Wow... $3.5 billion for the post office to handle 235 million eligible votes... or over $60/ ballot returned by mail...

$14 per ballot for the US Post office to handle the Junk Mail voting.
The US has 332,527,548 people of which 255,533,643 are over age 18 BUT only 235,096,816 are eligible to vote...i.e. prisoners, etc..

Now how many people WILL actually be voting?
In 2016 138,847,000 votes cast out of 250,056,000 population

So using the same number of votes cast the cost of the JUNK-Mail voting JUST from the USPost office... $25 per mail in ballot.

Between 2012 and 2018, 28.3 million mail-in ballots remain unaccounted for, according to data from the federal Election Assistance Commission. The missing ballots amount to nearly one in five of all absentee ballots and ballots mailed to voters residing in states that do elections exclusively by mail.
But PILF obtained voter data from Oregon, the first state to adopt voting by mail exclusively, for the 2012 and 2018 elections and checked it against census data. Of the 7 million ballots the state sent out in those two elections, some 871,000 ballots are totally unaccounted for.
57.2 million in 2016,
!
So based on the above number 57.2 million mail in ballots or at the cost of $3.5 billion divided by 57.2 million or a cost of $60.55 per mailed in ballot.
Simple solution: don't allow mail-in voting.
More specifically don't allow JUNK Mail voting which is when no culling, no discarding of ballots actual ballots mailed out in mass.
Absentee which I've done for 20 years in FL happens when I request an absentee ballot. Before I request though I am asked by election office do I still live at the address. If I don't logically the election office doesn't send. That is the MAJOR difference! Don't mail a ballot unless requested and addressee lives at the address. That simple.

Well there's a new one in the history of authoritarianism. Apparently democracy is now too expensive. Letting politicians pick their voters turns out to be pretty expensive too.

You seriously think that was the point of the OP? How stupid are you? This is why I just insult you morons so much. You're the dumbest people on the planet. You really are

Well there's a new one in the history of authoritarianism. Apparently democracy is now too expensive. Letting politicians pick their voters turns out to be pretty expensive too.
As opposed to letting them use your own money to cheat an election right?
Trump and the right have yet to produce compelling evidence that mail-in voting is actually prone to abuse on the scale necessary to makethe slightest difference in the outcome of a national election. They just say shit and you believe it.

Trump isn't against mail in voting, never was.

This is so funny how you said, "They just say shit and you believe it" in a post you parroted the Democrat party line and misrepresented Trump's position. Is there anything Democrats could say you'd question? LOL, I'm kidding. I know the answer is of course not

You too lazy to go to the polls on election day?
I live in a tiny Florida county where I will not have to stand in line for hours in the cold like people in certain neighborhoods always seem to end up doing. That was the old way of suppressing the vote. Just make sure people who have to work all day did not have enough voting machines and make them wait an insultingly long time. Then there was early voting and it helped. Republicans fought that one too. The long history of suppressing the minority vote makes this latest angle just more of the same terribly familiar tactic.

It's pretty funny how you assume that if voting is harder Democrats won't bother to do it in greater numbers than Republicans. I guess you think the quest for free shit is less an incentive to vote than wanting to avoid being robbed at gunpoint

As opposed to letting them use your own money to cheat an election right?
Trump and the right have yet to produce compelling evidence that mail-in voting is actually prone to abuse on the scale necessary to makethe slightest difference in the outcome of a national election. They just say shit and you believe it.
Wrong. They did a test in NY and it was an utter disaster.

You too lazy to go to the polls on election day?
I live in a tiny Florida county where I will not have to stand in line for hours in the cold like people in certain neighborhoods always seem to end up doing. That was the old way of suppressing the vote. Just make sure people who have to work all day did not have enough voting machines and make them wait an insultingly long time. Then there was early voting and it helped. Republicans fought that one too. The long history of suppressing the minority vote makes this latest angle just more of the same terribly familiar tactic.

You are a lazy person who is either too dumb or too lazy to do the voting via ABSENTEE!

That is total bullcrap! I've lived in Florida for 25 years and voted ABSENTEE in over a dozen elections and never had a problem.
Here is what you do...

Now I know that the below Florida Absentee voting process is a bit tedious (for your lack of acumen..tedious being hard to comprehend...)
but here is the very complicated process that Trump and I have had to do for several years in voting absentee in Florida.
And of course here is the link to substantiate the STEPS:

Below are the actual regulations regarding Absentee voting in Florida.
It is a two step process far more complex and secure that "Junk Mail-Voting"
First you have to request to vote Absentee and comply with these requirements:
Request a Vote-by-Mail Ballot
Requests for vote-by-mail ballots must be received in your local Supervisor of Elections office no later than 5:00 pm on the 10th day before an election.

Contact your local Supervisor of Elections to request a vote-by-mail ballot.
You may request a vote-by-mail ballot in person, by mail, email, fax or by phone.
Only the voter or a designated member or his or her immediate family or legal guardian can request a vote-by-mail ballot for the voter.
Immediate family means the designee’s spouse, parent, child, grandparent or sibling of the designee or of the designee’s spouse.
As a voter requesting a vote-by-mail ballot you must provide your:
name
address
date of birth
signature (written requests only)
If an immediate family member or legal guardian is requesting a vote-by-mail ballot for you, that person must provide above information about the voter as well as the following:
Requester's name
Requester's address
Requester's driver's license number (if available)
Requester's relationship to voter
Requester's signature (written requests only)
Now once you have qualified for an Absentee vote:
The Voting a Mail Ballot Procedures
Your marked ballot must be mailed or delivered in person, reaching the Supervisor of Elections’ office not later than 7:00 pm on the day of the election.
Do not return your voted mail ballot to a polling place.*
You may designate someone to pick up your vote-by-mail ballot on Election Day or 9 days before Election Day.
The designee may only pick up 2 vote-by-mail ballots per election, other than his or her own ballot or ballots for members of his or her immediate family.
Designees must have written authorization from the voter, present a picture I.D. and sign an affidavit.
Candidates may pick up vote-by-mail ballots only for members of their immediate family.
If you decide to go to the polls to vote instead of voting by mail, you should bring the vote-by-mail ballot (marked or not) with you so that it can be cancelled at the polls.
If you come to the polls without the vote-by-mail ballot, you can vote a regular ballot if the Supervisor of Elections' office can confirm that it has not received the vote-by-mail ballot. If it is confirmed that the Supervisor of Elections office has received the vote-by-mail ballot or it cannot be determined, you cannot vote a regular ballot at the polls.
However, if you believe that you have not already voted, you will be allowed to vote a provisional ballot.
A vote-by-mail ballot can be dropped off at designated secure drop boxes located at early voting sites during the election.
Please contact your local Supervisor of Elections or refer to their website for the locations of all the vote-by-mail ballot secure drop boxes in your county.
I walk in the supervisor of elections office and I vote in a matter of minutes. If you had to stand in line for two or more hours to vote you'd be a pissed off MFer.
Are you telling me you are recognized by the Supervisor of Elections and HE personally provides you a ballot which you then hand to him?
You don't place the ballot in secured box? You simply hand it to the Supervisor of Elections?
To me that Supervisor should be charged with election manipulation!

Forum List

Back