Woman has no legal ID due to homeschooling christian parents

Texas teen fighting legal ID hurdles because of parents’ homeschooling Christian ways

A 19-year-old Texas woman is gaining attention online after publicly accusing her parents of denying her a way to gain legal identification because of their religious beliefs, The Friendly Atheist reported.

Alecia Faith Pennington’s video explaining her claim has been watched nearly 600,000 times since being posted online on Monday. She says that, though she was born in the U.S., her parents did not file a birth certificate because her delivery was carried out at home. She also says that she never received a Social Security number.

“I was homeschooled my entire life, so I had no school records,” Pennington says. “Also, never been to the hospital, so I have no medical records. This leaves me with nothing to prove my identity or citizenship.”

Pennington also created a Facebook page for her campaign, where she posted a letter saying that state health officials corroborated her statement regarding the lack of a birth certificate. She also said in the letter that her grandmother swore in an affadavit that she knew where and when Pennington was born.

Pennington’s mother, Lisa Pennington, blamed the grandparents for helping her leave their house last September in a post on her own blog. The post has been deleted, but The Friendly Atheist reprinted a portion of Lisa Pennington’s response.

“We discovered that my parents had been planning this with her without telling us (as you can imagine, an additional part of my grief is not only the loss of my daughter but the total end of the relationship with my parents),” Lisa Pennington wrote. “We also learned that she has been telling exaggerated stories about what is going on inside our home to a godless woman who has been giving her foolish counsel and encouraging her to deceive us and get out.”

Lisa Pennington also stated on Facebook that people should “check [their] facts” regarding her daughter’s claim, but has not responded to calls to provide specific evidence countering the allegation. She has not addressed the issue either on her blog or its Facebook page.

More at the link.

One wonders how many nutters like this are using their wacko beliefs to permanently handicap their kids.

I know this girl who's parents homeschooled her and I know she's 20 and never had a job. Long story short she was on facebook talking about how the government sucked because she hasn't received some benefits. Why would she be getting benefits? Her parents are from Kenya. I'm sure they are milking the system. Anyways homeschoolers are weird.

Well, I guess she can never vote.

Gee illegal aliens vote all the time, I'm sure if she promises to vote Democratic, they will find a way.

So you're saying she should commit fraud?
Democrats do it all the time, they vote dead people they vote multiple times in several districts and they have polling officials that steal voter registration material for them.
Voter fraud doesn't swing elections. Republicans commit election fraud and steal entire states. Not just a vote here and there

Gee illegal aliens vote all the time, I'm sure if she promises to vote Democratic, they will find a way.

Democrats do it all the time, they vote dead people they vote multiple times in several districts and they have polling officials that steal voter registration material for them.

:lol:

I love the delusions that you guys convince yourselves of. It's amazing to watch.
Ya cause after all we do not have convicted members of the democratic machine to point to in all the above listed cases right?

:lol:

I love the delusions that you guys convince yourselves of. It's amazing to watch.
Ya cause after all we do not have convicted members of the democratic machine to point to in all the above listed cases right?

We have convicted members of the Republican machine to point to, as well - in equal numbers.

If in fact she has no way to prove her identity or Birth then she hires an attorney gets affidavits from witnesses and goes before a Judge. Pretty straight forward process.,

You mean she has to do something to fix the problem? But but she is a victim of her evil parents who raised and educated her. How is she supposed to do anything for herself without the government forcing other people to be educated in public school. Obviously excepting the politicians child who gets to go to expensive private schools paid for by the people.

Ludd is just trying to stir up hate for Christians and advocate for all all powerful state to rule our lives. Heaven forbid we do something he doesnt like such as educating our children or *gasp* practice our religion.

While I agree the family is probably a strange bunch, this sounds more like a problem with the system to me. Where is it written anywhere in the Constitution that we are required to have a government issued identification document indicating who we are? When did it become acceptable to take our Social Security number, which was only supposed to be used solely for the SS program, and make it a universal identifier for every aspect of our lives? Where is it written that our education records need to be publicly available? There is no reason why someone shouldn't be able to go through life without the government having every bit of knowledge on them.

This is a VERY strong and VERY valid point.

The SSN number was originally intended to be used for purposes of Social Security only, but now, agencies all over want the number, and it's none of their damned business.

But Luddley's OP also makes a very strong point: those parents have literally made it impossible for that girl to prove that she is an American citizen. In doing so, they are restricting her movement, which is an impingement on personal liberty.Without proof of birth, she cannot get a passport. Without a passport, she cannot fly, etc. etc etc.

Don't rights of her parents' end at the water's edge where her rights begin?

Some people are just plain old batshit crazy.

Seems to me she could just go to the police and tell them.....I'm not sure I'm believing this girl, she seems too well spoken to have been kept isolated like she claims. How does anyone find out about Facebook without having friends, and having friends would lead to other questions....and how does she know about SSN's and identity if she has been isolated all her life.....I couldn't find anything about this on the internet....sounds to me like something that was made up by the atheist source.

Oh, come on. You know it's more than that. It's Texas.

Texas GOP rejects lsquo critical thinking rsquo skills. Really. - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the ...Jul 9, 2012

If children learn to think for themselves, they won't worship right wingernut parents. And that means no future GOP.

If it's rderp babbling, ^ it's nonsense. Obviously.
You said: If it's rderp babbling, ^ it's nonsense. Obviously.

Of course it's nonsense. Republicans wrote it:

The Republican Party of Texas (“RPT”) is comprised of millions of Republican voters across the State of Texas. And this is their platform:

About the Party Republican Party of Texas

http://s3.amazonaws.com/texasgop_pre/assets/original/2012Platform_Final.pdf

Republicans wrote it. Not me. There now, don't you feel like a tard?

Oh, come on. You know it's more than that. It's Texas.

Texas GOP rejects lsquo critical thinking rsquo skills. Really. - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the ...Jul 9, 2012

If children learn to think for themselves, they won't worship right wingernut parents. And that means no future GOP.

If it's rderp babbling, ^ it's nonsense. Obviously.
You said: If it's rderp babbling, ^ it's nonsense. Obviously.

Of course it's nonsense. Republicans wrote it:

The Republican Party of Texas (“RPT”) is comprised of millions of Republican voters across the State of Texas. And this is their platform:

About the Party Republican Party of Texas

http://s3.amazonaws.com/texasgop_pre/assets/original/2012Platform_Final.pdf

Republicans wrote it. Not me. There now, don't you feel like a tard?

No you imbecile. The part you babbled that is nonsense is: "If children learn to think for themselves, they won't worship right wingernut parents. And that means no future GOP."

The GOP is FAR from right wing, you dishonest hack fucktard. It is barely distinguishable from the far left wing nut liberal Democrap Party.

The GOP will HAVE a future if and only if they MOVE to the right.

You remain a fucking asshole dishonest hack bitch troll. And that's on your best days.

If in fact she has no way to prove her identity or Birth then she hires an attorney gets affidavits from witnesses and goes before a Judge. Pretty straight forward process.,

You mean she has to do something to fix the problem? But but she is a victim of her evil parents who raised and educated her. How is she supposed to do anything for herself without the government forcing other people to be educated in public school. Obviously excepting the politicians child who gets to go to expensive private schools paid for by the people.

Ludd is just trying to stir up hate for Christians and advocate for all all powerful state to rule our lives. Heaven forbid we do something he doesnt like such as educating our children or *gasp* practice our religion.

Instead of the ad hom attack, why not address the points I made above?

Woman has no legal ID due to homeschooling christian parents Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Texas teen fighting legal ID hurdles because of parents’ homeschooling Christian ways

A 19-year-old Texas woman is gaining attention online after publicly accusing her parents of denying her a way to gain legal identification because of their religious beliefs, The Friendly Atheist reported.

Alecia Faith Pennington’s video explaining her claim has been watched nearly 600,000 times since being posted online on Monday. She says that, though she was born in the U.S., her parents did not file a birth certificate because her delivery was carried out at home. She also says that she never received a Social Security number.

“I was homeschooled my entire life, so I had no school records,” Pennington says. “Also, never been to the hospital, so I have no medical records. This leaves me with nothing to prove my identity or citizenship.”

Pennington also created a Facebook page for her campaign, where she posted a letter saying that state health officials corroborated her statement regarding the lack of a birth certificate. She also said in the letter that her grandmother swore in an affadavit that she knew where and when Pennington was born.

Pennington’s mother, Lisa Pennington, blamed the grandparents for helping her leave their house last September in a post on her own blog. The post has been deleted, but The Friendly Atheist reprinted a portion of Lisa Pennington’s response.

“We discovered that my parents had been planning this with her without telling us (as you can imagine, an additional part of my grief is not only the loss of my daughter but the total end of the relationship with my parents),” Lisa Pennington wrote. “We also learned that she has been telling exaggerated stories about what is going on inside our home to a godless woman who has been giving her foolish counsel and encouraging her to deceive us and get out.”

Lisa Pennington also stated on Facebook that people should “check [their] facts” regarding her daughter’s claim, but has not responded to calls to provide specific evidence countering the allegation. She has not addressed the issue either on her blog or its Facebook page.

More at the link.

One wonders how many nutters like this are using their wacko beliefs to permanently handicap their kids.
Like ghetto thugs have turned their kids into crack heads? Idiot.

Instead of the ad hom attack, why not address the points I made above?

Woman has no legal ID due to homeschooling christian parents Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

maybe you should learn what an ad hom is.

Forum List

Back