Debate Now Woke Words Not Allowed At Stanford

Now politicly correct speech is not the only thing you have to worry about... now any word can get you tossed out if it is "PERCIEVED" to be racist... You now must be a damn mind reader... Take your words not to say and place the list in your ass... Being offended is a personal choice of the hearing person, not the talking person. Quit trying to make me responsible for your senstitive ass..

Being offended is a personal choice of the hearing person, not the talking person. Quit trying to make me responsible for your senstitive ass..
It's just another incremental step before they casually begin to make speech they disagree with, illegal. The day they start THAT in America, all hell should break loose.

flat,800x800,075,f.u14.jpg

Democrats confuse me. They want fairness, but do everything they can to be unfair, allow cheating, lying an inequity to balance out the cosmic scales. Fair unfairness, it's like something out of Orwell's 1984 universe. Or H.P. Lovecraft. Cthulhu, here we come!

I have to put this out here: When we have a tiny minority that is less than 4% dictating norms? Isn't that contradictory? None the less, this being a Democratic republic, why is the majority demonized? Explain this to me?

I want to ban the words "diversity and inclusion "on the grounds it's bullshit. And Oxford is redefining what a woman "is". Having been born with a uterus and a vagina, and 2 X chromosomes, not enough. Apparently, you can stick your hand up your trench coat and call yourself Napoleon?

I have to put this out here: When we have a tiny minority that is less than 4% dictating norms? Isn't that contradictory? None the less, this being a Democratic republic, why is the majority demonized? Explain this to me?
I'll give it my best shot; The 4% want to rule the world???

The only rule is stay on topic. This is completely unbelievable btw. 🙄

So, trying to get university students to use BETTER LANGUAGE, ie, be more educated, is a bad thing huh?

When the rich people tell the eejits that they need to remain eejits and the eejits say "yes, we want to be eejits, eejits are the best, control us, please", you know you're screwed.

So, trying to get university students to use BETTER LANGUAGE, ie, be more educated, is a bad thing huh?

When the rich people tell the eejits that they need to remain eejits and the eejits say "yes, we want to be eejits, eejits are the best, control us, please", you know you're screwed.
It isn't wanting better language. It is wanting more limiting language.
It was explained better by someone else.

One of Orwell’s most important messages in 1984 is that language is of central importance to human thought because it structures and limits the ideas that individuals are capable of formulating and expressing. If control of language was centralized in a political agency, Orwell proposes, such an agency could possibly alter the very structure of language to make it impossible to even conceive of disobedient or rebellious thoughts, because there would be no words with which to think them. This idea manifests itself in the language of Newspeak, which the Party has introduced to replace English. The Party is constantly refining and perfecting Newspeak, with the ultimate goal that no one will be capable of conceptualizing anything that might threaten the party.

It isn't wanting better language. It is wanting more limiting language.
It was explained better by someone else.

One of Orwell’s most important messages in 1984 is that language is of central importance to human thought because it structures and limits the ideas that individuals are capable of formulating and expressing. If control of language was centralized in a political agency, Orwell proposes, such an agency could possibly alter the very structure of language to make it impossible to even conceive of disobedient or rebellious thoughts, because there would be no words with which to think them. This idea manifests itself in the language of Newspeak, which the Party has introduced to replace English. The Party is constantly refining and perfecting Newspeak, with the ultimate goal that no one will be capable of conceptualizing anything that might threaten the party.

So, if I tell you to use "plump" as an adjective instead of "fat", that's me "limiting language"??
Also, we always limit language. We tell kids not to swear. We tell them to say this and not that. We literally have language that is appropriate for different situations.

Also, what I'd say it's doing is trying to make people aware of different issues. For example, watching a few seconds, there was "beating a dead horse" and says not to use this because it encourages violence against animals.

Now, you can tell someone not to use this, and they might not use it in a paper, I mean, I doubt many use such language in a paper in the first place, but it's telling people that there are issues they need to be aware of.

For example. I will use the word "retarded" to mean "not very good". I used it with my sister who has mental problems and who has worked for charities which deal with disadvantaged people. She got angry at me for using such language. I can see where she's coming from, I can see the need to not use such language around certain people.

When I was at university in my first year I lived with a gay guy, very smart, had done philosophy and was at that time training to be a teacher. I said something was "gay", it just slipped out of my mouth, and I felt bad about it, because it was a ridiculous thing to say.

What this video is saying is that we should just use whatever language we want and screw those who happen to oppose what we're saying.

My point is that we should be aware of OTHER PEOPLE. I see far, FAR too many people on a daily basis ignoring others. I have to use a push bike to go part of my way to work now, and the chances someone will try and kill me is about one in four times I'm on my bike. I see people doing all sorts of things that if they THOUGHT just a little, they probably wouldn't do these things.

However certain people are pushing IGNORANCE, pushing the term "woke" so that they encourage people to be ignorant, so they can manipulate them more.

If you asked such people how they'd feel if they found out they'd been manipulated like crazy, how do you think they'd react?

Forum List

Back