Will Donald Trump run for President in 2024?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

I say he will because at the moment, based on current counts, he lost by small margins in three states that could have changed the outcome of the election. Given his force of personality and control of the Republican Party, I think he is going to run for President again in 2024 and try and avenge his defeat.
No. He will be 78 and well into his retirement. You will see Nikki Haley in 2024 IMO. Maybe Tom Cotton.

Retirement is a choice, not a necessity, unless ill health comes into play. Joe Biden turns 78 11 days from now and will likely be President for the next 8 years leaving office 2 months after he turns 86.
He already inferred that he is a one term president. It will be Kamala running in 2024 in all likelihood

No, he was specific in saying he was not planning on being a one term President. When and where do you think he "inferred" he would only be a one term President?

Remember, we have Senators like Chuck Grassley(age 87), Diane Feinstein(age 87), and Representative Don Young(age 87), all a decade older than Biden who will be serving into their 90s.

Z

I say he will because at the moment, based on current counts, he lost by small margins in three states that could have changed the outcome of the election. Given his force of personality and control of the Republican Party, I think he is going to run for President again in 2024 and try and avenge his defeat.

People have run from prison before, so that wouldn't be a hindrance.

Whether he'd want to or not hangs heavily on what happens in the interim when he has to answer court charges and debtors. And given the wide gap between how he did and how the rest of the Republican Party did in the same election, I don't think he's quite got "control" of anything. They have no use for him now.

Actually, if the Republicans end up winning the Senate, it will likely be because of Trump. In particular it looks like Trump's potential win in North Carolina may have saved the Republican Senate seat there.

Again, many will say Trump only lost by a combined 49,000 votes in three states, just like Hillary only lost by a combined 77,000 votes in three states in 2016. Trump just had 71,108,000+ Americans vote for him. It does not seem like his popularity has been diminished.

I agree. He's very popular as his rally's show. He got a lot of votes and I'd say he will run in 2024. Not sure the GOP will support him but if they don't they ain't to smart. He's a winner and always has been.

The GOP has been marching lock step in support of Trump for four years now. It seem most either support him or those that don't are afraid to go against him.

Nope. Four years from now, he won't have two nickels to rub together.

Provided he is not in prison and survives his legal troubles, that won't be the case. The real question I am asking is, barring his personal legal difficulties, do you think he would run for President in 2024?

He's definitely going to run and he'd have a great chance of winning. The Covid canard the Democrats hung on him will be past

Z

Whether he'd want to or not hangs heavily on what happens in the interim when he has to answer court charges and debtors. And given the wide gap between how he did and how the rest of the Republican Party did in the same election, I don't think he's quite got "control" of anything. They have no use for him now.

Actually, if the Republicans end up winning the Senate, it will likely be because of Trump. In particular it looks like Trump's potential win in North Carolina may have saved the Republican Senate seat there.

Again, many will say Trump only lost by a combined 49,000 votes in three states, just like Hillary only lost by a combined 77,000 votes in three states in 2016. Trump just had 71,108,000+ Americans vote for him. It does not seem like his popularity has been diminished.

I agree. He's very popular as his rally's show. He got a lot of votes and I'd say he will run in 2024. Not sure the GOP will support him but if they don't they ain't to smart. He's a winner and always has been.

The GOP has been marching lock step in support of Trump for four years now. It seem most either support him or those that don't are afraid to go against him.

Lock step? What is wrong with you? Romney, Collins, Kasich the Lincoln project? Democrats are such sheep. Accuse Republicans of what you do

Provided he is not in prison and survives his legal troubles, that won't be the case. The real question I am asking is, barring his personal legal difficulties, do you think he would run for President in 2024?

Why would Trump be in prison again? Democrats all parrot that (see last post) but none of you can explain what it's supposed to mean

Personally I truly hope he runs. It would guarantee a President Kamala Harris. Biden 2020-2024, Harris 2024-2032??? YES PLEASE

Why would Trump be in prison again? Democrats all parrot that (see last post) but none of you can explain what it's supposed to mean

Mass civil rights violations and racism for one. Thats just a start but it’s enough for a 20 yr sentence.

Personally I truly hope he runs. It would guarantee a President Kamala Harris. Biden 2020-2024, Harris 2024-2032??? YES PLEASE

Democrats always believe the propaganda over the evidence. Yeah, Trump would "guarantee" a Harris Presidency. Who are you going to believe, the DNC or your lying eyes?

Wouldn't surprise me. He is the titular leader of the party at present and they continue to fluff his corruption and misbehavior.
A better bet is that by 2024 (assuming still alive) he'll be a convicted felon. :)

Mass civil rights violations and racism for one. Thats just a start but it’s enough for a 20 yr sentence.

OK, racist Democrat shill. Actually you don't go to prison for "racism." Fortunately for you, huh?

Try it again. Give an actual answer to the question

Interesting question, and it may depend on whether the rumors of him starting a media company are true.

If he does, no doubt he'd have his own teevee show, his own internet show, his own podcast, etc. And, no doubt, he would absolutely dominate the right wing space. So, since his top priority in life is being adored, that may satiate his profound emotional needs. He'll have his X million sheep hanging on every word, with no one to fact-check him.

That could be enough. Who knows. It'll be another shit show to observe, though, that's for sure.

Z

You may be right but many in the GOP have now use for Trump cause he's not a politician. He doesn't follow the politician route.

The man says what he means and he doesn't care if they like it or not.

No. He will be 78 and well into his retirement. You will see Nikki Haley in 2024 IMO. Maybe Tom Cotton.

Retirement is a choice, not a necessity, unless ill health comes into play. Joe Biden turns 78 11 days from now and will likely be President for the next 8 years leaving office 2 months after he turns 86.
He already inferred that he is a one term president. It will be Kamala running in 2024 in all likelihood

No, he was specific in saying he was not planning on being a one term President. When and where do you think he "inferred" he would only be a one term President?

Remember, we have Senators like Chuck Grassley(age 87), Diane Feinstein(age 87), and Representative Don Young(age 87), all a decade older than Biden who will be serving into their 90s.

We will see. I agree on the points you made but Senate and Presidency are not the same.

He hasn't lost the 2020 election yet.

His Wife and son in law have told him that he has lost. Trump signs around the country have come down. Trump can and may fight it for the next four weeks, but if he makes no progress with his claims in a court of law, then he has no option but to accept that he lost the 2020 election. If he refuses to leave the White House on January 20, 2020, the police and secret service will remove him.
Gotta link to that?

The little fellow needs to accept reality and give up. Michael Cohen says the plan has always been to start his own TV network where he can harass the Biden administration. Cohen says that the Don will move permanently the Florida and do just that.

He might...but there are numerous crimes he is going to have to answer for first. He is already noted as a co-conspirator in a crime that Cohen went to prison for. And SDNY want him for other felonies.

THAT is the big reason he is fighting so hard to keep the cloak of protection the Presidency has. He is losing sleep at night......LOVE IT!:banana:

Maybe they will give him some time out of the Federal lock up to campaign.....Who Knows?

Harris will have to wait until at least 2028. BIDEN is a two term President.

We will see. I agree on the points you made but Senate and Presidency are not the same.

Actually they are not much different. In fact, Senators often run around the country and the planet more often than the President does himself. Senators and Representatives are often on the ground watching military training out in the desert or in a war zone overseas on fact finding missions, while the President in is in the White House or playing golf.

You posted an article from August 2020 that was simply and opinion piece by one person. The other article is from all the way back in 2019 when many people were claiming BIDEN would not be the nominee.

Then there is this from the opinion pieces you cited:

" To be clear, this would be an unusual and indeed unprecedented move. We don't believe such a commitment has ever been made by the nominee of a major political party, but to state the obvious, we are not living in normal times."

Has BIDEN made any such commitment? Nope. When does the Presidential campaign start for 2024? January 2023 or about 2 years and 2 months from now. BIDEN would have to announce that he is not running by then so Harris could declare that she is. Unless there is a dramatic change in Biden's health, its not going to happen.

What would be the point in only serving for one term? If your suggesting that your not fit for a second term in some way, it makes people question whether your fit for the term your in or about to start.

Forum List

Back