Worst case scenario - oil spill

Al Gore is making more money than Glen Beck?
Neither one are elected officials.

I am not sure who the Strong person is, will have to check on that.

Maurice Strong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Former head of the UN environmental program, and president of CCX Chicago Carbon Exchange, the first carbon trade market in the US and part of a conglomerate of several other such trade markets all over the globe. He was UN environment head when he set this stuff up BTW.

And Al Gore one of the largest investors in CCX was an elected official when he was setting this up, and was one when he tried to push legislation on this before. He also uses his clout as former president to push this agenda globally.... So don't try and pretend his former status has no bearing...

My bad... the reduction of Exxons court case penalties in the eaftermath of the Exxon Valdez started at $5,287,000,000 and was reduced to $507,000,000 last year by the supreme court. I was off by one decemal point. It was 1/10th not 1/100th.

Former head of the UN environmental program, and president of CCX Chicago Carbon Exchange, the first carbon trade market in the US and part of a conglomerate of several other such trade markets all over the globe. He was UN environment head when he set this stuff up BTW.

And Al Gore one of the largest investors in CCX was an elected official when he was setting this up, and was one when he tried to push legislation on this before. He also uses his clout as former president to push this agenda globally.... So don't try and pretend his former status has no bearing...

so Bush did not really win in 2000?

This is truly frightening. If this much oil spills out daily in the next three months (the time BP estimates it will take to cap the well), wouldn't the entire Gulf of Mexico and beyond end up covered with an oil slick?

A leaked report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Emergency Ops document dated April 28 has the Coast Guard preparing for a worst case release that could potentially become an unchecked gusher meaning that instead of releasing 5,000 barrels a day or 210,000 gallons a day, it would release 50,000 barrels a day, or 2.1 million gallons a day.
"The following is not public," reads the report, "Two additional release points were found today. If the riser pipe deteriorates further, the flow could become unchecked resulting in a release volume an order of magnitude higher than previously thought."
The concern is that kinks in the piping and a deteriorating wellhead is what is currently controlling the flow to 5,000 barrels a day. The other concern is that sand which is an integral part of the formations that normally holds the oil under the Gulf is essentially sandblasting the pipe. The formation that was being drilled by the Deepwater Horizon is reported to have tens of millions of barrels of oil.
"The loss of a wellhead, this is totally unprecedented," said Ron Gouget, a former oil spill response coordinator for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. "How bad it could get from that, you will have a tremendous volume of oil that is going to be offgassing on the coast. Depending on how much wind is there, and how those gases build up, that's a significant health concern."
"We'll take help from anyone," Doug Suttles, chief operating officer of BP's exploration and production unit, said on NBC's TODAY show.

"We're not interested in where the idea comes from, what we're interested in is how do we stop this flow and how do we stop it now?" Suttles said.

Oil spill feared could become unchecked gusher, Governor Crist declares state of emergency
well, 2 things.

1. It's good to know that oil companies who are busy spreading their cheeks for the environazis aren't interested in using automatic safety precautions that would have protected the environment.

2. There's a lot of oil down there afterall.

so Bush did not really win in 2000?

He pushed for legislation besides cap and trade, and well before 2000. He ran using the environment as a platform. CCX is part of Climate Exchange PLC, whom got started in the SO2 cap trade on a smaller and more localized scale back in the mid-90's....

I have done my homework on this.....

My bad... the reduction of Exxons court case penalties in the eaftermath of the Exxon Valdez started at $5,287,000,000 and was reduced to $507,000,000 last year by the supreme court. I was off by one decemal point. It was 1/10th not 1/100th.

Can we see a source for this? Exxon paid for the clean-up and this was one of the reasons they would have lowered the fine, if it happened at all....

Can we see a source for this claim now????

P.S. 5 billion? Wouldn't you say that number could have been a bit padded with frivolous suits and penalties, and perhaps the 5 million they paid was a a figure that was agreed upon after the press and panic died down?

Still waiting on that source....

Last edited:
Wow asking for a source set one idiot into a huff, and the other still hasn't brought a source..... Hmm I sure hope they are more prepared on this next time...

Well, we now see another mindless Conservative slogan down the tube.

Bring it On!

Mission Successful!

Dead or Alive!

Deth panels!

Drill, baby, Drill!

And we see the liar trying to pretend he has credibility......

Bring it On!

Mission Successful!

Dead or Alive!

Deth panels!

Drill, baby, Drill!

what about like your buddy Chris' motto: "Spill baby Spill." How proud you must be to have that fuckstain on your side.

Well, we now see another mindless liberal/progressive slogan down the tube.

Hope and Change!

Global warming err climate change thats the ticket!

No more war!

Bring them home!

Main street as soon as we fix wall street we will get on that!

There thats better...:lol:

Can we see a source for this? Exxon paid for the clean-up and this was one of the reasons they would have lowered the fine, if it happened at all....

P.S. 5 billion? Wouldn't you say that number could have been a bit padded with frivolous suits and penalties, and perhaps the 5 million they paid was a a figure that was agreed upon after the press and panic died down?

Your fuckin google broke slacker? I ain't your bitch ...Prove ME wrong. So far I just see your lips quivering. I can't tell if you spit or swallow from that.

Bring it On!

Mission Successful!

Dead or Alive!

Deth panels!

Drill, baby, Drill!

what about like your buddy Chris' motto: "Spill baby Spill." How proud you must be to have that fuckstain on your side.

How do you think the Oil Spill will effect Octopus Populations?

:razz:

It could drastically affect it.

Your fuckin google broke slacker? I ain't your bitch ...Prove ME wrong. So far I just see your lips quivering. I can't tell if you spit or swallow from that.

Nah don't have to you just did it for me..... Thanks so you pulled that number out of your ass, or you got it from some pro-agw enviro-site or blog and you know it will be demolished....

If you had a source you would bring it to shut me up or to prove your point, or at least to show you are not full of shit.... you didn't and now refuse to, so as I said its bullshit and so is your claim....

Don't push your fantasies on me punk, if you want that you need to go to one of your little enviro-love-ins......

Busted....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back