"So the Asgard have declared war on humanity?"

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
"No, Loki has."

A quick unemphasized line to all but those who watch things cirtically like myself. :) "Marvel's Avengers" on FX last night. Nick Fury's in hologramatic conference with the council after Loki arrives and steals the tesseract and they're confused over the distinction between an entire alien race, and an individual of that race.

Islam is not our enemy, terrorists who happen to be Muslim are.

"No, Loki has."

A quick unemphasized line to all but those who watch things cirtically like myself. :) "Marvel's Avengers" on FX last night. Nick Fury's in hologramatic conference with the council after Loki arrives and steals the tesseract and they're confused over the distinction between an entire alien race, and an individual of that race.

Are you a Muslim?

I find we have two types of Islam defenders on the board: non-Muslims who explain how Muslims do not think and Muslims who point out that someone, somewhere, at some time has done something worse.

I tend to speak in defense of every religion. Not just Islam. But Paganism. Catholicism. Christianity. O9A Satanism. Luciferianism. Thelema. Etc

"No, Loki has."

No ... the Obama administration has.

I tend to speak in defense of every religion. Not just Islam. But Paganism. Catholicism. Christianity. O9A Satanism. Luciferianism. Thelema. Etc

You are one seriously confused individual.

Is it not a more powerful choice to absorb wisdom, lessons, and inspiration from many cultures and religions... as opposed to limiting yourself to the weltanschauung of a single culture or religion, and loving one religion while hating on all the others?

Is it not a more powerful choice to absorb wisdom, lessons, and inspiration from many cultures and religions... as opposed to limiting yourself to the weltanschauung of a single culture or religion, and loving one religion while hating on all the others?

There is something very different from a culture and a religion. Perhaps that is where you find the possibility in believing in many different, as you say, cultures and religions. There is one God, Yahweh. I follow Yahweh and he leads me because I follow him and no other. If I were to say, "I follow Yahweh and this here oddly shaped rock." Then Yahweh would not lead me. Yahweh would not be my God.

There is something very different from a culture and a religion. Perhaps that is where you find the possibility in believing in many different, as you say, cultures and religions. There is one God, Yahweh. I follow Yahweh and he leads me because I follow him and no other. If I were to say, "I follow Yahweh and this here oddly shaped rock." Then Yahweh would not lead me. Yahweh would not be my God.

I worship YHWH and only YHWH, and still I absorb wisdom, lessons, and inspiration from many religions.

I worship YHWH and only YHWH, and still I absorb wisdom, lessons, and inspiration from many religions.

Nice try. No, it does not work that way.

Nice try. No, it does not work that way.

Why?

Because you say it doesn't? Or because some church or preacher convinced you of that?

I worship only the highest, greatest and most awesome God YHWH, yet I have no reason to become a follower of any religion. God has never required that of me.

You do not have to become a "follower" of a religion in order to absorb wisdom, lessons, and inspiration from it.

"No, Loki has."

Are you a Muslim?

No, I hate all religions equally and impartially. :) But I hate dishonesty and hypocrisy more.

"No, Loki has."

Are you a Muslim?

No, I hate all religions equally and impartially. :) But I hate dishonesty and hypocrisy more.
But Muslims and terrorists are one and the same. Maybe not that every Muslim carries an AK to work but if you hurt one Muslim you hurt all Muslims, as they like to say. That cuts both ways. One Muslim blows up a cafe all the Muslims blow up a cafe. If they can justify their violence then they can take the responsibility that way.

"No, Loki has."

Are you a Muslim?

But Muslims and terrorists are one and the same. Maybe not that every Muslim carries an AK to work but if you hurt one Muslim you hurt all Muslims, as they like to say. That cuts both ways. One Muslim blows up a cafe all the Muslims blow up a cafe. If they can justify their violence then they can take the responsibility that way.

Being a Muslim and calling yourself a Muslim is just like when Christians, or those claiming to be Christians do bad things. But no one disses the whole of Christianity for the actions of one nutjob who murders an abortion doctor say or blows up an abortion clinic. Yet that's the standard we then apply to Islam when some nut claiming to be Muslim does something horrible. It's the kind of hypocritical double-standard which to me is patently obvious but not I guess to people with some religious dog in the fight.

"No, Loki has."

Are you a Muslim?

Being a Muslim and calling yourself a Muslim is just like when Christians, or those claiming to be Christians do bad things. But no one disses the whole of Christianity for the actions of one nutjob who murders an abortion doctor say or blows up an abortion clinic. Yet that's the standard we then apply to Islam when some nut claiming to be Muslim does something horrible. It's the kind of hypocritical double-standard which to me is patently obvious but not I guess to people with some religious dog in the fight.
You hate all religions so what do you base this expert opinion on?

"No, Loki has."

Are you a Muslim?

I read, I think, I compare multiple sources of information. When you're at work or you know, having a life, I'm studying. :)

Are you a Muslim?

I read, I think, I compare multiple sources of information. When you're at work or you know, having a life, I'm studying. :)
Do Christian have a version of the global Muslim spirit?

I could get behind Norse mythology. The Judeo-Christian-Muslim religions offer forgiveness. Buddhism offers reincarnation and eventual enlightenment. The Norse mythology offers Ragnarok and Valhalla and halls filled with maidens and endless mead and singing and everyone looks like Zack Wylde.

If I have to pick a religion, I'm going with the one that can be made into a series of action movies.

Forum List

Back