Will Republicans end social security?

Will Republicans end social security?

• Yes, at least try

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 81 71.1%

• Total voters
It’s difficult to be precise about the real-world effects, because the Republican plans for replacing existing government insurance programs remain so undefined. Ryan’s“A Better Way” proposal is a broad, 37-page outline without dollar figures, and Senate Republican leaders have never produced an actual Obamacare “replacement” plan.

But the Republican plans in circulation, along with the vague ― and shifting ― health care principles Trump endorsed during the campaign, have common themes. And from those it’s possible to glean a big-picture idea of what a fully realized version of the Republican health care agenda would mean.

With the new proposed tax cuts where the majority of the money goes to the wealthiest,

social security money that was borrowed from the social security surplus revenues, to give the bush tax cuts to the wealthiest, will not be able to be replenished, paid back to social security, which will bankrupt it.... It's been the Republican plan all along.... sure hope Trump doesn't 'buy in to it''....

It wasn't discussed during the elections but does any one doubt SS is going to be put on the chopping block?

No way one usmb Republican will say they like and want to keep SS.

And if they want to at least tell us in 2019 so we can vote on it.

I sure hope so. I thought repealing Obamacare would be the one good thing about Trump winning, but that looks like it's a no-go. Maybe ending Social Security will be my silver lining. My plan calls for a five year phase out, ending in a lump payout to everyone who has paid SS taxes, based on to-date lifetime earnings. I think that is perfectly reasonable. Really, I'd like to see it on a 1 year timeline.

When the safetynet is gone the poor, the sick and the old will feel it the most and a lot of them will die. The quality of life in this country will take a massive crap.

Not that the so called Christians that have a lot of money in the bank that are screaming for it will give a single fuck.

It wasn't discussed during the elections but does any one doubt SS is going to be put on the chopping block?

I sure hope so. I thought repealing Obamacare would be the one good thing about Trump winning, but that looks like it's a no-go. Maybe ending Social Security will be my silver lining. My plan calls for a five year phase out, ending in a lump payout to everyone who has paid SS taxes, based on to-date lifetime earnings. I think that is perfectly reasonable. Really, I'd like to see it on a 1 year timeline.
and the interest their money earned for the past 45 years? The govt gets to keep that?

NO THANKS.

Maybe like at Ford let the people who want a buy out have one and the people who want to keep ss keep it. But don't come running to us when you run out of money.

1 in 3 Americans Has Saved $0 for Retirement

What would you do with 33% of America when they are old and broke? Let them starve?

Maybe like at Ford let the people who want a buy out have one and the people who want to keep ss keep it. But don't come running to us when you run out of money.

What would you do with 33% of America when they are old and broke? Let them starve?

This is why I made that post about tens of millions possibly dying in long therm because of heartless loserterianism. It could happen.

and the interest their money earned for the past 45 years? The govt gets to keep that?

NO THANKS.

Their money? It stopped being "their" or your money when the government taxed it away. Wait a second....you don't actually mean to tell me that you believe this false narrative that Social Security is some kind of retirement account, do you? :lmao: Oh, my friend, you've been sorely deceived. Social Security is nothing more than an entitlement program, with special categories of taxes used to pay for it aside from the general fund.

Your money is not sitting and waiting for you. It's not collecting interest. The money they took from you (those SS payroll taxes) has already been spent. The government is taxing you to pay the entitlement benefits of current beneficiaries. That's the way it's always been.

There is no interest for "your" money to collect. The whole thing is nothing more than an entitlement. The politicians have used one story to make people happy, and then those people have convinced themselves of even further absurdities because they liked the sound of free money and they didn't want to believe that they were being ripped off. But you were. You, me, all of us have been getting ripped off our entire lives as we've paid our SS taxes. The Baby Boomers have been ripping off the rest of us all along. And they'll keep doing it even after they've died, if they have their way. Because when it's time for us to retire, there will be no Social Security. It will be all gone.

If you want to have something to live on when you retire, I suggest you save your money now and invest it in a good 401k or IRA. And letting you keep your SS taxes now will let you do that much more easily.

Yes, let them starve. Let the greedy, slimy Baby Boomers starve to death. Let them get evicted, thrown out on the streets. Let them die cold, hungry, and lonely. They had the best fucking economic years of this country, built on every drop of assistance and advantage they've zealously denied future generations. If they couldn't be bothered in that time to save for their own retirements, then let them fucking starve. Because that's exactly what they plan to leave left for the rest of us.

NO THANKS.

Their money? It stopped being "their" or your money when the government taxed it away. Wait a second....you don't actually mean to tell me that you believe this false narrative that Social Security is some kind of retirement account, do you? :lmao: Oh, my friend, you've been sorely deceived. Social Security is nothing more than an entitlement program, with special categories of taxes used to pay for it aside from the general fund.

Your money is not sitting and waiting for you. It's not collecting interest. The money they took from you (those SS payroll taxes) has already been spent. The government is taxing you to pay the entitlement benefits of current beneficiaries. That's the way it's always been.

There is no interest for "your" money to collect. The whole thing is nothing more than an entitlement. The politicians have used one story to make people happy, and then those people have convinced themselves of even further absurdities because they liked the sound of free money and they didn't want to believe that they were being ripped off. But you were. You, me, all of us have been getting ripped off our entire lives as we've paid our SS taxes. The Baby Boomers have been ripping off the rest of us all along. And they'll keep doing it even after they've died, if they have their way. Because when it's time for us to retire, there will be no Social Security. It will be all gone.

If you want to have something to live on when you retire, I suggest you save your money now and invest it in a good 401k or IRA. And letting you keep your SS taxes now will let you do that much more easily.
AS I said... no thank you! I'd rather take the monthly payments until I die, at least then, I'll get my money back with interest.

and sorry, your bs doesn't fly...first you say govt should just give us back the money we paid in to it....and now you say there IS NONE of our money that we paid in to it....

make up your mind....

Loserterianism only works when one has the land to grow their own food and generally has a clean source of water. It doesn't work very well in the city or when you have to work for someone.

And of course, your healthcare and standards of living is shit.

[

Not Just Obamacare: Medicaid, Medicare Also On GOP’s Chopping Block

I really hope so.

You hope millions of people die? How christian of you.

I hope the filthy ass government gets out of the oppressive business of taking money away from the people that earn it and giving it to the people that didn't earn it. You know, welfare, subsidies, bailouts and entitlements.

By the way Moon Bat. The Bible teaches that charity should come from the heart, family and church. Nothing about corrupt politicians elected by greedy special interest groups dishing it out.

Since I am a generous person I may chose to help you out. However it is thievery for the government thugs to take my money by force and then give it to you.

I'd rather take the monthly payments until I die, at least then, I'll get my money back with interest.

:lmao:

No you won't! No, you won't. You're deluding yourself if you believe that nonsense. Social Security is not an investment. It does not pay interest. It is an ENTITLEMENT. Why can't you get that through your head? Benefits are not based on your "contributions." They are based on Congressional calculations about when you are probably going to die. And those can be changed at pretty much any time. In fact, the number one recommendation by people to "save" Social Security is to change the numbers! They want tax us more, and pay us less later on. And that's the bullshit you think pays you interest!?!

Have you ever tried to actually do the math before? As it stands now, you have to live to be nearly 100 before you'd get out of Social Security everything you've been taxed, assuming you retire at 67 years old.

Given I've paid into SS my whole life, I'd be robbed massively if it was removed.

Why should I consider you Trump-thug robbers any different than a thug who would openly rob me at gunpoint? After all, the thug would take far less of my money. And at least the gun-wielding thug would be honest about it, which puts him in a moral class above the Trump-thugs.
it's not a trump item. so you sir/lady are in left field. get it left field? :banana::banana::banana:

Forum List

Back