Will there be a rebellion within the Catholic Church?

Meri, Blackrook and other RC's. Jesus is in Heaven only. He has been only in Heaven for 2,000 plus years UNTIL His Second Coming. The closest He gets to earth next time is at the PRETRIB RAPTURE when Believers are called up to meet Him in the clouds.

Jesus has been in Heaven for 2,000 years since He left; seated at the right hand of the Father. Jesus said He would send a comforter, the Holy Spirit. It is the Spirit who lives on the inside of the Believer, not Jesus. Jesus is not omnipresent.

The Ascension (Mark 16:19)-

19 So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.

John 14.16: And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforter to be with you forever -- the Spirit of truth ."

John 14.26: But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

The Return of the Son of Man (Matt 24:26)

26"So if they say to you, 'Behold, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out, or, 'Behold, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe them. 27"For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.…

He arose bodily from the grave, then ascended bodily to God's throne, and that “this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven” (Acts 1:11), will return. Until He returns, therefore, He is seated bodily at the right hand of the presence of the triune God in heaven.

Jesus is not in the Eucharist or anything else.

So, another of your beliefs is that where two or three gather in his name, Jesus is not there? Is there anything else you wish to share with us about what Christ said that you don't believe?

the Holy Spirit is there. Jesus is not omnipresent. He is fully man also remember. Jesus is seated in Heaven at the right hand of the Father UNTIL He meets us in the clouds at the pretrib rapture.

This Pope, so beloved to liberals and secularists, is causing a firestorm of criticism among the more traditional faithful, including one Cardinal who was demoted for speaking his mind.

But conservative Catholics have no where to go. One of their foundations is that the Pope is infallible, and should not be openly criticized by faithful Catholics.

So conservative Catholics are breaking their own rules. Where can this lead, but total chaos?

The Church can easily survive while liberal Catholics bash the Church and all its teachings, as it has done for decades, but can it withstand it when conservatives are the ones tearing down the roof?

If the Catholic Church cannot depend on its conservative ranks for stability and faithfulness, who then is left?

The situation is far more serious than outsiders may suspect.

My father, a devout Catholic, said today that this Pope is the worst in his lifetime.

That's saying a lot, because that makes him worse than John XXIII, who made so many changes with Vatican II that he is the boogeyman of Popes for conservative Catholics.
I hope you never catch me relating a dream ever again on this board but this since you brought this up I will relay it. This was almost a year ago so I was just learning about religion and why I should have this incredibly vivid dream I do not know. Anyway the Pope was assassinated by two of the people directly under him, kind of the King Caesar thing. The assassins were people believing the Pope had strayed too far from tradition. The two assassins then escapes Rome but were later found in Slovenia. I thought Slovenia an odd thing but I looked and it is 97% Catholic, which probably should not come as a surprise. I have also heard the Pope say he expects not to be around in a couple of years. I am not making any predictions but history would say he has gone to far out on the branch.
Here is a fun little game for you rational, non-religious types. In this post I made almost two months ago I stated that the Pope said he expected to be around for only a couple more years. It is true he did say that, two weeks ago. Let's say that one of the many people who keep the Pope safe was scanning for threats (which my post was in no way) and came across my post and told the Pope. The Pope thought it amusing and stated the same in an interview. Now, who said it first. Technically he did or I would have not said it.

I do not take this any more serious than the rest of the coincidences that happen every other day or so. Can't exactly sit around all day trying to figure out who the Pope's secret agent on the message board is, now can I, Meriweather? ;) Beside, these rational, non-religious types have a explanation for everything.

This Pope, so beloved to liberals and secularists, is causing a firestorm of criticism among the more traditional faithful, including one Cardinal who was demoted for speaking his mind.

But conservative Catholics have no where to go. One of their foundations is that the Pope is infallible, and should not be openly criticized by faithful Catholics.

So conservative Catholics are breaking their own rules. Where can this lead, but total chaos?

The Church can easily survive while liberal Catholics bash the Church and all its teachings, as it has done for decades, but can it withstand it when conservatives are the ones tearing down the roof?

If the Catholic Church cannot depend on its conservative ranks for stability and faithfulness, who then is left?

My father, a devout Catholic, said today that this Pope is the worst in his lifetime.

That's saying a lot, because that makes him worse than John XXIII, who made so many changes with Vatican II that he is the boogeyman of Popes for conservative Catholics.

"Conservative Catholics have no where to go"

Ya, not like anyone ever took a shot at a Pope before.

I hope you never catch me relating a dream ever again on this board but this since you brought this up I will relay it. This was almost a year ago so I was just learning about religion and why I should have this incredibly vivid dream I do not know. Anyway the Pope was assassinated by two of the people directly under him, kind of the King Caesar thing. The assassins were people believing the Pope had strayed too far from tradition. The two assassins then escapes Rome but were later found in Slovenia. I thought Slovenia an odd thing but I looked and it is 97% Catholic, which probably should not come as a surprise. I have also heard the Pope say he expects not to be around in a couple of years. I am not making any predictions but history would say he has gone to far out on the branch.
Here is a fun little game for you rational, non-religious types. In this post I made almost two months ago I stated that the Pope said he expected to be around for only a couple more years. It is true he did say that, two weeks ago. Let's say that one of the many people who keep the Pope safe was scanning for threats (which my post was in no way) and came across my post and told the Pope. The Pope thought it amusing and stated the same in an interview. Now, who said it first. Technically he did or I would have not said it.

I do not take this any more serious than the rest of the coincidences that happen every other day or so. Can't exactly sit around all day trying to figure out who the Pope's secret agent on the message board is, now can I, Meriweather? ;) Beside, these rational, non-religious types have a explanation for everything.
I do try to correct myself if I ever come across something that shows my err. I stated that the Pope said he expected to be around for a couple more years. That was actually Achmadinejad.

The second Islamic revolution and the return of Mahdi Missing Peace missingpeace.eu EN
By Missing Peace Sharon Shaked and Yochanan Visser. Jerusalem June 29th 2011
Furthermore, the religious differences between the two leaders date back to the election of Achmadinejad in 2005.
Khamenei then mocked Achmadinejad’s observation that he would only serve as president for two years until the arrival of the Mahdi.
The article was four years ago and Achmadinejad is still around so perhaps the Pope will make it another 4 years. :D Was there just a bit of cross connection in the fact that I confused Achmadinejad referring to the twelfth imam and the Pope? And just when there are red skies at night (that is a good thing) there might just be a sequel.

Hardline Push May Return Ahmadinejad to Iranian National Stage
By INu staff. 22 April 2015
Another article in IranWire points out that the public initiatives of Iranian hardliners are such that they may be on the verge of returning the bellicose and confrontational former President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to the national stage. What’s more, the push for Ahmadinejad’s return to power may be further bolstered by alliance with formerly competing hardliners, namely the Front of Islamic Revolutionary Stability.

IranWire adds that the potential victory of these parties is made rather more likely by the aspects of the current presidential administration that contradict its moderate image. These include the fact that many officials who were loyal to Ahmadinejad have retained their positions since the election of Hassan Rouhani in 2013.​
:blowup:;)

Interesting that you would bring this up now as I just had a conversation with several Catholics recently on just this point. They feel, and I tend to agree, that the exact opposite will occur. They spoke very favorably about what they feel is a Pope who can bring the Church into the modern age and get rid of some of the outdated beliefs and traditions that have acted as a barrier between the Church and society. As one said "in my area people are flocking back to the church." Of course hardcore conservative Catholics will disagree. We will see how it all shakes out

Who knows?

Maybe a slew of Roman Catholics will suddenly discover that, abusive husband that he might have been, Henry VIII might have gotten one or two things right!

Could that, boys and girls, be why God made Anglicans? As a bolt-hole for this very situation?

I think the Catholic church should pay their property taxes so we can pay-off the debt.

Forum List

Back