Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Other, see comment.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

longly

VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you submit to a military draft?

This is a question for the young people on this board. It is only one question but I am very curious what the results will be. The question is would you submit to a military draft? Before you rush to answer you need to think about some things. The government can only make laws that the people are willing to obey. They can’t arrest everyone. But once you submit you no longer have control of your future. Someone else decides if you live or die. It has to be that way for the military to work effectively. There has to be a command structure.

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
I think one would need to know the war and what the cause for the War and WIN was, and where they were at in their lives at the time of the draft, like whether they were just married with a wife with bun in the oven, or in the last year of Med School etc, before they could give a sound and honest answer to that question....

Norman

Gold Member
Reaction score
To defend a real American nation...

To defend a feminist shithole that has no good values... not.

fncceo

Gold Member
Reaction score
The draft is an antiquated idea and no one is seriously considering bringing it back.

Wars are no longer fought by millions of men storming beaches or facing each other across vast battlefields. Modern warfare is small, mobile, and fought by men and women who are tougher and smarter than your average soldier of the past.

In World War II, only 40% of draftees had graduated high school. So many were functionally illiterate that the military had to include basic reading into the boot camp curriculum.

JWBooth

Gold Member
Reaction score

This is a question for the young people on this board. It is only one question but I am very curious what the results will be. The question is would you submit to a military draft? Before you rush to answer you need to think about some things. The government can only make laws that the people are willing to obey. They can’t arrest everyone. But once you submit you no longer have control of your future. Someone else decides if you live or die. It has to be that way for the military to work effectively. There has to be a command structure.

I did my time before you were born and raised my children to disdain the military.

JWBooth

Gold Member
Reaction score
The draft is an antiquated idea and no one is seriously considering bringing it back.

Wars are no longer fought by millions of men storming beaches or facing each other across vast battlefields. Modern warfare is small, mobile, and fought by men and women who are tougher and smarter than your average soldier of the past.

In World War II, only 40% of draftees had graduated high school. So many were functionally illiterate that the military had to include basic reading into the boot camp curriculum.
Involuntary servitude.

iceberg

Gold Member
Reaction score
back in the 80s when i turned legal age, i registered. if called upon, you go.

that's how we protect the ability to attack what we have.

sparky

Gold Member
Reaction score

wasn't a volly army Nixon's idea?

~S~

fncceo

Gold Member
Reaction score

wasn't a volly army Nixon's idea?

~S~
So was peace with China.

mdk

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I would submit. If my country is in grave danger and needs me to defend it. I will.

Mr Clean

Gold Member
Reaction score
There’d be far fewer military escapades if we had a draft.

g5000

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I volunteered. 20+ years.

If my sons were drafted, it would all depend on the war and why it was started.

If I felt it was bullshit, I would personally drive my sons to Canada.

If it was because of an attack on Pearl Harbor, I would personally drive my sons to the draft office.

BlackFlag

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would submit. If my country is in grave danger and needs me to defend it. I will.
^ this. Now, if it’s something like to maintain a favorable price of oil or as an excuse to feed money to defense contractors, no.

sparky

Gold Member
Reaction score
I honestly couldn't spell most of the countries our military's rode into , or bombed in the last few decades .

~S~

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days