Woman has no legal ID due to homeschooling christian parents

Oh, come on. You know it's more than that. It's Texas.

Texas GOP rejects lsquo critical thinking rsquo skills. Really. - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the ...Jul 9, 2012

If children learn to think for themselves, they won't worship right wingernut parents. And that means no future GOP.

Oh, come on. You know it's more than that. It's Texas.

Texas GOP rejects lsquo critical thinking rsquo skills. Really. - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the ...Jul 9, 2012

If children learn to think for themselves, they won't worship right wingernut parents. And that means no future GOP.

If it's rderp babbling, ^ it's nonsense. Obviously.

Texas teen fighting legal ID hurdles because of parents’ homeschooling Christian ways

A 19-year-old Texas woman is gaining attention online after publicly accusing her parents of denying her a way to gain legal identification because of their religious beliefs, The Friendly Atheist reported.

Alecia Faith Pennington’s video explaining her claim has been watched nearly 600,000 times since being posted online on Monday. She says that, though she was born in the U.S., her parents did not file a birth certificate because her delivery was carried out at home. She also says that she never received a Social Security number.

“I was homeschooled my entire life, so I had no school records,” Pennington says. “Also, never been to the hospital, so I have no medical records. This leaves me with nothing to prove my identity or citizenship.”

Pennington also created a Facebook page for her campaign, where she posted a letter saying that state health officials corroborated her statement regarding the lack of a birth certificate. She also said in the letter that her grandmother swore in an affadavit that she knew where and when Pennington was born.

Pennington’s mother, Lisa Pennington, blamed the grandparents for helping her leave their house last September in a post on her own blog. The post has been deleted, but The Friendly Atheist reprinted a portion of Lisa Pennington’s response.

“We discovered that my parents had been planning this with her without telling us (as you can imagine, an additional part of my grief is not only the loss of my daughter but the total end of the relationship with my parents),” Lisa Pennington wrote. “We also learned that she has been telling exaggerated stories about what is going on inside our home to a godless woman who has been giving her foolish counsel and encouraging her to deceive us and get out.”

Lisa Pennington also stated on Facebook that people should “check [their] facts” regarding her daughter’s claim, but has not responded to calls to provide specific evidence countering the allegation. She has not addressed the issue either on her blog or its Facebook page.

More at the link.

One wonders how many nutters like this are using their wacko beliefs to permanently handicap their kids.

Leave it to luddy to ignore the obvious. Why is the government so incompetent that it can allow illegal aliens into this country with no issue, yet can't seem to figure out a simple problem like this?

While I agree the family is probably a strange bunch, this sounds more like a problem with the system to me. Where is it written anywhere in the Constitution that we are required to have a government issued identification document indicating who we are? When did it become acceptable to take our Social Security number, which was only supposed to be used solely for the SS program, and make it a universal identifier for every aspect of our lives? Where is it written that our education records need to be publicly available? There is no reason why someone shouldn't be able to go through life without the government having every bit of knowledge on them.
It's written in the 16th amendment. "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

Social Security is NOT mandatory.
Try and do anything in the US of an official nature without a SS Number.
"Official". You mean like getting Drivers License?
10 States and DC That Allow Driver s Licenses for People in the Country Illegally - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org
The law requires the DMV to issue a California driver's license to anyone who can satisfactorily establish California residency.
No SSN needed.

Oh, maybe you meant Tax Benefits right? Is THAT "Official"?

Get an Individual Taxpayer Number the File for Benefits! The form is available in Spanish too! Well Muchos Grassy Ass!
http://www.sclegal.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=iMoPtd8NJ+Q=&tabid=1943&language=en-US
You can use the ITIN to file an income tax return.
• You may be able to sue the ITIN to claim your spouse on the tax return.
• You may be able to use the ITIN to file a joint tax return with your spouse.
• You may be able to use the ITIN to claim dependent exemptions on the tax return
• You may be able to use the ITIN to claim the Child Tax Credit.
If you have been working and using an incorrect (Stolen) Social Security Number, you can apply for an ITIN and have the wages and tax information from the incorrect number applied to the ITIN.
You can do this by calling the IRS when you receive your new, valid ITIN.
Isn't that nice of the IRS to make it easy for Illegals to work here? But not you?

Texas teen fighting legal ID hurdles because of parents’ homeschooling Christian ways

A 19-year-old Texas woman is gaining attention online after publicly accusing her parents of denying her a way to gain legal identification because of their religious beliefs, The Friendly Atheist reported.

Alecia Faith Pennington’s video explaining her claim has been watched nearly 600,000 times since being posted online on Monday. She says that, though she was born in the U.S., her parents did not file a birth certificate because her delivery was carried out at home. She also says that she never received a Social Security number.

“I was homeschooled my entire life, so I had no school records,” Pennington says. “Also, never been to the hospital, so I have no medical records. This leaves me with nothing to prove my identity or citizenship.”

Pennington also created a Facebook page for her campaign, where she posted a letter saying that state health officials corroborated her statement regarding the lack of a birth certificate. She also said in the letter that her grandmother swore in an affadavit that she knew where and when Pennington was born.

Pennington’s mother, Lisa Pennington, blamed the grandparents for helping her leave their house last September in a post on her own blog. The post has been deleted, but The Friendly Atheist reprinted a portion of Lisa Pennington’s response.

“We discovered that my parents had been planning this with her without telling us (as you can imagine, an additional part of my grief is not only the loss of my daughter but the total end of the relationship with my parents),” Lisa Pennington wrote. “We also learned that she has been telling exaggerated stories about what is going on inside our home to a godless woman who has been giving her foolish counsel and encouraging her to deceive us and get out.”

Lisa Pennington also stated on Facebook that people should “check [their] facts” regarding her daughter’s claim, but has not responded to calls to provide specific evidence countering the allegation. She has not addressed the issue either on her blog or its Facebook page.

More at the link.

One wonders how many nutters like this are using their wacko beliefs to permanently handicap their kids.

Leave it to luddy to ignore the obvious. Why is the government so incompetent that it can allow illegal aliens into this country with no issue, yet can't seem to figure out a simple problem like this?

Why do you always have to attack the poster and then try to derail the thread? Why not just discuss the OP?

If in fact she has no way to prove her identity or Birth then she hires an attorney gets affidavits from witnesses and goes before a Judge. Pretty straight forward process.,

Actually, that's pretty complicated and expensive. And, it likely wouldn't work.

It would be impossible for her to get a driver's license?

Yes. It would be impossible for her to get a driver's license.

I suspect part of the problem here is that we're all accustomed to being able to prove who we are so its hard to really understand what this woman is up against.

If in fact she has no way to prove her identity or Birth then she hires an attorney gets affidavits from witnesses and goes before a Judge. Pretty straight forward process.,

Actually, that's pretty complicated and expensive. And, it likely wouldn't work.

I suspect part of the problem here is that we're all accustomed to being able to prove who we are so its hard to really understand what this woman is up against.

Nonsense. She will have some problem getting a driver's license, at worst. But to claim it's "impossible" is quite baseless.

Not hard at all. And I imagine not that expensive. But you are to busy claiming otherwise with no evidence to back your ignorant claim.

I'm fine the story tough to believe. Three of our kids were born at home, they all have birth certificates.

The source seems a little questionable also.

I cannot say whether or not the story is true but you might want to check out these other 157K sources.

Isn't it interesting that AP, CNN, FOXNews, NBC, CBS, the New York Times or ABC has picked up the story. In fact all are picking it up off one source.

Do you really think this can't be easily fixed. It happened a lot in years past.

How would it be fixed?

She goes to a government office and applies for ID or a driver's license. She has to prove her name before either is issued. How does she do that?

I'm not saying it can't be done but I am asking how.

I remember threads here where posters said they had to produce their birth certificate when they applied for a job. Its been many years since I applied for a job but I never experienced that. I do remember that I could mark a box that said I was a citizen but, very recently, I had to apply for a driver's license and I did have to produce my birth certificate.

I don't have the original and had to get a duplicate from the state where I was born. In order to do that, I had to mail them my original driver's license. Get it? Its a Catch 22.

How does she get around that?

Seriously? In has been done for decades, we have illegal aliens by the millions and you want them all let in and yet this is an issue, come on, you are much smarter than that.

It's your agenda that is making it tough on you.

Ignoring your usual snottiness ...

That's the point, isn't it. This is exactly why 1070 was and is useless. Its also why it makes sense to issue legal driver's licenses to illegals.

Does anyone really believe that drug cartels don't crank out fake IDs by the gazillions? Or that drug runners don't drive illegally?

Big difference when you want to do legally.

The question has not been answered - How does she do it legally?
Sworn affidavits

More at the link.

Is someone like that allowed to vote in Tejastan?

Well, I guess she can never vote.

Gee illegal aliens vote all the time, I'm sure if she promises to vote Democratic, they will find a way.

So you're saying she should commit fraud?
Democrats do it all the time, they vote dead people they vote multiple times in several districts and they have polling officials that steal voter registration material for them.

:lol:

I love the delusions that you guys convince yourselves of. It's amazing to watch.

Forum List

Back