Woman has no legal ID due to homeschooling christian parents

My grandmother was born at home and never had a driver's license and didn't get a SS card or BC until her 50s.

The world still turned

my husband was born in a shariah shit hole-----has no birth certificate and no official birthday-----he had to get a court ordered birthday-------one he just chose at random----then he
was able to get a visa ----etc etc My mother was born in
her grandmother's cold water flat-----I do not know if she has
a birth certificate-----but she attended school in the USA----
she never had a passport-----she votes---had a driver's license and she has a social security number.. I have everything------even tiny foot prints on my birth certificate. It seems to me that the problem of that woman can be solved.

My grandmother was born at home and never had a driver's license and didn't get a SS card or BC until her 50s.

The world still turned

my husband was born in a shariah shit hole-----has no birth certificate and no official birthday-----he had to get a court ordered birthday-------one he just chose at random----then he
was able to get a visa ----etc etc My mother was born in
her grandmother's cold water flat-----I do not know if she has
a birth certificate-----but she attended school in the USA----
she never had a passport-----she votes---had a driver's license and she has a social security number.. I have everything------even tiny foot prints on my birth certificate. It seems to me that the problem of that woman can be solved.

Lol!

Lefty loons aren't about solving problems, they are about creating problems and then blaming others for the problems. When had Lugnut ever come up with a solution, always blame for the extreme left.

But this girl can have a Facebook account and still groan about how bad life is

You may not know it but Facebook does not impart the same legal identity that one's birth certificate does.

Where did she "groan about how bad life is"?
She's not complaining?

Then why your sympathetic thread where you label her as handicapped?

Why do you think that a Facebook page means she has a legal identity?

Not having a legal identity does indeed handicap one.

Texas teen fighting legal ID hurdles because of parents’ homeschooling Christian ways

A 19-year-old Texas woman is gaining attention online after publicly accusing her parents of denying her a way to gain legal identification because of their religious beliefs, The Friendly Atheist reported.

Alecia Faith Pennington’s video explaining her claim has been watched nearly 600,000 times since being posted online on Monday. She says that, though she was born in the U.S., her parents did not file a birth certificate because her delivery was carried out at home. She also says that she never received a Social Security number.

“I was homeschooled my entire life, so I had no school records,” Pennington says. “Also, never been to the hospital, so I have no medical records. This leaves me with nothing to prove my identity or citizenship.”

Pennington also created a Facebook page for her campaign, where she posted a letter saying that state health officials corroborated her statement regarding the lack of a birth certificate. She also said in the letter that her grandmother swore in an affadavit that she knew where and when Pennington was born.

Pennington’s mother, Lisa Pennington, blamed the grandparents for helping her leave their house last September in a post on her own blog. The post has been deleted, but The Friendly Atheist reprinted a portion of Lisa Pennington’s response.

“We discovered that my parents had been planning this with her without telling us (as you can imagine, an additional part of my grief is not only the loss of my daughter but the total end of the relationship with my parents),” Lisa Pennington wrote. “We also learned that she has been telling exaggerated stories about what is going on inside our home to a godless woman who has been giving her foolish counsel and encouraging her to deceive us and get out.”

Lisa Pennington also stated on Facebook that people should “check [their] facts” regarding her daughter’s claim, but has not responded to calls to provide specific evidence countering the allegation. She has not addressed the issue either on her blog or its Facebook page.

More at the link.

One wonders how many nutters like this are using their wacko beliefs to permanently handicap their kids.
This is BS, our third child was born at home,we had legal documents to fill out,his bith cert,home school kids are required to pass tests by the state there are all kinds of checks,as far as never going to the hospital,good for her,sound more like the girl is rebelling and pitching a fit.

I'm fine the story tough to believe. Three of our kids were born at home, they all have birth certificates.

The source seems a little questionable also.

I cannot say whether or not the story is true but you might want to check out these other 157K sources.

Texas teen fighting legal ID hurdles because of parents’ homeschooling Christian ways

A 19-year-old Texas woman is gaining attention online after publicly accusing her parents of denying her a way to gain legal identification because of their religious beliefs, The Friendly Atheist reported.

Alecia Faith Pennington’s video explaining her claim has been watched nearly 600,000 times since being posted online on Monday. She says that, though she was born in the U.S., her parents did not file a birth certificate because her delivery was carried out at home. She also says that she never received a Social Security number.

“I was homeschooled my entire life, so I had no school records,” Pennington says. “Also, never been to the hospital, so I have no medical records. This leaves me with nothing to prove my identity or citizenship.”

Pennington also created a Facebook page for her campaign, where she posted a letter saying that state health officials corroborated her statement regarding the lack of a birth certificate. She also said in the letter that her grandmother swore in an affadavit that she knew where and when Pennington was born.

Pennington’s mother, Lisa Pennington, blamed the grandparents for helping her leave their house last September in a post on her own blog. The post has been deleted, but The Friendly Atheist reprinted a portion of Lisa Pennington’s response.

“We discovered that my parents had been planning this with her without telling us (as you can imagine, an additional part of my grief is not only the loss of my daughter but the total end of the relationship with my parents),” Lisa Pennington wrote. “We also learned that she has been telling exaggerated stories about what is going on inside our home to a godless woman who has been giving her foolish counsel and encouraging her to deceive us and get out.”

Lisa Pennington also stated on Facebook that people should “check [their] facts” regarding her daughter’s claim, but has not responded to calls to provide specific evidence countering the allegation. She has not addressed the issue either on her blog or its Facebook page.

More at the link.

One wonders how many nutters like this are using their wacko beliefs to permanently handicap their kids.
This is BS, our third child was born at home,we had legal documents to fill out,his bith cert,home school kids are required to pass tests by the state there are all kinds of checks,as far as never going to the hospital,good for her,sound more like the girl is rebelling and pitching a fit.

I'm fine the story tough to believe. Three of our kids were born at home, they all have birth certificates.

I cannot say whether or not the story is true but you might want to check out these other 157K sources.

Isn't it interesting that AP, CNN, FOXNews, NBC, CBS, the New York Times or ABC has picked up the story. In fact all are picking it up off one source.

Do you really think this can't be easily fixed. It happened a lot in years past.

More at the link.

Isn't it interesting that AP, CNN, FOXNews, NBC, CBS, the New York Times or ABC has picked up the story. In fact all are picking it up off one source.

Do you really think this can't be easily fixed. It happened a lot in years past.

How would it be fixed?

She goes to a government office and applies for ID or a driver's license. She has to prove her name before either is issued. How does she do that?

I'm not saying it can't be done but I am asking how.

I remember threads here where posters said they had to produce their birth certificate when they applied for a job. Its been many years since I applied for a job but I never experienced that. I do remember that I could mark a box that said I was a citizen but, very recently, I had to apply for a driver's license and I did have to produce my birth certificate.

I don't have the original and had to get a duplicate from the state where I was born. In order to do that, I had to mail them my original driver's license. Get it? Its a Catch 22.

How does she get around that?

More at the link.

How would it be fixed?

She goes to a government office and applies for ID or a driver's license. She has to prove her name before either is issued. How does she do that?

I remember threads here where posters said they had to produce their birth certificate when they applied for a job. Its been many years since I applied for a job but I never experienced that. I do remember that I could mark a box that said I was a citizen but, very recently, I had to apply for a driver's license and I did have to produce my birth certificate.

I don't have the original and had to get a duplicate from the state where I was born. In order to do that, I had to mail them my original driver's license. Get it? Its a Catch 22.

Can they DEPORT her Nuttley? I mean, she can't prove ANYTHING.... What will the obuma government do...???

More at the link.

How would it be fixed?

Seriously? In has been done for decades, we have illegal aliens by the millions and you want them all let in and yet this is an issue, come on, you are much smarter than that.

It's your agenda that is making it tough on you.

More at the link.

I already believe it. For those out there who think about doing the same-----if something goes wrong and you decide to go to the hospital-----and get fixed up-----expect a visit from the AUTHORITIES -----and you will need a lawyer

How would it be fixed?

Seriously? In has been done for decades, we have illegal aliens by the millions and you want them all let in and yet this is an issue, come on, you are much smarter than that.

It's your agenda that is making it tough on you.

Ignoring your usual snottiness ...

That's the point, isn't it. This is exactly why 1070 was and is useless. Its also why it makes sense to issue legal driver's licenses to illegals.

Does anyone really believe that drug cartels don't crank out fake IDs by the gazillions? Or that drug runners don't drive illegally?

Big difference when you want to do legally.

The question has not been answered - How does she do it legally?

I will testify------people do it. I do know lots of cases of home
delivery-----it was all the rage in the 70s ------sometimes
it did not work out all that well -----but the fashionistas
plugged FOR it anyway. I even encountered a young woman who PROUDLY did it all by herself-----but then ended up brining the baby to the emergency room------good thing----but she did
get into trouble

If in fact she has no way to prove her identity or Birth then she hires an attorney gets affidavits from witnesses and goes before a Judge. Pretty straight forward process.,

If in fact she has no way to prove her identity or Birth then she hires an attorney gets affidavits from witnesses and goes before a Judge. Pretty straight forward process.,

yes----she ain't the only one. -----personal anecdote----I went with hubby to submit a complaint to the cops-----they asked
for his birthday-------and I explained-----"he got one from a judge"-----the cop was no dummy and said------"oh---we have lots of people like that in this town" It is not a huge problem---
her childhood is her real problem-----mom is nuts

Forum List

Back