Will the Trump Stock Market crash equal Bush’s?

Bush spent waaay too fucking much.

Do you still need the definition of "personal responsibility"?
Wow!! see was that so hard???

Maybe now you'll start to understand how all this economics stuff works...
Baby steps...

If you need me to clear up any more of your confusion, I'm always glad to help.
Let's see if you are ready to graduate middle school and move on to high school...
So now you are ready to admit that while blame goes to many people, the Bush administration, as a 2 term Admin and in charge of the entire US of A... with a GOP Congress for the first 6 years, is most responsible for the most epic collapse since the Great Depression?

Plenty of blame to go around.
Clinton for making Fannie and Freddie buy 50% subprime.
Bush for raising the mandate to 55%. Greenspan can take some blame
for cutting rates too much before Y2K. Dems for pushing mortgages for
poor people. Bush for going along.

Not to mention human nature......bubbles happen.
Under Dems, under Republicans. With the Fed, before the Fed.
Under a gold standard, under fiat.
In the US, in other countries...….no one is immune.
NOPE! He's not ready for Highschool yet!

Here's the first tip. The most epic economic collapse since the great depression has a lot more causes than just subprime mortgages and lending to poor people. A LOT MORE. A lot more. I can always tell the simpletons when they think that the Great recession was caused by "Clinton making em lend to the poor" Once you figure that out, you will then know more about the great Bush Collapse, economics, policy etc etc. You do realize that plenty of middleclass people and people with fine credit, and even upper middle class people lost their homes/went bust. In addition AIG and other insurance companies went bust and the banks that required the bailout etc etc. Many many many more causes than what you just stated.
Sorry bud, but you have a lot more studying to do.

I still have never met a single republican that can admit reality about the Bush collapse. When you are a 2 term president with 6 years of a GOP Congress you are the most responsible person/party for the Great Recession. Plus look at all the myriad of causes in addition to "lending to the poor" The Right just can't do it... They can't admit it... Either you people are too stupid to understand, or there is something in your blood that causes you to never accept responsibility for your mistakes in life, whether they are by you directly or the stupid political party that you support with cultish undying loyalty no matter what.
Just lie and deny, that's why you love Trump so much I think.

Big words for a guy in 2nd grade.

The most epic economic collapse since the great depression has a lot more causes than just subprime mortgages and lending to poor people.

Where did I say that was the only cause?

Are ye daft?

You do realize that plenty of middleclass people and people with fine credit, and even upper middle class people lost their homes/went bust.

Hard to make a big mortgage payment when you lose your job.

I still have never met a single republican that can admit reality about the Bush collapse. When you are a 2 term president with 6 years of a GOP Congress you are the most responsible person/party for the Great Recession.

Hey, if you want to blame Bush most, who am I to argue?

Plus look at all the myriad of causes in addition to "lending to the poor"

I know!!! I mean the housing market in Europe didn't collapse because of CRA, right?

We know you will never criticize anybody that has an R next to their name... It's much easier for you to blame the other party...

Bush spent waaay too fucking much.

Do you still need the definition of "personal responsibility"?

Baby steps...

Let's see if you are ready to graduate middle school and move on to high school...
So now you are ready to admit that while blame goes to many people, the Bush administration, as a 2 term Admin and in charge of the entire US of A... with a GOP Congress for the first 6 years, is most responsible for the most epic collapse since the Great Depression?

I get that you're a partisan hack above all, but you seem to have some idea, though scant, of how the market works. So tell me, what exactly did Bush do, particularly in his second term, that precipitated the bubble and the bursting of it? Did Bush cause CDO's to be rated AAA despite being loaded with toxic mortgages? Did Bush cause these to be sold on the open market as legitimate securities?

Seriously, you talk shit, but it's all partisan lies, while it appears you know better. Do you really have such low integrity?
It's funny how anybody that doesn't tow the line of fake BS GOP excuses and talking points is a partisan hack in your book. If I don't drink the GOP BS koolaid and believe the BS GOP lies, then I'm a partisan hack. If I'm a moderate, then I'm a partisan hack in your book, and that shows how truly partisan you are.

Your first problem is that you think a recession is caused by a bill or presidential order. Recessions are caused by many factors and many different policies, so right from the beginning you have a lack of understanding of how economies and markets operate. You seem to think that The Greatest economic collapse since the Great Depression was caused by one single bill, and if we find the originator of that bill, we have found the culprit for the entire collapse? What a simple way of thinking, which shows you really have a lack of understanding of this whole collapse. In your simplistic economic view you say the CRA was the cause of the Great Recession so Clinton is to blame for something that occurred many years after he left office??? What sense does that make??? When in the entire US economic history can you pinpoint one bill or policy that caused a recession? That is partisan BS and stupidity, so I'm dealing with somebody who is totally clueless from the beginning.

While the Bush Collapse has many causes, the Bush Administration is the main culprit because they were running the country for 7 years and had a GOP Congress for the first 6 years. They set the economic agenda, which was an agenda of massive spending bills and massive tax cuts that went primarily to the ultra wealthy and did little to stimulate organic growth. They were in charge of the oversight and regulation of the economy and they completely failed to see all the many signals and signs that the economy was in serious danger. They failed to produce any real economic growth other than the housing bubble (and deficit spending, and deficit military spending on the war) and were more than happy to let it grow and grow and did nothing to control or regulate an obvious crisis.
From 2004-2006 subprime lending increased from 10% of loans (historical average is 8%) to 20%. A massive increase and Bush did nothing. Then the CDS (credit default swaps) insurance on the CDOs increased massively and AIG and the other insurers sold an unlimited amount of them, as they could keep selling the more insurance on the same loan ie. have 3 different insurance policies on one house. These insurance companies were not required to have appropriate capital reserves. Bush did nothing about that. Shadow banking, Lehman brothers Bear Sterns etc, were called shadow banks as they essentially did the same thing as banks but without taking deposits so they didn't hold peoples money and were not regulated like other banks. The shadow banks grew in size to rival normal banks. Bush missed this.
The rating agencies. They were incorrectly rating bad loans as good. Bush missed this.

Nobody said being president is easy. It is not, but at the end of the day the President is in charge of America and the economy. If he fucks it up and misses the signs, and has terrible economic policy that exacerbates a brewing crisis and terrible foreign policy that wastes trillions of dollars, well he doesn't get to cry and whine and blame the other guy. To say the Bush admin is not primarily responsible because they didn't pass a bill that singlehandedly caused the Bush Collapse, is just another example of the GOP trying to pass blame on somebody else. It certainly isn't Clinton's fault or Reagans, or Bush 1. When you are president you take responsibility for the good and bad. Sometimes that can be fair, sometimes unfair, but at the end of the day, the buck stops there. Basically you want to pick and choose who gets the blame for every recession (blaming the democrats everytime even though every republican has presided over at least 1 recession for like 100 years), and it doesn't work that way. The president takes responsibility for his policies and his failed policies and his failed actions and inactions. Like I said there are many causes of the Bush Collapse, and many people to blame, but the Bush Admin was in charge for 2 terms and they take the majority of the blame.

If there was a recession in 2015, who would take responsibility for that? Obama.

Basically the GOP can't take responsibility for anything and they just blame everyone else for their failures...

If Bush were a dem, you'd be blaming him for the collapse, because you are a partisan hack that only sees D and R.

Last edited:

Baby steps...

Here's the first tip. The most epic economic collapse since the great depression has a lot more causes than just subprime mortgages and lending to poor people. A LOT MORE. A lot more. I can always tell the simpletons when they think that the Great recession was caused by "Clinton making em lend to the poor" Once you figure that out, you will then know more about the great Bush Collapse, economics, policy etc etc. You do realize that plenty of middleclass people and people with fine credit, and even upper middle class people lost their homes/went bust. In addition AIG and other insurance companies went bust and the banks that required the bailout etc etc. Many many many more causes than what you just stated.

I still have never met a single republican that can admit reality about the Bush collapse. When you are a 2 term president with 6 years of a GOP Congress you are the most responsible person/party for the Great Recession. Plus look at all the myriad of causes in addition to "lending to the poor" The Right just can't do it... They can't admit it... Either you people are too stupid to understand, or there is something in your blood that causes you to never accept responsibility for your mistakes in life, whether they are by you directly or the stupid political party that you support with cultish undying loyalty no matter what.

The most epic economic collapse since the great depression has a lot more causes than just subprime mortgages and lending to poor people.

Are ye daft?

You do realize that plenty of middleclass people and people with fine credit, and even upper middle class people lost their homes/went bust.

I still have never met a single republican that can admit reality about the Bush collapse. When you are a 2 term president with 6 years of a GOP Congress you are the most responsible person/party for the Great Recession.

I know!!! I mean the housing market in Europe didn't collapse because of CRA, right?

Great comeback. You try to act like you know something and nit pick over everyones post with partisan stupidity when I just exposed you for being a total fuckin moron. You have demonstrated a clear lack of understanding of any of this, not even understanding the causes of the Great recession beyond subprime lending. Congratulations, your stupidity is on display for everyone to see, you should be really proud. Next time maybe you should do some homework and maybe you won't look so stupid.

Are ye daft?

Great comeback. You try to act like you know something and nit pick over everyones post with partisan stupidity when I just exposed you for being a total fuckin moron. You have demonstrated a clear lack of understanding of any of this, not even understanding the causes of the Great recession beyond subprime lending. Congratulations, your stupidity is on display for everyone to see, you should be really proud. Next time maybe you should do some homework and maybe you won't look so stupid.

You try to act like you know something

More than you.....I know, low bar.

Are ye daft?

You try to act like you know something

More than you.....I know, low bar.
What are 5 years old? Great comeback! AHAHAHA!!!! Your lack of knowledge and stupidity is on display for everyone to see. Notice how it is obvious you know nothing about any of the real issues. You can have the last word, you have already embarrassed yourself enough tonight.

(Insert you next childish response here)
:290968001256257790-final:

It has been ten years since Republicans crashed the stock market

Trump is showing signs of collapsing the economy
I predict a "Yuge" stock market crash under Trump's leadershit.
The DOW is up 6,000 points since you posted that prediction!

fredgraph.png

Trump Republicans are printing & airdropping billions more QE money to keep the economy afloat! Fed Repos for Days!

Trump Republicans are printing & airdropping billions more QE money to keep the economy afloat!

QE is when they purchase bonds to permanently increase the money supply.
These repos are for 14 days.
Trump's been President for 1,066 days. During that period the Fed has REDUCED it's assets from $4.5T to $4.1T

Over Obama's last 1,066 days the Fed INCREASED it's assets from $4.2T to $4.5T.

fredgraph.png

Can you direct me to your posts over Obama's last 3 years where you were expressing your great alarm over the Fed adding $3T to it's balance sheet?

Now lately, the Fed has been giving back a small portion of of the $4T it has drained in liquidity since Trump took office, but, there is a very good reason for that.

As Central banks are injecting $100 billion each month in electronic money to crush volatility and ramp markets: a similar amount in physical currency and precious metals has been literally disappearing.

Fox Business picked up on this thread, writing that almost $1.5 trillion of the world's physical cash, with $100 dollar bills making up the vast majority, was reportedly unaccounted for.

So what happened to the money?

To get to the bottom of this mystery, this was the question FOX Business anchor Lou Dobbs asked the man who literally signs every single US dollar bill, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. The response" "Literally, a lot of these $100 bills are sitting in bank vaults all over the world," Mnuchin said.

Mnuchin pointed to the negative interest rates causing people to turn to American dollars as a solid investment.

The dollar is the reserve currency of the world, and everybody wants to hold dollars," Mnuchin said on "Lou Dobbs Tonight." "And the reason why they want to hold dollars is because the U.S. is a safe place to have your money, to invest and to hold your assets."

Mnuchin said it's interesting that, in a increasingly digital world, "the demand for U.S. currency continues to go up." adding that "there's a lot of Benjamins all over the world."

There are now more $100 bills in circulation than $1 bills, according to data from the Federal Reserve, which found there are more $100s than any other denomination of U.S. currency. And as an indication of just how much demand there is for physical stores of value, consider this: the number of bills featuring a picture of Benjamin Franklin has about doubled since the start of the recession.

100%20bills%20vs%201%20bills_0.jpg

In 2018, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago illustrated a correlation between low interest rates and high currency demand, though it also noted outside factors could help explain swelling demand.

The bank estimated that 80% of all $100 bills last year were actually in circulation in foreign countries, and explained that residents in other countries, particularly those with unstable financial systems, often use the notes as a safe haven.

Steven Mnuchin Explains Why $1.5 Trillion In $100 Bills Have Disappeared

Last edited:
Trump Republicans are printing & airdropping billions more QE money to keep the economy afloat! Fed Repos for Days!

Trump Republicans are printing & airdropping billions more QE money to keep the economy afloat!

Trump's been President for 1,066 days. During that period the Fed has REDUCED it's assets from $4.5T to $4.1T

fredgraph.png

Can you direct me to your posts over Obama's last 3 years where you were expressing your great alarm over the Fed adding $3T to it's balance sheet?

Now lately, the Fed has been giving back a small portion of of the $4T it has drained in liquidity since Trump took office, but, there is a very good reason for that.

As Central banks are injecting $100 billion each month in electronic money to crush volatility and ramp markets: a similar amount in physical currency and precious metals has been literally disappearing.

Fox Business picked up on this thread, writing that almost $1.5 trillion of the world's physical cash, with $100 dollar bills making up the vast majority, was reportedly unaccounted for.

To get to the bottom of this mystery, this was the question FOX Business anchor Lou Dobbs asked the man who literally signs every single US dollar bill, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. The response" "Literally, a lot of these $100 bills are sitting in bank vaults all over the world," Mnuchin said.

Mnuchin pointed to the negative interest rates causing people to turn to American dollars as a solid investment.

The dollar is the reserve currency of the world, and everybody wants to hold dollars," Mnuchin said on "Lou Dobbs Tonight." "And the reason why they want to hold dollars is because the U.S. is a safe place to have your money, to invest and to hold your assets."

Mnuchin said it's interesting that, in a increasingly digital world, "the demand for U.S. currency continues to go up." adding that "there's a lot of Benjamins all over the world."

There are now more $100 bills in circulation than $1 bills, according to data from the Federal Reserve, which found there are more $100s than any other denomination of U.S. currency. And as an indication of just how much demand there is for physical stores of value, consider this: the number of bills featuring a picture of Benjamin Franklin has about doubled since the start of the recession.

In 2018, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago illustrated a correlation between low interest rates and high currency demand, though it also noted outside factors could help explain swelling demand.

The bank estimated that 80% of all $100 bills last year were actually in circulation in foreign countries, and explained that residents in other countries, particularly those with unstable financial systems, often use the notes as a safe haven.

$400 billion, not $4 trillion.

fredgraph.png

$400 billion, not $4 trillion.
Correct! Thank you.

Paul Krugman. Smiling, Republican-hating, lying and like many Hollywood Leftists, grossly overpaid.

It's been 6 years since Obama's market malaise. Fortunately Trump in the last 2 years has created the best economy of most folks' lifetimes.

The Stock Market was at 22,445 when you posted this.

WINNING: Dow crosses 29,000 for first time. “All three of the major averages hit record highs.”

PAUL KRUGMAN ON ELECTION NIGHT 2016: “If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never.”

The DOW was at 22,445 when you posted this.

It's at 29,030.22 today.

PAUL KRUGMAN ON ELECTION NIGHT 2016: “If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never.”

Today: Stocks Hit Record Highs As U.S. Signs Phase One Trade Deal With China.

UPDATE: China Pledges To Buy $200 Billion Of American Goods Under Phase One Trade Deal.

Plus: Landmark Trade Deal With China; New York Times Hardest Hit.

“All in all, Phase One is a significant achievement of the Trump administration, accomplished in the face of hysterical opposition from the Democrats, who implicitly, at a minimum, have encouraged the Chinese not to make a deal, but rather to hold out in hopes of getting to negotiate with a Democrat in 2021. That context makes the administration’s accomplishment doubly impressive. President Trump understands the dynamic in play between the Red Chinese and the Democrats, and hasn’t been afraid to talk about it. Thus, today he signaled that he is not worried about the 2020 election, and the Chinese shouldn’t hold out in hopes of getting to negotiate with an anti-American like Bernie Sanders or a naif like Pete Buttigieg.”​

DEMOCRAT GRAPH:
WHEN REAGAN WAS PRESIDENT, REPLACE "OUR FAULT" with "RICH ARE GETTING RICHER AND POOR ARE GETTING POORER". WHEN CLINTON WAS PRESIDENT, THE CRY WAS "THE ECONOMY'S IN GOOD SHAPE!"

Replace "THEIR FAULT" with "WE'RE GLAD GREEDY RICH ARE LOSING THEIR ASSES" and "BUSH IS STOOPID!"

The libs really seem to be failing in their pathetic attempt to destroy the US economy and blame Trump for it.

This post is 13 months old, and Trumponomics is just roaring along.

And it just isn't the stock market, but the labor market as well.

Trump's AVERAGE unemployment rate is 3.9%, under Obamunism, the average was 9.3%, more than twice as much.

Forum List

Back