Would you pee yourself to avoid being kicked off an airplane?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
In the latest on the air wars here in America (airlines abusing their passengers), there is yet another one.

Seems that an aircraft had to stay on the tarmac and wait, so after about 30 min, a guy asked if he could use the restroom. He was told "no" because they were preparing for takeoff and he would have to wait.

Well, apparently, his bladder was about to burst, so he jumped up, went to the bathroom, and went back to his seat. The airline then taxied back to the loading dock and he was kicked off.

Delta passenger kicked off flight after using restroom

Apparently, it's actually an FAA law that says when the remain seated light is on, you actually have to remain in your seat. It's illegal to do otherwise.

So, my question is..................what do you think of this one? Should the guy have wet himself and remained on the aircraft? Should he have been thrown off?

Looks like another thing you should bring with you on the aircraft is a bottle to pee in, so that when they stay on the runway, you don't get thrown off.

Seriously though.................do you think that it was right for the airline to kick this guy off the plane? And, if this guy had wet himself to keep his seat, what do you think the airline would have done then?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Dude should have followed the rules. We dotn fuck around with planes anymore.
We cant make exceptions for people. For one "im about to piss myself" could mean "I got to take this stick of dynamite out of my ass"

We cant make exceptions for people. For one "im about to piss myself" could mean "I got to take this stick of dynamite out of my ass"

How much worse do you think the airlines would have treated him if he'd wet himself? What do you think they would have done if he grabbed an empty bottle, whipped it out and took care of business in the seat?

It's an almost impossible situation to be in.

How much worse do you think the airlines would have treated him if he'd wet himself? What do you think they would have done if he grabbed an empty bottle, whipped it out and took care of business in the seat?

They cant do anything over someone wetting themselves without a lawsuit.

They cant do anything over someone wetting themselves without a lawsuit.

Hey, they might try to say he was drunk, or they might say that he was destroying their seat by peeing on it, or they could say that he was being disruptive by peeing.

Like I said..............damned if you do, damned if you don't.

In the latest on the air wars here in America (airlines abusing their passengers), there is yet another one.

Seems that an aircraft had to stay on the tarmac and wait, so after about 30 min, a guy asked if he could use the restroom. He was told "no" because they were preparing for takeoff and he would have to wait.

Well, apparently, his bladder was about to burst, so he jumped up, went to the bathroom, and went back to his seat. The airline then taxied back to the loading dock and he was kicked off.

Delta passenger kicked off flight after using restroom

Apparently, it's actually an FAA law that says when the remain seated light is on, you actually have to remain in your seat. It's illegal to do otherwise.

So, my question is..................what do you think of this one? Should the guy have wet himself and remained on the aircraft? Should he have been thrown off?

Looks like another thing you should bring with you on the aircraft is a bottle to pee in, so that when they stay on the runway, you don't get thrown off.
Another example of the direction of customer service in general.

As you pointed out, this is a federal regulation, so ultimately, this is the result of big government once again intruding and causing problems that don't need to exist.

I've had a number of flights were I'm jumping on the next connection. You can't pee when you're descending and maybe the whole flight if there's weather. Ultimately nature must win.

Would you pee yourself to avoid being kicked off an airplane?

No! Peeing out of desperate depravity? WTH? No. Just no. I wouldn't even think of it as something to consider which I could then decide against.

I once spent over 2 hours on the runway waiting for clearance to take off. Many of us complained that they should have taken us back to the terminal, where we could, at least wait in relative comfort, for the traffic jam to be resolved. They refused. If I had known that all I had to do was to go the the restroom, and they would return to the terminal, it would have saved us all a lot of discomfort.

Those barf bags are waterproof.....
Filler up and hand it to the stewardess.

Now, there's a solution that I would have never thought of. Thank you!

And, you could avoid being accused of indecent exposure by covering yourself with a blanket!

Or you could yell at the top of your lungs....Turn Your Head I'm Releasing The Willy!!!!!
.....they were warned.

what do you think of this one?

• I think that if one flies enough, one will eventually find "nature calling" while the fasten seatbelt sign is on.
  • This isn't a matter of what I think...I know airline crews "lose all 'common sense' and reasonableness" during taxi, takeoff and landing. They just do not, without consequence, allow people to get out of their seats in those periods of the flight
  • Airlines and the FAA/DOT need to have a clearly understood and well communicated to passengers procedure for what happens in situations like Mr. Hamilton's.

Should the guy have wet himself and remained on the aircraft?
No. He should have "whipped it out" and peed on the floor, not himself, if after informing of the crewmember of urgency of his need and that it up to the flight attendant as to whether he peed on the floor or in the restroom and, in reply, received the response that amounts to "stay in your seat."

DOT laws stipulate that upon being instructed to remain in their seat, passengers must do so. Fine, men certainly can remain in their seat and pee on the floor. Maybe women can too? (If they can't, they should probably file a discrimination lawsuit to force a clearer and more humane approach to dealing with situations like Mr. Hamilton's.)

I know peeing on the floor sounds gross, and it is, but grosser things have happened on planes. People occasionally are just sitting there and die on a plane. No "drama;" they just die. You know what they do with the dead body? If there are no empty rows to which it can be moved, they leave it there until the plane lands. When one dies, muscles cease to be taught, and relaxed muscles no longer keep things in. Someone peeing on the floor is far less disgusting and equally unpreventable if one really can't wait.

Should he have been thrown off?

I would say "no," however, I'm not an airline flight crew employee. More importantly, I'm one of the people whose principles say that laws and rules exist to guide, not to define, the behavior of individuals who oversee their implementation, application and enforcement. I feel that way about all rules; I don't care how good a rule be 97% of the time, for every rule there comes the 3% of times when following/enforcing the rule is wrong, stupid, whatever....Is "suddenly" needing to relieve oneself among the 3%? On some occasions it is and others it isn't; the flight crewmember(s) has to exercise good judgement, which requires s/he have a very good intellect, in assessing whether any given instance of that is among the 3%.

Is Mr. Hamilton's situation part of the 3% of times when the rules should be ignored? I don't know; I wasn't there and I know there are details that didn't make it into the news story. Based on the news story's content, Mr. Hamilton's situation seems to me like it may have been part of the 3%.

From the article:
Delta released the following statement Wednesday: "Our flight crews are extensively trained to ensure the safety and security of all customers. It is imperative that passengers comply with crew instructions during all phases of flight, especially at the critical points of takeoff and landing."​
Well, that's all well and good, but it really doesn't speak to the situation which every human being can fully empathize. That is such a "vacuously deflective non-answer" that Delta ought to be fined $500K for having given it in response to being queried about the matter and its policy. All they needed to do with provide a direct answer to the question.

From my POV, the plane was still on the ground, even though it was headed to the takeoff point. That plane could have done the same thing many a "pressed" car driver does: pull over.

Last edited:
Agreed about following the rules, but the fact remains, when a person has to pee, they have to pee.

The FAA requires all passengers to be seated and strapped when moving the aircraft. Fine. Stop the aircraft, make an announcement that "John Smith" or whatever the fuck his name is, didn't follow his mother's advice and will now inconvenience everyone by going to pee.

Let him pee. If the airline is late and people miss their connections, let them blame "John Smith" or whatever his name is.

...This isn't a matter of what I think...I know airline crews "lose all 'common sense' and reasonableness" during taxi, takeoff and landing. They just do not, without consequence, allow people to get out of their seats in those periods of the flight...
Interesting. How do you know this? Why do you think those fucking ***** and assholes "lose all common sense"?

Forum List

Back