Without education, what kind of jobs will be available to young Americans?

If liberals had the answers for education then wouldn't we have one of the top education programs in the world after decades of liberal ideas running our schools?

Are we?

Liberal states have the best education overall in the country.
Yet American education lags behind the rest of the world.

If you guys are such hot shit, why aren't blue states better than the whole planet?

It's interesting to note that the agenda conservatives call liberal for education is the same policies in place in those countries that DO have education that trumps ours completely.

Just pointing that out.

Liberal states have the best education overall in the country.

If you guys are such hot shit, why aren't blue states better than the whole planet?

It's interesting to note that the agenda conservatives call liberal for education is the same policies in place in those countries that DO have education that trumps ours completely.

Just pointing that out.

Incorrectly.

Just pointing that out.

Incorrectly.

Incorrect.

United States is number 20 and falling. Who's ahead of us?

Education in Denmark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are one of the top 3.

The Danish education system provides access to primary school, secondary school and most kinds of higher education. Attendance at "Folkeskole" or equivalent education is compulsory for a minimum of 9 years. Equivalent education could be in private schools or classes attended at home. About 99% of students attend primary school, 86% attend secondary school, and 41% pursue further education. All college education in Denmark is free; there are no tuition fees to enroll in courses. Students in secondary school or higher and aged 18 or above may apply for student support which provides fixed financial support, disbursed monthly.

Just pointing that out.

Incorrectly.

Incorrect.

The Danish education system provides access to primary school, secondary school and most kinds of higher education. Attendance at "Folkeskole" or equivalent education is compulsory for a minimum of 9 years. Equivalent education could be in private schools or classes attended at home. About 99% of students attend primary school, 86% attend secondary school, and 41% pursue further education. All college education in Denmark is free; there are no tuition fees to enroll in courses. Students in secondary school or higher and aged 18 or above may apply for student support which provides fixed financial support, disbursed monthly.
But what do they teach? Do they teach math and science, or do they teach feelings and self-esteem like American schools?

Incorrectly.

Incorrect.

But what do they teach? Do they teach math and science, or do they teach feelings and self-esteem like American schools?

That's...kind of out of the context of my point. I agree with you that we should be teaching useful workable knowledge.

They don't' do that feel good crap american schools do.

Incorrect.

That's...kind of out of the context of my point. I agree with you that we should be teaching useful workable knowledge.

Good. And I guarantee you conservatives would have a lot less objection to Federal involvement in schools if they weren't teaching touchy-feely crap and actually preparing kids for the real world.

Good. And I guarantee you conservatives would have a lot less objection to Federal involvement in schools if they weren't teaching touchy-feely crap and actually preparing kids for the real world.

Agreed.

Agreed.

:beer:

Agreed.

Which is where the 'liberal' schools complaint comes from. I don't think that anyone here is on the side of not educating our entire populous. Nor are they inherently against continued education. What they are against is the current clip schools are taking in reinforcing self image above actually teaching, the idea that failure is not possible anymore in today's schools, the move to photocopying students rather than teaching critical thinking skills and having little to no customization in a curriculum.

In other words, you failed, and you have no idea why -- so throw more money at it!!

Incompetent.

Yes, but use the money to completely change the system.
You don't want to change the system. You want to perpetuate it.

Who screeches the loudest at mention of education reform? The left.

You have no idea what I think about education. I teach college, and all of my post graduate work was done in education. You are just ignorant and blinded by your hatred.

Agreed.

Which is where the 'liberal' schools complaint comes from. I don't think that anyone here is on the side of not educating our entire populous. Nor are they inherently against continued education. What they are against is the current clip schools are taking in reinforcing self image above actually teaching, the idea that failure is not possible anymore in today's schools, the move to photocopying students rather than teaching critical thinking skills and having little to no customization in a curriculum.

Reinforcing self image is much more important than you would believe in the development of a child.

What are you referring to as touchy-feely crap?

Forum List

Back