the "god of the world and the prince of the power of the air" that has you under his influence.

God creates evil and good.

Wrong.
Its in the OT. God says he creates evil as well as good.

Look closely at the entire verse. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of peace. Man is responsible for the absence of peace. Man is responsible for the evil in this world.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
I create evil. Look at Job in the beginning, God gives Satan permission. You can try and spin it anyway you want, but it says he creates evil.
God giving permission for Job to be tempted is not creating evil. When God created light, darkness came into being because the absence of light is darkness. When God gave man free will, it was inevitable some men would choose evil. God, in His infinite wisdom, didn't want robots. He wanted men to come FREELY to Him...which then made evil possible. That's not spin....it's fact. Context is everything.

The community health comes before your individual freedom.
A good argument can be made that overall community health depends on individual freedom. Ever read The Giver?
No, have you read Jacobson verses MA? I didn't think so:
Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court upheld the authority of states to enforce compulsory vaccination laws. The Court's decision articulated the view that individual liberty is not absolute and is subject to the police power of the state.
Jacobson v. Massachusetts - Wikipedia

Are you pro choice??

I have seen the Giver a long time ago. Its fantasy, Jacobson V. Ma is real.
That was in 1905. A lot has changed since then. Heck there is one law that makes forced sterilization legal for "idiots". Individual liberties have been winning the day on these issues.
Yet the republicans in TX used it for abortion since the covid. That law stands. There is no individual liberty , you break the law and go to jail. You have to pay taxes, not consume alcohol while driving, don't steal, don't murder, etc.

Why is all the above, because its good for society. It intrudes on other's life and liberty.
Yep, they used the law for abortion purposes. That's very narrow...according to the court. But forced vaccinations is another story. Especially since 98 percent of the population recovers without a vaccine. It will be tested in court just like the lock-down orders are being tested now.

Wrong. Atheists are usually wrong. God created free will. You create evil or good df.
I don't agree, God creates evil. There is no Satan, God does it all according to scriptures.
Penelope sez: "God creates evil. There is no Satan, God does it all according to scriptures."​
Your misinterpretation of the Good Book is noted.
You misinterpretation of the scriptures is highly noted, and you are a Christian??

So then he has mercy on whomever he chooses, and he hardens the heart of whomever he chooses (Romans 9:18)

According to you God is not all that powerful.

You quote that passage without understanding. That's taking things out of context.

Churches are realizing that people can get by in life without grovelling in front of an imaginary sky pixie...

We can't have that. The Imaginary Sky Pixie is really needy.

Why do you care?

I believe just the opposite, people realize that they feel better, are more optimistic after attending the church of their choice. I find the time helps me to decompress, meditate, and I come away with a joyful heart.

If you look upon yourself as being the highest power, good for you! As for me, I'll be a bit more humble. I won't push my faith on you. Why do you feel it necessary to push your heathenism on me?

Wrong. Atheists are usually wrong. God created free will. You create evil or good df.
I don't agree, God creates evil. There is no Satan, God does it all according to scriptures.
Penelope sez: "God creates evil. There is no Satan, God does it all according to scriptures."​
You misinterpretation of the scriptures is highly noted, and you are a Christian??

So then he has mercy on whomever he chooses, and he hardens the heart of whomever he chooses (Romans 9:18)

You're perverse and a liar.
You have shown you are double-minded.

So God is not all that powerful? and Romans 19 is a lie, good to know, then the whole of scriptures is one big lie.
That's a silly comment. God is most certainly all powerful. That He chooses not to exercise His power in certain situations is His business.

WOW...

The first Amendment doesn't just go away... No state and No leader can enforce that kind of lockdown.

They Choose to worship together and they knew the risks. Its called personal responsibility.

What I find disgusting are those who do not believe in God snubbing their noses at those of us who do. Put your heads back up your asses and fight for air..
God will protect them, is a bunch of BS.
IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS , THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES
DEMON SPIRIT OF LIES AND BLASPHEMY BE STILL

AS IT IS WRITTEN, THE DEVIL IS A LIAR AND THE FATHER OF LIES

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you,
not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:9

What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known,
endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?

Romans 9:22

Bla , bla, and bla some more.

You quote that passage without understanding. That's taking things out of context.
I know fully ware of what it means, he hardens hearts like yours.

Not true.

2 Corinthians 2:11
Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
There is no Satan.
The community health comes before your individual freedom.
A good argument can be made that overall community health depends on individual freedom. Ever read The Giver?
No, have you read Jacobson verses MA? I didn't think so:
Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court upheld the authority of states to enforce compulsory vaccination laws. The Court's decision articulated the view that individual liberty is not absolute and is subject to the police power of the state.
Jacobson v. Massachusetts - Wikipedia

Are you pro choice??

I have seen the Giver a long time ago. Its fantasy, Jacobson V. Ma is real.
That was in 1905. A lot has changed since then. Heck there is one law that makes forced sterilization legal for "idiots". Individual liberties have been winning the day on these issues.
Yet the republicans in TX used it for abortion since the covid. That law stands. There is no individual liberty , you break the law and go to jail. You have to pay taxes, not consume alcohol while driving, don't steal, don't murder, etc.

Why is all the above, because its good for society. It intrudes on other's life and liberty.
Yep, they used the law for abortion purposes. That's very narrow...according to the court. But forced vaccinations is another story. Especially since 98 percent of the population recovers without a vaccine. It will be tested in court just like the lock-down orders are being tested now.
and you freaks demand your freedom. what a hoot.

You are not a Christain, you are just a zealot.

Good for them. That will teach them!!

They got what they deserved!!
As will you ...sooner then you know

I may, if you don't wear a mask and social distance.
Only where its required of me, otherwise I don't nor haven't
Stay in the fucking house then if you're that afraid

So you are a Christian, endangering all in your site. What a Christian man you are , NOT!!

Forum List

Back