Worst case scenario - oil spill

Obama's Lawyers will fix everything Ravi. Only a week late out of the gate. No problem. ;););)
I've no idea what you think Obama could have done...I don't think anyone can really do much of anything if this is as bad as the link in the OP says. I don't even blame BP...I blame decades of letting the oil companies regulate themselves because so many voters in this country are convinced that regulation equals communism.

(sorry Xo!)

But go right ahead and blame Obama, I could care less...if this leads to more grown up thought over potential country destroying insanity I'm sure it will be blame well spent, however deluded.

I think Obama could take a crack at acting Presidential. This is the time for damage control and repairing the breach, not pointing fingers. Slow out of the gate Ravi, that is an observation, not a condemnation. Pointing fingers, diverting blame, at this point is a waste of time. School's over, this is deal with it with everything at your disposal time, it has been that from the start.
Slow out of the gate at what? Telling us life as we know it is probably over? Controlling the wind? Controlling the gulf stream? Swimming down five thousand feet and inserting a cork?

These people are desperately trying to get out of the echoes of "Drill, baby, Drill". At the stated rate of flow, this is catastrophe. Given that this could be much larger than that flow, we may see a disaster of the proportions to completely change the political climate of this nation.

We have had one party that has totally said "NO" to the idea of alternative energies. One party that has supported coal and petroleum when it would have made much more sense to use alternatives.

While the other party has not been very aggressive in pushing for alternatives and energy independence, it has done slightly better.

After the first hurricane of the season stirs this bitter brew in the Gulf, and the people there see the devastation, the "Drill, baby, Drill" party may find itself in dissaray.

Well, we now see another mindless Conservative slogan down the tube.

Bring it On!

Mission Successful!

Dead or Alive!

Deth panels!

Drill, baby, Drill!

what about like your buddy Chris' motto: "Spill baby Spill." How proud you must be to have that fuckstain on your side.

How do you think the Oil Spill will effect Octopus Populations?

:razz:

they will mutate and grow tits.

I've no idea what you think Obama could have done...I don't think anyone can really do much of anything if this is as bad as the link in the OP says. I don't even blame BP...I blame decades of letting the oil companies regulate themselves because so many voters in this country are convinced that regulation equals communism.

(sorry Xo!)

But go right ahead and blame Obama, I could care less...if this leads to more grown up thought over potential country destroying insanity I'm sure it will be blame well spent, however deluded.

I think Obama could take a crack at acting Presidential. This is the time for damage control and repairing the breach, not pointing fingers. Slow out of the gate Ravi, that is an observation, not a condemnation. Pointing fingers, diverting blame, at this point is a waste of time. School's over, this is deal with it with everything at your disposal time, it has been that from the start.
Slow out of the gate at what? Telling us life as we know it is probably over? Controlling the wind? Controlling the gulf stream? Swimming down five thousand feet and inserting a cork?

That's a good start Ravi. ;) Admission rather than denial. Remember substance over image, and you and Barry will both do fine. It's a new start for the both of you, so try not to blow it, in Barry's case within the next 24 hours, in your case, the next time you post. ;):):)

Though your cork idea seems impressive on the surface, it's misplaced, stick to what you know. ;) Let's hear from the experts on what is doable. ;) If we are playing end days, sign's from Revelation, we are all on the same ride.

These people are desperately trying to get out of the echoes of "Drill, baby, Drill". At the stated rate of flow, this is catastrophe. Given that this could be much larger than that flow, we may see a disaster of the proportions to completely change the political climate of this nation.

We have had one party that has totally said "NO" to the idea of alternative energies. One party that has supported coal and petroleum when it would have made much more sense to use alternatives.

While the other party has not been very aggressive in pushing for alternatives and energy independence, it has done slightly better.

After the first hurricane of the season stirs this bitter brew in the Gulf, and the people there see the devastation, the "Drill, baby, Drill" party may find itself in dissaray.

Read my signatures.... over the past couple weeks I have been putting your AGW gods on it.... The latest one should be real telling of the way it works...

Look below and read it.....

That's a good start Ravi. ;) Admission rather than denial. Remember substance over image, and you and Barry will both do fine. It's a new start for the both of you, so try not to blow it, in Barry's case within the next 24 hours, in your case, the next time you post. ;):):)

Though your cork idea seems impressive on the surface, it's misplaced, stick to what you know. ;) Let's hear from the experts on what is doable. ;) If we are playing end days, sign's from Revelation, we are all on the same ride.
Oh, jeesh, I forgot you were one of those nutty bible thumpers. :lol: Nice way to avoid the issue.

Oh, jeesh, I forgot you were one of those nutty bible thumpers. :lol: Nice way to avoid the issue.

The last thing I'm doing Ravi is avoiding the issue. ;)

Think we could wrap Florida up with some sort of preemptive prophylactic ? :redface:

Think we could wrap Florida up with some sort of preemptive prophylactic ? :redface:

art-florida-in-condom.jpg

BP has not said how much oil is beneath the Gulf seabed Deepwater Horizon was tapping, but a company official speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the volume of reserves, confirmed reports that it was tens of millions of barrels.

BP Chairman Blames Failed Equipment For Oil Spill

Mon dieu! :eek:

>

More info:

Grim Outlook For Oil Spill; Fishing Ban In Effect : NPR

Obama Says Oil Spill Damage Could Be Unprecedented : NPR
If it gets in the gulf stream, "experts" say, it could reach the Chesapeake area...not sure why it wouldn't reach Ireland, since the gulf stream goes that far.

At this point, it is almost shocking at how little we really know.

BP has not said how much oil is beneath the Gulf seabed Deepwater Horizon was tapping, but a company official speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the volume of reserves, confirmed reports that it was tens of millions of barrels.

BP Chairman Blames Failed Equipment For Oil Spill

Mon dieu! :eek:

>

More info:

Grim Outlook For Oil Spill; Fishing Ban In Effect : NPR

Obama Says Oil Spill Damage Could Be Unprecedented : NPR
If it gets in the gulf stream, "experts" say, it could reach the Chesapeake area...not sure why it wouldn't reach Ireland, since the gulf stream goes that far.

At this point, it is almost shocking at how little we really know.

They are under playing it big time Ravi.

:lol:.. Yes if Bush were President he certainly wouldn't be blamed.. after all.. Katrina was a natural disaster and he was blamed for that..

This is under Obama Regime Regulation and hardly natural..

You really are somewhat of an ignorant hack fuckwit...Eh?...LumptyDumpty? I ... did some research this morning looking at exactly that topic.. Regs ...and found nothing tying Obama to any oil rig regulations. Frankly it was impossible in the time I had to find out exactly who was in charge when the regs were put in place.

Good job sparky..way to bring it..:lol::lol: Leave it to a halfwit like yourself to open his pie hole with absolutely zero evidense.:lol::lol:

Sweet... I've been blitzkrieged by Huggy.. although I don't think it's your best work.. let me give you another try...

Where does the Buck stop for Democrat Presidents.. you sweet lovable bowl of charm..

BP is at fault.....their negligence caused this....and probably the US GVT'S NEGLIGENCE in leasing to this private global company with one of the WORST records for disasters/spills.

There is NOTHING Fema can really do to stop this near gusher....there is nothing BP can do to stop it.....there is nothing the coast guard can do to stop it....the solution could be 6 months from now, in the mean time.....those southern states affected, economies will collapse and us tax payers will end up footing the bill....and footing the bill will not bring back to life the millions of sea creatures and coral reefs and birds that are already DEAD, or beaches that are already destroyed....

We are in big big big trouble and BP will go belly up....and nothing is an immediate remedy.....

Have fun making jest of this situation and your Obamarama drama lumpy.....to me, this is nothing to make light of....:(

this is the worst oil catastrophe in the history of our world....

oh boy oh boy....

Memo: Federal oil lease employees had sex with industry reps
Top watchdog at Interior says one agency rife with corruption
By DAVID IVANOVICH Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle Washington Bureau
Sept. 11, 2008, 9:18AM

WASHINGTON — A program director allegedly snorts crystal meth off a toaster oven. A marketing supervisor sells sex toys to her employees, while senior executives allegedly rig contract bids for a pal.

Such is the culture the Interior Department's Inspector General says he found at the Minerals Management Service, the federal agency responsible for handling $8 billion a year in revenue from offshore oil and gas leases.

As lawmakers on Capitol Hill Wednesday were taking up bills that could throw open new areas offshore to oil and gas drilling, Inspector General Earl Devaney released a series of blistering, even lurid, reports on the alleged behavior of the federal employees who deal with those offshore operators.

Agency employees, a number of whom still work for the federal government, received frequent gifts from industry players, had sexual encounters with oil and gas company employees, consulted for energy firms on the side and threw contracts to friends, Devaney found.
Oil, sex & mon
ey: Federal agency accused of sleazy antics | | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

oh boy oh boy....

Memo: Federal oil lease employees had sex with industry reps
Top watchdog at Interior says one agency rife with corruption
By DAVID IVANOVICH Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle Washington Bureau
Sept. 11, 2008, 9:18AM

WASHINGTON — A program director allegedly snorts crystal meth off a toaster oven. A marketing supervisor sells sex toys to her employees, while senior executives allegedly rig contract bids for a pal.

Such is the culture the Interior Department's Inspector General says he found at the Minerals Management Service, the federal agency responsible for handling $8 billion a year in revenue from offshore oil and gas leases.

As lawmakers on Capitol Hill Wednesday were taking up bills that could throw open new areas offshore to oil and gas drilling, Inspector General Earl Devaney released a series of blistering, even lurid, reports on the alleged behavior of the federal employees who deal with those offshore operators.

Agency employees, a number of whom still work for the federal government, received frequent gifts from industry players, had sexual encounters with oil and gas company employees, consulted for energy firms on the side and threw contracts to friends, Devaney found.
Oil, sex & mon
ey: Federal agency accused of sleazy antics | | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

The problem is obviously bigger than BP. The controlling authority has cracks of it's own. he focus is containment, repair, and investigation of cause, in detail. There are other deep water rigs out there.

Forum List

Back