.Would you submit to a military draft?

• I would resist.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I would submit.

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Other, see comment.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
The draft is an antiquated idea and no one is seriously considering bringing it back.

Wars are no longer fought by millions of men storming beaches or facing each other across vast battlefields. Modern warfare is small, mobile, and fought by men and women who are tougher and smarter than your average soldier of the past.

In World War II, only 40% of draftees had graduated high school. So many were functionally illiterate that the military had to include basic reading into the boot camp curriculum.

That sound like wishful thinking. One thing that one should learn from studying war is that the only thing that one can be sure of is that one can’t sure of anything. Any adversary we may have in the future will do whatever it takes to win, especially if we fight the Russians. No matter how good your troops are with enough numbers the enemy can overwhelmed them.

I have heard it call involuntary servitude if a draft is involuntary servitude so is paying taxes. A draft is just a tax that is paid in the form if service instead of money. During the civil war a rich man could legally pay another man to take his place in the army.

You ever wonder what the draft registration percentage would be I f many states did not automatically register their young men?

I’m 72 and if called I would still go. I did viet nam in the 60’ I’d do it again.

Would you submit to a military draft?

This is a question for the young people on this board. It is only one question but I am very curious what the results will be. The question is would you submit to a military draft? Before you rush to answer you need to think about some things. The government can only make laws that the people are willing to obey. They can’t arrest everyone. But once you submit you no longer have control of your future. Someone else decides if you live or die. It has to be that way for the military to work effectively. There has to be a command structure.

No, you decide if you will live or die by paying close attention to your training or screwing around. A very small percentage of personnel ever see combat and those who do, have the best medical care in the world ready and waiting. We didn't need a draft after 9/11. Pick righteous fights and you'll get all the volunteers you need. Draftees as a rule, are shit soldiers....All volunteer is the way to go.

If we ever end up in a war with china or russia do you believe we could generate the forces needed with an all volunteer army? The draft needs to always be an option.

Forum List

Back