Without education, what kind of jobs will be available to young Americans?

Our schools need reform?

Nonsense.

Our society needs reform.

Do that and the schools will reform themselves as if by magic.

Yet American education lags behind the rest of the world.

If you guys are such hot shit, why aren't blue states better than the whole planet?

You're admitting that liberal states do better than conservative states?

lol, eureka!
No, I'm saying if you guys are so great, how come you still suck?

So you deny that liberal states are doing better than conservative states? You deny that education is better in Massachusetts than it is in Mississippi, for example?

Which is it? Do you agree or disagree?

Good. And I guarantee you conservatives would have a lot less objection to Federal involvement in schools if they weren't teaching touchy-feely crap and actually preparing kids for the real world.

Agreed.

Which is where the 'liberal' schools complaint comes from. I don't think that anyone here is on the side of not educating our entire populous. Nor are they inherently against continued education. What they are against is the current clip schools are taking in reinforcing self image above actually teaching, the idea that failure is not possible anymore in today's schools, the move to photocopying students rather than teaching critical thinking skills and having little to no customization in a curriculum.

Well, I'm sure all that will be fixed once conservatives have gotten teacher pay down to a level where the profession can attract the best and brightest in America.:lol:

lol, eureka!

So you deny that liberal states are doing better than conservative states? You deny that education is better in Massachusetts than it is in Mississippi, for example?

And schools in Europe using 'liberal' techniques are successful.

Which is where the 'liberal' schools complaint comes from. I don't think that anyone here is on the side of not educating our entire populous. Nor are they inherently against continued education. What they are against is the current clip schools are taking in reinforcing self image above actually teaching, the idea that failure is not possible anymore in today's schools, the move to photocopying students rather than teaching critical thinking skills and having little to no customization in a curriculum.

Reinforcing self image is much more important than you would believe in the development of a child.

Reinforcing self image is something that parents do. Schools teach. Also, avoiding failure is NOT reinforcing self image, it is destroying the ability to equate actions with results.

I don't send my child to school so he can 'feel' good. He goes there to learn.

lol, eureka!

You keep parroting this crap. How about schools all over the country tend to not fall along your ideological bullshit. No, liberal states are not necessarily better at education than conservative ones are and vice versa.
Ranking of Middle Schools in USA
(middle school rankings in 03 as they want you to pay for rankings for HS and newer ones)
Best High Schools for Math and Science | US News Best High Schools
(includes private schools, magnet schools and charter schools for math and science)

I am sure that you have a graph somewhere that you have been peeing your pants to post so go ahead and post it already. I don't see why you needed someone to challenge you before you post any of your proof...

Reinforcing self image is much more important than you would believe in the development of a child.

Reinforcing self image is something that parents do. Schools teach. Also, avoiding failure is NOT reinforcing self image, it is destroying the ability to equate actions with results.

My children go to a progressive school that deals with giving them self confidence, and it is amazing. My son easily overcomes a learning disability because of self confidence. My children, 8 and 11 happily will go on a bus trip from New York City to Vermont without us. Self confidence helps the student deal with school in their high school years. Any teacher will tell you this. Today, too many homes have both parents in careers, or at least working, and the children are neglected as far as training. I feel sorry for your children if they are not confident and do not feel good about themselves.

You keep parroting this crap. How about schools all over the country tend to not fall along your ideological bullshit. No, liberal states are not necessarily better at education than conservative ones are and vice versa.
(middle school rankings in 03 as they want you to pay for rankings for HS and newer ones)
(includes private schools, magnet schools and charter schools for math and science)

I am sure that you have a graph somewhere that you have been peeing your pants to post so go ahead and post it already. I don't see why you needed someone to challenge you before you post any of your proof...

The average grade attended in school is higher in blue states than red states.

magnet_bush_isOurChildrenLearning_350x251.jpg

My children go to a progressive school that deals with giving them self confidence, and it is amazing. My son easily overcomes a learning disability because of self confidence. My children, 8 and 11 happily will go on a bus trip from New York City to Vermont without us. Self confidence helps the student deal with school in their high school years. Any teacher will tell you this. Today, too many homes have both parents in careers, or at least working, and the children are neglected as far as training. I feel sorry for your children if they are not confident and do not feel good about themselves.

Self confidence can be built through strife too. I postulate that self confidence gained on ones own is far greater than self confidence that is taught.

Self confidence can be built through strife too. I postulate that self confidence gained on ones own is far greater than self confidence that is taught.

Not everyone gets it this way.

The average grade attended in school is higher in blue states than red states.

Because he said so...

Any state that does not test students with a National Standardized test is subject to criticism. Many states do as Tennessee, make up their own, watered down version of test to alter the scores and make the schools appear better than they are.

Forum List

Back