Will the Catholic church deny Biden communion?

Biden should be excommunicated and indicted for HATE ...he hates whites ...he's destroying the US

Biden should be excommunicated and indicted for HATE ...he hates whites ...he's destroying the US
Why should they excommunicate him and exactly who has he demonstrated hate towards?

I think it's you who has hate for democrats.

How is he destroying the US ? I'll bet you have no answers for any of those questions. No one hates like republicans. And such good Christians too. But you must have unique dispensation to hate democrats. Does your God approve of you hating democrats?
Just as I thought. It's you is the problem.

Why should they excommunicate him and exactly who has he demonstrated hate towards?

How is he destroying the US ? I'll bet you have no answers for any of those questions. No one hates like republicans. And such good Christians too. But you must have unique dispensation to hate democrats. Does your God approve of you hating democrats?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. ever since he got elected he has UNDENIABLY has shown hate towards whites [ be careful how you answer to that so that you don't look silly ]
WHITE SUPREMACY//white this white that
HATE of cops!! law and order
2. hahahhahaha--destroying the US
unchecked immigration!!!!! giving out tax $$$$$$ over and over [ paying people to stay home and not work = this is an EXPONENTIAL deal that is fking up the US ]
DIVIDING the country
etc
-
-and I'm not a christian or believer --you fkd up--HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Dems and blacks are the racists that HATE
I don't believe in god --ahahahahhahah you fked up

There are very few formal excommunications. For many Catholics, of all parties, President Biden excommunicated himself a long time ago, but still goes through the motions. Many Catholics believe we stand for something, and life being out greatest gift is at the top of the list. For the Catholic Church to embrace and highlight someone who does not make this a priority goes against everything Catholic.

Excommunication does not mean a person cannot attend Mass or Church rites. It means he may not receive the Sacraments.

In many respects, Mr. Biden has done whatever is convenient for him throughout his life. This is fine, but he should also recognize there is a standard, and should be a price when those standards are not met. For the Church to say a President or ruler of any kind does not need to meet the standards they call the man-in-the-street to live by is gross hypocrisy. Speaker Pelosi should be formally excommunicated at the same time.

I hope not, but I suspect we will see Church bowing to State, and that is not a good thing for America, no matter where we stand politically.

There are very few formal excommunications. For many Catholics, of all parties, President Biden excommunicated himself a long time ago, but still goes through the motions. Many Catholics believe we stand for something, and life being out greatest gift is at the top of the list. For the Catholic Church to embrace and highlight someone who does not make this a priority goes against everything Catholic.

Excommunication does not mean a person cannot attend Mass or Church rites. It means he may not receive the Sacraments.

In many respects, Mr. Biden has done whatever is convenient for him throughout his life. This is fine, but he should also recognize there is a standard, and should be a price when those standards are not met. For the Church to say a President or ruler of any kind does not need to meet the standards they call the man-in-the-street to live by is gross hypocrisy. Speaker Pelosi should be formally excommunicated at the same time.

I hope not, but I suspect we will see Church bowing to State, and that is not a good thing for America, no matter where we stand politically.
Very interesting to hear where you stand on this question. As I suspected when I saw your name, you are taking a position as a catholic that goes farther than the church would ever dare to go.

The catholic church will always maintain a position that is politically correct for the masses at the moment, as it did with it's support of Nazism, and will do so with Pelosi and Biden, and even Trump.

Is there any evidence from the past that could suggest a catholic political leader not receiving the sacraments for his position on abortion? (or birth control or any other issue that can make the list?)
Whatever it is? Maybe best to ask you why you think that Biden might not receive them? Pelosi too if you feel the motivation?

Or all Democrats, if it can be assumed that it's the abortion issue that's condemning them?

The catholic church will be silent because it knows which side it's bread is buttered on. It will and has supported some of the greatest evil known to man when it's a matter of keeping it's bread buttered.

You, on the other hand can quickly condemn politicians for their politics. Is your condemnation of your church's position of not speaking out against Biden or Pelosi somehow you taking the high road when your church will not?

The catholic church will always maintain a position that is politically correct for the masses at the moment, as it did with it's support of Nazism, and will do so with Pelosi and Biden, and even Trump.
Shrug. It appears you know only half the story about Nazism, but it is true the Church doesn't condemn a national government. Donald Trump is not Catholic, so again outside the parameters.

However, I sadly agree with you that the Catholic Church is going to bow to the State in regards to Speaker Pelosi and President Biden. I might be pleasantly surprised, but as far as it relates to Mrs. Pelosi and Mr. Biden, it appears the Church has one set of standards for them and a separate set for the man-in-the-street. It is rank hypocrisy and stinks to the highest level of heaven. Catholic teaching is that life is our greatest gift. We are about to see if Church officials truly believe what they have been teaching.

Keep in mind many Catholics totally believe this and are upset about the above two receiving the sacraments. This should have been addressed long before now.

Is there any evidence from the past that could suggest a catholic political leader not receiving the sacraments for his position on abortion? (or birth control or any other issue that can make the list?)
Whatever it is? Maybe best to ask you why you think that Biden might not receive them? Pelosi too if you feel the motivation?

Or all Democrats, if it can be assumed that it's the abortion issue that's condemning them?
The trouble is that it is not all cut and dry. The Church also strongly believes in free will. Therefore if a Catholic politician says, "Abortion is not a choice I would ever make, but I believe everyone else should be free to make their choice..." has always been away around the issue for Catholic politicians. However, being part of an abortion (funding it with taxpayer money) has been a line the government--up to now--has been careful not to cross.

If the Church was truly strong and confident it would be announcing at the first tax funded abortion, Catholics would be told not to file or pay federal taxes, the State would back off. Most likely. Notice there has not been even a whisper of this among individual Catholics let alone the Catholic Church.

Apparently the Catholic church is debating on whether to serve Biden communion due to his stance on abortion

Bishop John Stowe of Lexington, Kentucky, is among those who worry the USCCB’s emphasis on abortion undercuts Pope Francis’ exhortations also to stress issues such as climate change, immigration and inequality. Stowe also worries that the U.S. bishops are missing a chance to find common ground with Biden.

“If a politician is targeted as a negative example by his own church, that sets a sad context in which the church can deal with this Catholic president,” Stowe said. “It contributes to the polarization of the church and of society.”

Nonetheless, the bishops wanting to send a tough message to Biden are determined to press ahead.

This tells me that either the church does not believe it to be mass genocide like their official teaching says it is, that is, comparable to the Holocaust, or they have no conscience.

It's either or really.

Biden is the president of a secular nation and a devout Catholic. The Catholic church may deny him communion, but ordinary Catholics won't.

There were no Christian rules about abortion until the 3rd or 4th century.. and no rules against it in the US until the late 1800s. There are many reasons for a woman not to carry a pregnancy to term. Should be left to her, her husband, her doctor and her pastor if she is so inclined. You can't force your beliefs on others and comparing the termination of a pregnancy to the Holocaust is viscious stupidity.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. ever since he got elected he has UNDENIABLY has shown hate towards whites [ be careful how you answer to that so that you don't look silly ]
WHITE SUPREMACY//white this white that
HATE of cops!! law and order
2. hahahhahaha--destroying the US
unchecked immigration!!!!! giving out tax $$$$$$ over and over [ paying people to stay home and not work = this is an EXPONENTIAL deal that is fking up the US ]
DIVIDING the country
etc
-
-and I'm not a christian or believer --you fkd up--HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
^^

Very amateurish gaslighting

Again, if it is a matter of standing back and allowing each person to make their own decision, that's one thing. If they are pushing abortions, that the other.

He need to be thrown out of that church. I'm not Catholic and I have more in common with them than that "devout catholic" does. He and Nancy Pelosi need to be removed. The Church is no place for those who have nothing but contempt for its teachings.

Most abortions are had by married women who already have children, you sanctimonious ass.

Again, if it is a matter of standing back and allowing each person to make their own decision, that's one thing. If they are pushing abortions, that the other.
Your church is definitely standing back, for some reason or another? Is it out of love for Biden, Pelosi, and all people who accept abortion or is it out of fear of losing half of it's flock?

You on the other hand throw caution to the wind and quickly condemn Biden, Pelosi, and others.

I would suggest that you represent the feelings and wishes of the entire catholic flock.
You're opposed to your church's stance on the issue. Is the catholic church taking the high road, the low road, or just the safe road.

With it's support of Nazism we know that it was taking the safe road, right? And so it's excusable.

You, on the other hand can quickly condemn politicians for their politics. Is your condemnation of your church's position of not speaking out against Biden or Pelosi somehow you taking the high road when your church will not?
I'll catch you up. There were twelve apostles, and one betrayed Jesus. One-twelfth. Then there are the lapses such as denying Jesus or doubting him. We all have our lapses. What I keep in mind is that the Church will be wrong 1/12 of the time, and on some pretty major issues.

Second, the people, are the Church. We have our ideals from God, lived by Jesus. It's better to keep focused on them then on the Church, yet still keeping in mind the Church is 11/12ths on target. chURch. (You are the Church).

Biden is the president of a secular nation and a devout Catholic. The Catholic church may deny him communion, but ordinary Catholics won't.
Ordinary Catholics also take the position that he should be denied the Sacraments. Naturally, he is still welcome at Mass and other Church Rites. However, his position pushing/funding abortion crosses the line. The average Catholic will recall Jesus position that no one should serve two masters because he will come to love one and hate the other. President Biden is going to have to make a choice of which Master he will serve. And maybe some ordinary Catholics will have to make this choice as well.

There were no Christian rules about abortion until the 3rd or 4th century.. and no rules against it in the US until the late 1800s. There are many reasons for a woman not to carry a pregnancy to term. Should be left to her, her husband, her doctor and her pastor if she is so inclined. You can't force your beliefs on others and comparing the termination of a pregnancy to the Holocaust is viscious stupidity.
Church teaching has always been life is our greatest gift. When abortion is not an issue in society, then authorities have no need to address it.

There's obviously an urgent need for the catholic church to accept abortion conditionally. There's also the same need on the birth control issue, but it's already started to sneak that one in the back door and so that's a foregone conclusion.

On abortion, it's a difficult question for the catholic church because the Republican party that represents at least a hundred million Americans is not open to compromise.

Within the near future the catholic church will make a quiet appeal to America's Republican party to accept very limited abortion. This will be acceptable to the flock as easily as it was for them to accept evolution at the expense of the creation myth. Only abortion will become acceptable on humanitarian grounds.

The entire 'motherhood' issue is going to be questioned if the church allows a woman to suffer death for religious purposes.

With it's support of Nazism we know that it was taking the safe road, right? And so it's excusable.
Again, with Nazism it was the position that the country held an election and gave the nod to Hitler. Notice when Jews began being persecuted Pope John XXIII and many others did lend a hand in protecting those they could. The Church seems to have less ability than Switzerland to remain completely neutral. Do you also condemn the Swiss for their neutrality?

There's obviously an urgent need for the catholic church to accept abortion conditionally. There's also the same need on the birth control issue, but it's already started to sneak that one in the back door and so that's a foregone conclusion.

On abortion, it's a difficult question for the catholic church because the Republican party that represents at least a hundred million Americans is not open to compromise.

Within the near future the catholic church will make a quiet appeal to America's Republican party to accept very limited abortion. This will be acceptable to the flock as easily as it was for them to accept evolution at the expense of the creation myth. Only abortion will become acceptable on humanitarian grounds.

The entire 'motherhood' issue is going to be questioned if the church allows a woman to suffer death for religious purposes.
Disagree. The reason Pope Paul VI would not approve artificial birth control is because he could see down the line to the next step, which is what happens when birth control fails? He saw abortion coming and he pushed back with considerable strength. While Pope Paul VI is by no means my favorite Pope, I greatly admire his stance on this.

The Church should never compromise on abortion. The Church should continue to point to the ideal. Someone has to.

Forum List

Back