With 900,000 Vets on Food Stamps, Obama Cuts Military Benefits

Here is Ryan's Op-Ed piece where he defends the pension cuts in his bill: Paul Ryan: Retirement pay can't take over defense budget

One part of the bill has become particularly controversial: the reduction in cost-of-living adjustments (COLAs) for working-age military retirees. The federal government has no greater obligation than to keep the American people safe and we must take care of the men and women in uniform who put their lives on the line. For that reason, Congress is understandably hesitant to make changes to military compensation.

All this reform does is make a small adjustment for those younger retirees. If they retire before age 62, the annual increase in their retired pay will be 1% less than the inflation rate. In other words, their benefits will grow every year — just at a slower rate. And when the retiree hits 62, DOD will recalculate the retired pay so that it will be where it would have been if he or she had received the full inflation adjustment every year since he or she retired.

So there you go, goons.

Paul Ryan did it, not Obama.

Last edited:
It's part of a bipartisan budget agreement that pares down annual cost of living increases in benefits for military retirees under age 62, saving the government an estimated $6.3 billion over a decade. Goon.

Last edited:
It's part of a bipartisan budget agreement that pares down annual cost of living increases in benefits for military retirees under age 62, saving the government an estimated $6.3 billion over a decade. Goon.

I am one of the military retirees who will be affected by this.

We have a $17 trillion shit sandwich, and everyone has to take a bite. So I am really okay with taking yet another hit to my retiree benefits as long as EVERYONE makes an equal sacrifice.

The only problem I have in this situation is with the unbelievably credulous retards who are trying to pin it all on Obama. I'm sick and tired of these knee jerk reflex assholes who are so fucking willfully clueless. They slam their hands over their eyes and ears to facts, but leave their mouths uncovered so they can regurgitate the manufactured bullshit fed to them.

This cut is in Paul Ryan's budget.

Last edited:
What will really matter is who Veterans hold accountable. I have heard many criticisms at Paul Ryan. But, for liberals to think that the backlash from Veterans is solely be directed at Ryan and Republican sell outs, only shows how delusional they are.

frankly i think it's a pretty good place to cut. i don't know any retired military under that age that aren't working anyhow - and the money is all restored when they may not be able to continue in that second career anymore.

What will really matter is who Veterans hold accountable. I have heard many criticisms at Paul Ryan. But, for liberals to think that the backlash from Veterans is solely be directed at Ryan and Republican sell outs, only shows how delusional they are.

Well, you know what?

I like Paul Ryan. A lot. And I am one of the people who will be affected by this thing he is doing in his budget.

I can't stand Obama. I can only think of one or two things he has done right in the past five years (neither of them are ObamaCare). He is a walking disaster.

So what do you make of that?

Last edited:
frankly i think it's a pretty good place to cut. i don't know any retired military under that age that aren't working anyhow - and the money is all restored when they may not be able to continue in that second career anymore.

It is true a "military retiree" is not really a retiree. We go right into the corporate workforce when we "retire".

Your article says he cut their pay by 1%, when he actually increased it by 1%.

The comprehensive defense bill Obama signed will give military personnel a 1 percent pay raise and also covers combat pay, ships, aircraft and bases.
Obama Signs Bipartisan Budget Deal Easing Cuts | TIME.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's called 'baseline budgeting'.

When dimocrap scum want to increase something...... I dunno, like free shit to some dimocrap core support group, they offer up a bill to increase the spending by 10% aand Republicans fight like crazy to get it down to a more realistic 5% increase.

And dimocrap scum call it a 5% CUT.

It's how they work. And 1% pay increase? That doesn't even keep up with inflation.

It's a cut in pay. Inflation (Real, not 'official') is around 4 to 5%. So the average serviceman's dollar will purchase 3 to 4% less over the next year.

Forum List

Back