Will The Arizona Boycott Work?

What some do not seem to undertand about Arizona is this, one of our biggest industries here is Tourism. What those that advocate for boycott do not seem to understand is that for the most part by harming those businesses here they also harm thevery people they claim to be supporting. So tell me how is that supporting the cause if immigrants? I seen few if anyone speaking on behalf of people that have to live in poverty for the most part, and are in a lot of cases abused by their own kind as slaves for American labor or used as political tools. I see little if any sympathy for the Americans and Arizonians that are murdered each year by illegals due to the drug trade, drunk driving, guns, etc. Where is the outrage for this? If you really wanted to boycott something and make a difference how about a boycott of your congress and advocate they get off their backsides and actually enforce the laws of the land for a change and secure our nations borders and end this slavery. Want to cause Arizona economic harm be my guest, that harm cuts both ways and you might want to keep that in mind and actually read the Arizona law before you start to advocate for slavery!! because that is EXACTLY what you are doing.

This is not just about immigrants its about latinos whos families have been Americans for generations.

You just refuse to understand who is pissed off here.

It will cost your party deeply in November

Truth, please point in SB -1070 where it singles out latinos , hispanics, or any ethnic group. It's my belief that it is you who misunderstand who is upset here , not me. Latino, White, Black, Brown, you call it, if your an American does not mean a thing to me, what does matter here is that those same Americans and Arizonans have had enough of an apathetic Federal Govt. that has allowed this institution of illegal immigration to continue by not enforcing the laws that have existed for years. I have read the bill many times and live in Arizona and have lived here for many years since I retired and can tell you that not just "white guys" make up the entire population that support this bill . Let me ask you something, how do you tell, the AZ. DPS Officers wife that her husband was killed by a man that should never have been in this country in the first place? or the rancher who went of give water to someone and was killed for his kindness? or the wife of an illegal immigrant whos husband died in the desert in 100 plus degree heat because he was crossing the border illegally? I'm sorry my friend but it is you who misunderstand what is going on here, this is a HUMAN tragedy that can be avoided if we would simply just enforce the law of the land. It is a matter of fact that Arizona is close to Mexico and not Canada or any other nation for that matter, so it stands to reason that the vast majority of people that would be caught up in this instituion would be from that region. that is not being racist it is stating a fact. SB-1070 is a bill that supports Federal Law and frankly if it were as bad as people make it out to be , then you who are against it would be on the steps of the capitol calling for the repeal of the same laws it plans to enforce, because that is all it does. As for the election, all this is going to do is energize people who are fed up with the murders, property damage, drug trade, and institutional slavery , so it remains to be seen who , but would not be making bold statements on the Nov. election, especially here in Arizona with a 70% backing, and 56 to 60% national approval rating.

What some do not seem to undertand about Arizona is this, one of our biggest industries here is Tourism.

Aren't you guys growin' cotton and minin' copper?

I must say that I find the Irony of the Arizona Situation most entertaining:

Obama is Elected Prez.

He Picks Janet Napolitano for his Sec. of Homeland Security

Brewer replaces Napolitano and signs SB-1070

Obama calls the law "Reactionary."

:lol:

What some do not seem to undertand about Arizona is this, one of our biggest industries here is Tourism.

Obama is Elected Prez.

The cotton industry in Arizona is slowiy going away is no where what it once was, as that too has been shipped to Mexico and other nations. As for copper a lot of that depends on the price of copper at the moment. Arizona mining comes and goes with the price like I suspect most companies in the ore business do, but am not very up to date on that field. The economy here is vey much a Tourism based economy and believe it or not our states largest employer is the state Govt. and its second largest is Wal-Mart. We do have many defense related companies here Boeing, (Apache Helicopter) just to name a few. Just about every major car company has a proving ground here in this state and our annual economy is around 232 billion. The housing boom hit this state like a sledge hammer and most of the construction jobs to build those homes has dried up. A boycott of Arizona will do nothing but hurt those that many who are on the other side of this issue say they are supporting. I frankly find it amusing for people to proteset the Arizona Diamondbacks because of a bill passed by the state legislature because almost every single one of those players have little if any interests in Arizona other than playing for the team. The goes with the All-Star Game, the only people who will be hurt will be the people that actually would benefit by the game being here, and thats the labor market. These boycotts are a double edged sword and cut both ways.

Obama is Elected Prez.

The cotton industry in Arizona is slowiy going away is no where what it once was, as that too has been shipped to Mexico and other nations. As for copper a lot of that depends on the price of copper at the moment. Arizona mining comes and goes with the price like I suspect most companies in the ore business do, but am not very up to date on that field. The economy here is vey much a Tourism based economy .....

Doesn't sound like there's much work for unskilled, spanish speaking labor, unless Tourists are coming to see Mariachi Bands.

Obama is Elected Prez.

The cotton industry in Arizona is slowiy going away is no where what it once was, as that too has been shipped to Mexico and other nations. As for copper a lot of that depends on the price of copper at the moment. Arizona mining comes and goes with the price like I suspect most companies in the ore business do, but am not very up to date on that field. The economy here is vey much a Tourism based economy .....

Doesn't sound like there's much work for unskilled, spanish speaking labor, unless Tourists are coming to see Mariachi Bands.

Most of that labor is "service related" and you can pretty much come up with a whole host of jobs in that area. On a side note, a lot of homes here during the housing boom were built on the cheap by that unskilled labor, and as a result many of those homes have been a disaster for the residents that have purchased them. What it has done, it has served to the keep wages low in our state for skilled jobs, like plumbers, electricians, etc. because that undocumented labor is willing to come and take on a job for 1/3rd what the American worker is and sometimes a lot less. This is another reaon I do not understand why people are not upset over this issue, because in our ecomony one would think that many would want Americans to have a chance to work and be paid decent wages for that work which has always been a cornerstone of the democratic party. As I said Samson its become an institution here due to lack of Federal Govt. enforcement and the outrage at least IMHO as more to do with the threat towards that institution than it does actually making things better for everyone.

Comparing the boycott of AZ regarding the MLK holiday and this boycott is like comparing apples to oranges. THIS boycott will NOT get off the ground.

I think so.

That state's legislators will LEARN...the HARD way.

This is NOT what the good people of the United States stands for.

These RW nut-jobs only only stand ONE thing...and that's MONEY!

That state will crumble to their knees. When enough business start SQUEALING like little pigs you will start to see a different song being sung by that wacko state.

Watch....you will see.

Anybody have any other thoughts on this?

Its not like this is the first time. This state went through this because of the MLK birthday thing.

Isnt the all star game supposed to be here next year? lol

Comparing the boycott of AZ regarding the MLK holiday and this boycott is like comparing apples to oranges. THIS boycott will NOT get off the ground.

Agreed. There are more hispanics than blacks involved this time. This one will be bigger. Actually this one will combine blacks and hispanics. Rev Al is already involved.

This will be bigger than the MLK birthday thing.

Arizona - Fail again. I love it here.

Fine/jail businesses/owners who employee illegals in order to reduce the demand and keep/enforce the AZ bill in order to reduce the supply.

Politicians on neither side have the balls to do that.

Ageed, but the average Jethro in here will say, its the illegals that are the problems, not the businesses that hire them.

Its not like its not on the books, its illegal to hire them, yet they are not considered illegal by idiots in here.

I dont get it. Is it because the business owners are white, and just doing the whole "free market" thing. Trying to get the most and spending the least.

The reason why they dont bust the businesses here is because we like cheap labor. Over 50% of businesses here in Arizona hire illegals, yet nothing happens. Why?

Last edited:
ALL states depend on tourism - AZ is not the only one. Try keeping people away from seeing the beautiful Grand Canyon or Sedona or the beauty that is the desert at this time of year the beautiful sunsets, etc. Just try it.......

Agreed. There are more hispanics than blacks involved this time. This one will be bigger. Actually this one will combine blacks and hispanics. Rev Al is already involved.

This will be bigger than the MLK birthday thing.

Arizona - Fail again. I love it here.

So let me see if I understand this, your advocating a boycott of a team that employee's 40% hispanics that your claim might be a victim of this new law and all the hispanics, African Americans, women, etc. in the local community who would benefit from a game being played here? Let me ask you Zona, who do you think will suffer more in the sort of boycott you are supporting? the people or the businesses that employ them? If you really wanted to make a difference here you would direct your anger at a Federal Govt. that has allowed this to become the institution that it has become and stop supporting a system that enslaves hispanics to meaningless labor jobs because they feel they have to illegally enter this nation in the first place. You would support a system that is fair for everyone and is enforced and protects Arizona for the benefit of the people that live here regardless of what ethnic heritage they have.

ALL states depend on tourism - AZ is not the only one. Try keeping people away from seeing the beautiful Grand Canyon or Sedona or the beauty that is the desert at this time of year the beautiful sunsets, etc. Just try it.......

Hey!!

Beautiful Sunsets are property of the Florida Tourism Industry. Get your own marketing tools, Beautiful Sunsets has been taken. :D

Immie

Hey!!
Beautiful Sunsets are property of the Florida Tourism Industry. Get your own marketing tools, Beautiful Sunsets has been taken.

I hear you....but we will cross that bridge when Florida passes the same law a AZ.......but I will not hold my breath.

Most of that labor is "service related" and you can pretty much come up with a whole host of jobs in that area. On a side note, a lot of homes here during the housing boom were built on the cheap by that unskilled labor, and as a result many of those homes have been a disaster for the residents that have purchased them. What it has done, it has served to the keep wages low in our state for skilled jobs, like plumbers, electricians, etc. because that undocumented labor is willing to come and take on a job for 1/3rd what the American worker is and sometimes a lot less. This is another reaon I do not understand why people are not upset over this issue, because in our ecomony one would think that many would want Americans to have a chance to work and be paid decent wages for that work which has always been a cornerstone of the democratic party. As I said Samson its become an institution here due to lack of Federal Govt. enforcement and the outrage at least IMHO as more to do with the threat towards that institution than it does actually making things better for everyone.

Arizona is Mecca to golfers across the world and a lot of the grounds crews are hispanic. The golf boom has already slowed substantially along with the building around them. You used to see a lot of young Americans that would work on golf courses during the summer, I did in high school, now it's one english speaker with a gang that speak only spanish. Same was true in housing, young Americans would learn the building trades from working during the summer, now it's low wage hispanics.
I guarantee you that golfers aren't going to boycott, I may have to take a week off to go play in Tucson this summer, Ventana Canyon gives incredible discounts during the heat.

As for the sunsets, there is nothing even close to the incredible sunsets in the desert during the monsoon season, every color in the spectrum. The smell of the desert after one of those fast moving rainstorms is also one of the finest gifts to the sense of smell ever. I spent a lot of time in Tucson, Cave Creek and Scottsdale over the years, I love Arizona!

Man oh man, how bout those lefties calling for and supporting the boycott of the state they live in just to make some sort of stupid political point.

talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Liberalism is a MENTAL DISORDER.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back