Women in uniform

"Real" badasses generally don't feel the need to post about how badass they are on internet message boards.

Oh? :eusa_eh: I'll keep that in mind.

Incidentally, if you're trying to get me to snap so you can hit your little ejector-button, ain't happening. :)

:lol:

I'm not going to ban you. You're way too entertaining, and this isn't the sort of message board where we really care about personal attacks, as long as they're in the right places. The rules are pretty specific about what's not allowed.

He's certainly entertaining...the same way someone pissing on an electric fence or trying to play tetherball while drunk is "entertaining".

:lol: That changes once you get to know us. I got a 10 inch fuse and rockets on my ass, sonny.

To each his own, I suppose, Chief. If you like rockets in your ass, who am I to criticize. Just don't let the Duck Dynasty cats hear ya say that. Ya may want to keep such things quiet, not that there is anything wrong with it, I suppose.

(See this Mr.Moderator....this sorry excuse of a man just called me a queer. Can I ignore an insult of this nature?)

Read much, sloth?
1760.gif
No wonder you don't wear the pants in the family.

I don't know, can you?

Why are you asking me?

Oh? :eusa_eh: I'll keep that in mind.

Incidentally, if you're trying to get me to snap so you can hit your little ejector-button, ain't happening. :)

I'm not going to ban you. You're way too entertaining, and this isn't the sort of message board where we really care about personal attacks, as long as they're in the right places. The rules are pretty specific about what's not allowed.

He's certainly entertaining...the same way someone pissing on an electric fence or trying to play tetherball while drunk is "entertaining".

Damn, this douchebag sends me +rep and then tries to shit on my porch. Hey Mr.Moderator....is this what should happen to a thread about Christmas carols at the VA? You got rules about trolling too...how about a little reminder of that to the assholes who turned this thread to shit?

Damn, this douchebag sends me +rep and then tries to shit on my porch. Hey Mr.Moderator....is this what should happen to a thread about Christmas carols at the VA? You got rules about trolling too...how about a little reminder of that to the assholes who turned this thread to shit?

You mean you?

Women don't belong anywhere near a line unit. They're very good at several MOS...just don't want them around the mud and the blood.

is ignorance truly bliss?

on topic though i don't think that there's a problem with carolers in public places at the VA, but I also think it's silly to blame half of what you do on the President.

Kiss my ass motherfucker.

That to me looks like where this thread came off the rails.

If this were in the Politics forum, I would have deleted all the off-topic posts. But this is a "Zone 3" forum, and these posts don't violate the rules - so they stay. Thread topics change, and "back and forth" happens.

You mean you?

is ignorance truly bliss?

on topic though i don't think that there's a problem with carolers in public places at the VA, but I also think it's silly to blame half of what you do on the President.

If this were in the Politics forum, I would have deleted all the off-topic posts. But this is a "Zone 3" forum, and these posts don't violate the rules - so they stay. Thread topics change, and "back and forth" happens.

So it turns out you're as useless as Connery....duly noted. This will be my last OP at this site. I'll keep the account open but the views I've been getting for your advertisers are gonna stop. Good work, you're a real champion.

You mean you?

So it turns out you're as useless as Connery....duly noted. This will be my last OP at this site. I'll keep the account open but the views I've been getting for your advertisers are gonna stop. Good work, you're a real champion.

Whatever will we do without you?

You mean you?

This thread is the tits! I love it. Bull, please stay - you're the funniest dude in town. :lol:

You mean you?

You are one whiny little bitch.

i know a lot of female soldiers that would laugh at you for saying that. i'm married to one of them.

And she may very well be right. Could she carry a wounded soldier very far, as far as a male counterpart? (My apologies to your wife about the rest, she would know better than me...)

depends on the counterpart. her big problem with her soldiers right now is the younger ones, men and women alike, aren't physically fit.

and to your point about women not being as large, yes, she may have a problem carrying a large male soldier. she may not have a problem carrying a female soldier though.

i will say that it's naive to think that only line units see combat.

Line units are expected to carry 60 to 80 pounds of gear on their backs for up to 20 miles a day. Secondary units not so much.

And she may very well be right. Could she carry a wounded soldier very far, as far as a male counterpart? (My apologies to your wife about the rest, she would know better than me...)

depends on the counterpart. her big problem with her soldiers right now is the younger ones, men and women alike, aren't physically fit.

and to your point about women not being as large, yes, she may have a problem carrying a large male soldier. she may not have a problem carrying a female soldier though.

Line units are expected to carry 60 to 80 pounds of gear on their backs for up to 20 miles a day. Secondary units not so much.

No offense, but that ain't true. Some of us can, but a helluva lot of us couldn't, and I never was anywhere other than straight leg divisions.

We covered our guys who were pullin' up a little lame. Ya do what ya do and take care of the guy next to you and they take care of you and IK've had some pretty puny little guys who saved my behind.

Women can do the job, many of them want to do the job, and they deserve the chance.

You want to tell them they cannot serve their country in the way they see fit.

For a tough guy, you sure do crybaby a lot. Knock it off. You're giving sailors a bad name.

No offense, but that ain't true. Some of us can, but a helluva lot of us couldn't, and I never was anywhere other than straight leg divisions.

We covered our guys who were pullin' up a little lame. Ya do what ya do and take care of the guy next to you and they take care of you and IK've had some pretty puny little guys who saved my behind.

Women can do the job, many of them want to do the job, and they deserve the chance.

You want to tell them they cannot serve their country in the way they see fit.

Yeah it is true and now I know why you're hovering around these threads....you're a goddamn FRAUD. Now with the "ain't" and "pullin" bullshit....closest you ever got to a straight-leg tour was in a movie theater, boy. Nobody ever "saved your behind" by anything other than using more Vaseline. Here is what Gunny was talking about....the majority of women can't lift it, the rest of them would need help shouldering it, and maybe a handful could hump a click or two with it before they'd have to sit in the shade for a breather and then need help back to their feet.

image012_zps9354fc0b.jpg

he's certainly entertaining...the same way someone pissing on an electric fence or trying to play tetherball while drunk is "entertaining".

damn, this douchebag sends me +rep and then tries to shit on my porch. Hey mr.moderator....is this what should happen to a thread about christmas carols at the va? You got rules about trolling too...how about a little reminder of that to the assholes who turned this thread to shit?

for a tough guy, you sure do crybaby a lot. Knock it off. You're giving sailors a bad name.

I'd tell ya to blow me but you'd probably jump at the chance.

Last edited:
do you have a problem with women in uniform?

I have a problem if it weakens the military in combat.

55% of females, compared to only 1% of males failed physical fitness pull-ups requirement

From Eric Dondero:

This is what affirmative action looks like. From southern California public radio, KPCC 89.3, "Marines: Most female recruits don't meet new pullup standard":

Starting Jan. 1, every woman in the Marines Corps was supposed to meet a new physical standard by performing three pullups. But that has been put off. The Marine Corps announced it quietly. There was no news conference — just a notice on its social media sites and an item on its own TV show, "The Corps Report."

Lance Cpl. Ally Beiswanger explained that the pullup test had been put off until sometime next year to gather more data and "ensure all female Marines are given the best opportunity to succeed." So far, female Marines are not succeeding.

About 55 percent of female recruits tested at the end of boot camp were doing fewer than three pullups; only 1 percent of male recruits failed the test.

Upper body strength critical for combat

More: Libertarian Republican

As I first said, before the original thread got hijacked, there are several MOS that women excel in, and in no way should be denied those jobs because of their gender. And I believe the claim that combat experience is necessary for advancement is preposterous. General David Petraeus had never been in a combat theatre before Iraq. Most of the noise coming from the left about women being suited for infantry duty is theoretical, not real-world. Are there women capable of combat duty? Sure. Probably any woman who is a strong swimmer or marathoner could pull her weight. But these women rarely see the US Military as a viable career choice. Israeli women for instance see military service as their birthright...they would never be denied the chance to protect their country. American women on the other hand, see military service as a source of personal benefits ie; educational and mortgage discounts after service. I'm generalizing of course. And I would add the physical expectations of modern combat have changed considerably since WW2, Korea, and Vietnam. Our modern force travels by mechanical transport now instead of slogging. The terrain in the ME is considerably different than in Europe or Asia. Still, all things considered, every troop in a combat theater is in essence a rifleman whether they're a cook or a truck driver. Jessica Lynch found that out by taking a wrong turn during the run to Baghdad.

damn, this douchebag sends me +rep and then tries to shit on my porch. Hey mr.moderator....is this what should happen to a thread about christmas carols at the va? You got rules about trolling too...how about a little reminder of that to the assholes who turned this thread to shit?

for a tough guy, you sure do crybaby a lot. Knock it off. You're giving sailors a bad name.

I'd tell ya to blow me but you'd probably jump at the chance.

Thanks for the offer and all but I have to turn ya down. Don't get me wrong. I'm not homophobic or anything but I'm not gay either.

I thought the motto was "semper fi", not "semper cry".

do you have a problem with women in uniform?

None. Every story about a mother lifting a car off her kid, or otherwise going nuts protecting her kids it only serves to remind us nothing's scarier than a pissed off Mom with an assault rifle pointed at you :)

Women have served in the Israel Defense Force all along, and Israel's never lost a war. Time guys catch up on the reality of women performing well in the military.

Forum List

Back